Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

Pp Reset

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Many of the fighters and perhaps even non combat players are feeling the strong need of a PP database reset for all players due to changes in the game over a period of time concerning unrequired or needed nexus, etc. This is just a little poll asking people to either respond yes or no. A pp reset would mean that we would keep the total accumulation of pp but be able to reallocate them as we choose and that this would be a one time deal.

some of us also suggest that such perks as MM, i can't dance, jelly bones, godless, hellspawn and antisocial not be granted to those players who have an oa below 50. many players who have been here for ages and who have worked hard to achieve their high levels feel that it's an unfair advantage to newer players and especially since these perks were not readily available to them.

many of also feel that harvestors, pot makers, alchemists, manu and crafters have control of the economy and many more advantages to the fighters. the fighters primarily depend on these non combat players for most things such as; buying new armor which constantly breaks, pots, ess, etc. yet these non combat players whine about any little advantage that the fighters get, such as the recent rostogol stone. now trolls do not drop these stones, instead harvestors will spend all day finding them. i was told that roja said she thinks is silly or something to that effect to spend hours beating trolls stupid to find a stone. i could say the same about alchemists who spend all day, every day making fire ess or other ess just to find enriched items and not only that there is also a perk to help them along on their quest.

some have complained that the value of the currency in the game has become meaningless. that's just not true. only a very wealthy player would say that. the currency is thriving and very much alive and well. if it weren't, you wouldn't see so many people selling lilacs just to buy some armor or pots or whatever.

i personally feel that the fighter hasn't had much of a voice/representation and all i want is too see some balance and a little more equality and fair representation so that things are fair and juste for all.

concerning the stones, perhaps they shouldn't work on a PK map or perhaps there should be a rollover where there is only a certain percentage of a chance that they will work depending on ad/oa levels?

anyway, these are my suggestions for the game.. also, it would be nice to see a book store since there is an overabundance of books. perhaps books should only drop from higher level monsters? just a thought because if anything has lost it's value in the game, it's books. the only books that are worth anything anymore are drops from ogre, fluffy and the chim. most fighters don't even bother picking the books up, anymore.

also, it would be really cool to see monsters in hell or an advanced hell as shivar and i discussed one night for players with oa above 50.

one player suggested to bring back some of the negatives of harvesting..

greenganjaking suggested to also have monsters randomly (announced) appear on any map...

one more thing, yes monsters drop some things that non combat players don't get, such as capes, weapons, etc. let me remind all of you that fighters spend a fortune on armor, weapons and pots in order to train. those few drops help to cover the expenses. most of the items that fighters get in drops are mainly sold to other fighters with the exception of the MM cape. however, since the MM perk has been available, the MM cape has been selling less and the value has decreased significantly.

that's my input and the input of other players who asked me to create this thread.

now here is the poll question:

Should there be a ONE time PP database reset for all players? Yes or No..

thanks all :-)

Edited by Enyo

No. Re-allocation of pickpoints at will makes it possible to power level at your own expense. Absolutely not.

There should be multiple PP resets that restart you at the base OA because it allows a person to change their stats up as they want, but they have to work to get them back. (Which is how it is right now)

Edited by Daxon

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

No.  Re-allocation of pickpoints at will makes it possible to power level at your own expense.  Absolutely not.

There should be multiple PP resets that restart you at the base OA because it allows a person to change their stats up as they want, but they have to work to get them back.

156595[/snapback]

please reread my post before replying in the future. not once did i mention anything about "re-allocation of pickpoints at will." we are suggesting a pp database reset for all players. one time deal due to the various reasons mentioned in the above post.

Edited by Enyo

she mean that if u have oa 78 you wil get 78 pickpoints to respend.. and u wil have 4/4/4/4 stats.. , and u cant do it multiple

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

she mean that if u have oa 78 you wil get 78 pickpoints to respend.. and u wil have 4/4/4/4 stats.. , and u cant do it multiple

156601[/snapback]

thanks, satan.. that's exactly what i mean. :-)

gigi3.jpg

thanks, satan.. that's exactly what i mean. :-)

156604[/snapback]

Too bad, that's exactly what I meant. If you reset, pay a price for it. Not get it handed to you.

i vote yes for PP reset

its verry unfair .. i wasted 15 pickpoints.. cuz of delays.. nexuses i never use..

One of the things with PP's that I feel is fairly important is not being able to get them back without a cost. That helps you think about the ramifications of the PP's you use along with the perks (good and bad).

The perks you want now, have been around for a long time, so why are you asking for a full system wide reset plus restrictions based on OA as to who can use some perks? The answer is you want something for yourself.

Personally, I say live with your choices and the current rules.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

One of the things with PP's that I feel is fairly important is not being able to get them back without a cost. That helps you think about the ramifications of the PP's you use along with the perks (good and bad).

The perks you want now, have been around for a long time, so why are you asking for a full system wide reset plus restrictions based on OA as to who can use some perks? The answer is you want something for yourself.

Personally, I say live with your choices and the current rules.

156608[/snapback]

Actually, i want nothing for myself personally. i'm a noob and have only been playing this game a little over 6 weeks. i was asked by other seasoned players to create this thread. what i want is fairness for all players, not only the new or the select few.

I'd say, if we ever get another nexus or something that large that it really does make a difference, you should have the option to have your PP freed up, once only, for, say, a quarter of your XP or something. there is a cost to doing this, the alternative is to make do with what you have

and wanting to change things when the system hasn't changed, that's what #reset is for

My appologies, then THEY are trying to get something for themselves and not suffer the consquences.

I'd say, if we ever get another nexus or something that large that it really does make a difference, you should have the option to have your PP freed up, once only, for, say, a quarter of your XP or something. there is a cost to doing this, the alternative is to make do with what you have

and wanting to change things when the system hasn't changed, that's what #reset is for

156610[/snapback]

The reason they don't want to #reset is because then they lose all of their OA experiance. What many people forget is that it is much easier for a high level to get the OA up quickly after a reset because of their higher stats. The good news is they can never get it back to where it would have been if they had not #reset.

some of us also suggest that such perks as MM, i can't dance, jelly bones, godless, hellspawn and antisocial not be granted to those players who have an oa below 50.  many players who have been here for ages and who have worked hard to achieve their high levels feel that it's an unfair advantage to newer players and especially since these perks were not readily available to them. 

Times change. However, sounds reasonable. Make it the same for some positive perks as well.

many of also feel that harvestors, pot makers, alchemists, manu and crafters have control of the economy and many more advantages to the fighters.  the fighters primarily depend on these non combat players for most things such as; buying new armor which constantly breaks, pots, ess, etc.  yet these non combat players whine about any little advantage that the fighters get, such as the recent rostogol stone.  now trolls do not drop these stones, instead harvestors will spend all day finding them.  i was told that roja said she thinks is silly or something to that effect to spend hours beating trolls stupid to find a stone.  i could say the same about alchemists who spend all day, every day making fire ess or other ess just to find enriched items and not only that there is also a perk to help them along on their quest. 

Nice. You complain about one non-fighting related perk (which is 7pp, 2k gold, expensive for a perk) while you have fast regeneration, monster magnetism, evanescence, careful guy, no more tears (this perk alone shuts up your 'oh our armor and weapons break too fast!' argument), body piercing, fatal man, there is no fork, and mirror skin. All of those directly help fighters in some way, PvP or PvM.

Also, take it upon yourself to train multiple skills. You're not restricted to just fighting. It's impossible for non-fighters to obtain full 'control' of the market because they have very little profit coming from their work.

some have complained that the value of the currency in the game has become meaningless.  that's just not true.  only a very wealthy player would say that.  the currency is thriving and very much alive and well.  if it weren't, you wouldn't see so many people selling lilacs just to buy some armor or pots or whatever.

Your statement is both right and wrong. True, money still does have a meaning right now, but you're wrong if you assume it's not headed to the worthless status. You'll also notice that people, especially crafters and manuers, cannot make profit easily/at all anymore without being called a scammer, or over-pricer, or whatever. They most currently don't control an economy they can barely profit from.

i personally feel that the fighter hasn't had much of a voice/representation and all i want is too see some balance and a little more equality and fair representation so that things are fair and juste for all. 

Good deal. Sounds fair overall. I haven't seen an ingame fighting meeting yet.. but maybe that's just me. I usually miss those things.

I agree with enyo, a PP reset would be nice, i wasted a few of my pp's on nexus, but as i am such a high oa lvl now, resetting would make it hard for me to train. With the pp reset, maybe i could spend my pp's more wisely ;)

I don't agree.

Should've spent them wisely in the first place.

So No for me.

I agree with enyo, a PP reset would be nice, i wasted a few of my pp's on nexus, but as i am such a high oa lvl now, resetting would make it hard for me to train. With the pp reset, maybe i could spend my pp's more wisely  ;)

156614[/snapback]

I reset at oa 78 and now am back to 71. Why don't you suck it up and either allocate right the first time or go through the same thing?

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Daxon, most fighter do not bother to take these perks because they want to place all available PP on p/c.

NOT true.. fighters are going to buy pots, armor, rings, etc regardless of prices because they need them to train and to PK. the pot makers and manu people are the richest on the game overall as an average. 

yes, fighters can do multiple trades, just as non combat people can but lord vermor says otherwise to me.  he represents the voice of the non combat players and told me that the stones gave the fighters an unfair advantage.  he says to me that harvesting is a universal skill which is true and that many players will not take the time to develop their char up to higher fighting levels to fight trolls or ogres.  that's a two way street, i can say the same that perhaps all players do not want to spend endless untold hours harvesting day after day, doing nothing else, or day after day creating fire ess.  the point is that we all should virtually depend upon each other concerning the economy of the game and that there should be fair and equal representation for all players, not only the non combat.  we all choose our roles on the game and some of us wear more than one hat but most do not.

daxon, concerning database PP reset.. many seasoned players are asking for this because they placed PP on manu thinking that they wanted to make rings, etc only discover in a later update that you also needed 2 or 3 on magic nexus. that's not fair for the player and it's wasted PP. the PP reset is NOT due to unwise placement of PP but due to updates on nexus.

Edited by Enyo

The problem with them putting all of their PP's into P/C is that they had decided not to work on anything else and be an uber fighter. What they'll need to do now is either #reset or start placing the PP's they get, when they get them into new areas.

PP's are precious, use them wisely ;)

Daxon, most fighter do not bother to take these perks because they want to place all available PP on p/c.

And that applies to what? You like to reserve PP only for p/c? Well, you should start doing other things to benefit yourself. Pure power usually causes the most trouble later. :)

NOT true.. fighters are going to buy pots, armor, rings, etc regardless of prices because they need them to train and to PK.  the pot makers and manu people are the richest on the game overall as an average. 

If you're so caught up in the rush of wasting your money, try to make friends with pot makers and give them the ingredients to make pots. Cheaper, they get exp, you get pots, you make friends. Oh wait.. let me guess. You also have 0 inorganic too I'm guessing? You can't supply your own materials. :lol:

The same goes for any armor, rings, etc. makers. Make more friends and you'll be fine. Infact, I've gotten so many moon medallions off things like ogres that I'll practically never have to talk to a crafter ever. That's how bad it's gotten for them regarding some items. As for manuers, they have such a small business on items now that their profit margin is too slim. But hey. you want to sit here and cry about how you're treated bad? Fine with me.

yes, fighters can do multiple trades, just as non combat people can but lord vermor says otherwise to me.  he represents the voice of the non combat players and told me that the stones gave the fighters an unfair advantage.  he says to me that harvesting is a universal skill which is true and that many players will not take the time to develop their char up to higher fighting levels to fight trolls or ogres.  that's a two way street, i can say the same that perhaps all players do not want to spend endless untold hours harvesting day after day, doing nothing else, or day after day creating fire ess.  the point is that we all should virtually depend upon each other concerning the economy of the game and that there should be fair and equal representation for all players, not only the non combat.  we all choose our roles on the game and some of us wear more than one hat but most do not.

Pardon me, but L_v is not the voice of the non combat people. Stones gave everybody an advantage. If you want us to be more dependable on everybody, then you petition for them to rewrite the game to create specific class-based characters. Then we'd be mostly dependant, unless someone wanted to keep several characters.

I'm positive most characters have more than one skill trained, even if it's only harvesting and alchemy/fighting or whatnot. The more skills a person trained, the more flexible they are. If you like to be confined to the sword only, that is your deal. Don't drag everybody down with you though. Choose your PPs right the first time or #reset.

daxon, concerning database PP reset.. many seasoned players are asking for this because they placed PP on manu thinking that they wanted to make rings, etc only discover in a later update that you also needed 2 or 3 on magic nexus. that's not fair for the player and it's wasted PP. the PP reset is NOT due to unwise placement of PP but due to updates on nexus.

Seasoned players should also come with a higher understanding of game dynamics now. They should also know to choose their PPs wisely. If they fail to acknowledge that the simple things are indeed simple to understand, they shouldn't call themselves seasoned. :)

Edited by Daxon

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

The problem with them putting all of their PP's into P/C is that they had decided not to work on anything else and be an uber fighter. What they'll need to do now is either #reset or start placing the PP's they get, when they get them into new areas.

PP's are precious, use them wisely :)

156622[/snapback]

the problem with what you're saying is that you are clueless to what i'm saying. players have used their PP wisely. it's due to updates in nexus that made some PP wasted. this is the reason many seasoned players want a PP database reset.

gigi3.jpg

the problem with what you're saying is that you are clueless to what i'm saying.  players have used their PP wisely.  it's due to updates in nexus that made some PP wasted.  this is the reason many seasoned players want a PP database reset.

156625[/snapback]

I'm guessing that statement there reflects how bad it's gotten for manuers, crafters, and others right? You chose the nexus to begin with because you decided to do that skill. Now that that skill is not a freebie to level, you're disappointed and want your PPs back? Tough luck. Think ahead into the future before you make PP choices.

If you're referring to updates purely to nexus.. such as magical weapons having a higher nexus than normal.. is that really a problem? Just DEAL with it. We have to.

Edited by Daxon

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Daxon, you don't get it and you never will because it's obvious you only want to argue and i just don't have time for that. you can vote yes or no on the poll. it doesn't matter to me and you're entitled to your opinion. it's futile to continue the exchange of posting with you. i told you before that i created this thread because MANY players asked me to.. so think what you want and don't assume things that you know little of concerning where i've PERSONALLY placed my pp because this is NOT about me. don't make this a personal issue. it's NOT. this has to do with updates in the game concerning nexus such as placing PP on manu to make rings, only later to discover that you also need magic nexus and wasted PP. it has nothing to do with the magical weapons, either. yes manu people; pot makers and the like make a FORTUNE in the game. the economy is well but i think that some wealthy players are jealous and don't want to see others thrive. that's MY personal opinion. i've not been playing this game long enough to understand the politics of it but this post and this thread is not about politics.. it's a poll.. vote YES or NO and that's it.. keep politics out of it. i also made some suggestions for the game and i don't expect everyone to agree. however, there is NO need for personal attacks if you can't agree. plz don't tell US to just deal with it. we are NOT in your army and never will be. stop treating everyone like this is the marines. it is NOT. it's an interactive online game/community and all here have a voice, even noobs like me. thanks.

Edited by Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Daxon, you don't get it and you never will because it's obvious you only want to argue and i just don't have time for that.  you can vote yes or no on the poll.  it doesn't matter to me and you're entitled to your opinion.  it's futile to continue the exchange of posting with you.  i told you before that i created this thread because MANY players asked me to.. so think what you want and don't assume things that you know little of concerning where i've PERSONALLY placed my pp because this is NOT about me.  don't make this a personal issue.  it's NOT.  this has to do with updates in the game concerning nexus and wasted PP.  yes manu people; pot makers and the like make a FORTUNE in the game.  the economy is well but i think that some wealthy players are jealous and don't want to see others thrive.  that's MY personal opinion.  i've not been playing this game long enough to understand the politics of it but this post and this thread is not about politics.. it's a poll.. vote YES or NO and that's it.. keep politics out of it.  i also made some suggestions for the game and i don't expect everyone to agree.

156629[/snapback]

I'm only arguing with you because your suggestion is that of a very biased nature. It would have practically NO benefit to those who chose not to pursue fighting and foolishly waste their PPs without thinking ahead. You don't seem to get MY argument.

It's pointless exchanging words with you. Potion makers might yield a slow profit, but manuers and crafters DO NOT. If manuers get one, it's TOO SMALL to be considered a 'fortune.' Besides, have you forgotten how much money manuers had to burn up in the beginning to get their level? For people like Crannog to get his manufacturing level when he lost a 25gc profit making leather pants shows determination and, even though with a lack of cash, he got by. Why does it seem like everybody responsible can accept change but not you?

however, there is NO need for personal attacks if you can't agree.  thanks.

Don't turn away the obvious facts. :) 'Many' players might have asked you, but a majority did not. You only want a huge benefit to yourself and other fighters. Your suggestion offers no aid to any other class of person. Pick your PPs WISELY or #reset.

Last note before I leave this thread (you're too spoiled): Your 'wealthiest' people are the harvesters and maybe potion makers, but surely not manuers and crafters. Goodbye Enyo and have fun sticking up for all the fighters out there (which are greatly outnumbered compared to any other skill class, except maybe manuers and crafters).

Edited by Daxon