Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kl4Uz

Wtf Happend To My Latency?

Hi there!

A few weeks ago I never had a ping higher than 100ms. The last few days and weeks my latency was always around ~300 ms which is high but I got used to it.

Well just 15 min. ago while playing the game I suddenly got disconnected. I tried to relogin for a few times and finally it worked. Now my ping is around ~2000ms, then it goes down to 150 for a second and the next second it's 8k!!!! Unplayable. I can't even view the players online page (same server)

This has nothing to do with MY connection. Since I can surf the www as fast as always, I already tried other online games and they work just fine.

I have a DSL connection with 768 / 128 Kbit/s capacity so my inet connection is just fine.

Regards,

kl4Uz

Edited by kl4Uz

Sometimes such things happen. I, for one, have not experienced any particular 'extra' lag the past few days.

Just in case, take the following steps:

Check your computer for malware such as spy-ware, torjans, viruses etc.

Try limiting your fps somewhat, this will free up CPU time for other activities and possibly make EL run smoother.

could someone add a wireless hardware to your computer with out you knowing ?

you know what that mean right ?????

Edited by jakoblin

Thanks for your replies, but I have an antivirus proggie with the latest virus information databases and there's no spyware on my comp.

I can run ANY game (including hardware hungry ones like Doom III or Half Life 2) just FINE, i have no lags when I play other online games, it's just Eternal Lands.

Two hours ago it seemed to work fine again (pings around ~70ms), now it's around 400ms...

Are you downloading, or anyone else on your network/connection using it heavily or downloading?

154785[/snapback]

lol freeone I'm not a inet kiddy...

I'm getting ~200 MS ping, which isn't as good as normal, but isn't exactly bad, either. So that makes it sorta your end still. ISP, maybe?

Edited by freeone3000

I have to admit i've been experiencing slight latency while playing. However, 9 times out of 10, its your network (or connection) that is causing the lag. Bad connetions, or routers along the route.

If you run a home network, make sure that the lag isnt caused by another node (or, computer).

there's been a few previous times when there's been serios slowdown... i've used tracert to check the times, and it goes as normal until the last stop, the EL server. sometimes i don't get a reply at all from there, but everything up to there is working as normal

so sometimes it is the EL server, or something very close to it

there's been a few previous times when there's been serios slowdown... i've used tracert to check the times, and it goes as normal until the last stop, the EL server. sometimes i don't get a reply at all from there, but everything up to there is working as normal

so sometimes it is the EL server, or something very close to it

155198[/snapback]

I agree, it seems as though the server lags with sending/receiving packets?

I dont know enough about it, however. Just seems to be a problem between the two, resyncs ARE a problem. I've played on a 512k connection, and a 756k connection, and there was no lag MY end, just seems that the EL packets are dodgy...somehow?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this