Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goatsgomoo

|337 H4xx0rz...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I found this on some other forums...

This is my translation from a german weblog. I tried to continue the misspelling of german words in the english translation:

The internet is full of people who say they are semi-professional 1337-Hax0rz. Until now we, the admins of stophiphop.de, thought real hackers were a myth like the weapons of mass destruction in Iraque. On the evening of April 4th something extraordinary happened in our irc-channel #stophiphop:

a real evil hip-hopper, annoyed by our objective homepage (which is against hip-hoppers and tells so in a very ironic manner), wanted to show us his hacking skillz.

after calling names for some time (without sparing mothers, fathers, pets and other family-members; quote "solche penner opfer satanisten wie euch punks fickt man bei uns jeden tag in der arsch" [such satanic bums like you punks are funked  in the ass everyday here]), he threatened to hack one of us. He threatened to hack my computer!

{name of the person who did not behave: bitchchecker (aka. dangerous haxxor); name of the person whose computer was going to be hacked: Elch}

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined

#stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> why do you kickk me

<bitchchecker> can't you diescuss normally

<bitchchecker> answer me

<Elch> we haven't kicked you

<Elch> you had a ping timeout: * bitchchecker

(~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

<bitchchecker> what ping, man

<bitchchecker> the timing of my pc is alright

<bitchchecker> i even got summertime

<bitchchecker> you banned me

<bitchchecker> admit it you son of a bitch

<HopperHunter|afk> LOL

<HopperHunter|afk> you are soo stupid, summertime^^

<bitchchecker> shut up, we GOT SUMMERTIME NOW!!

<bitchchecker> since two weeks

<bitchchecker> if you start your pc you get a message from windows that summertime is now active

<Elch> you sure know your computer

<bitchchecker> shut up, i'm going to hack you

<Elch> ok, i'm quite. i don't want you to show us how good you are in hacking ^^

<bitchchecker> tell me your network number then you are dead!

<Elch> ehm, the number is 129.0.0.1

<Elch> or was it 127.0.0.1

<Elch> yepp, this was it: 127.0.0.1 I'm waiting for the big hack-attack

<bitchchecker> in five minutes your harddisk is deleted

<Elch> I'm very frightened

<bitchchecker> shut up, you are gone soon

<bitchchecker> i got a program where i enter your number and you are dead

<bitchchecker> say good bye now

<Elch> to whom?

<bitchchecker> to yourself, man

<bitchchecker> buy buy

<Elch> I'm trembling before such a blatant Hack0r like you

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

Interlude

what happened: he entered his own ip (localhost) into his mighty hacking program

the attack on my pc was failed. i thought i was safe now but knowing a good hacker would never stop, bitchchecker came back 2 minutes later.

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined

#stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> yo, you are soo lucky my pc crashed, othewise you were gone right now

<Metanot> lol

<Elch> bitchchecker: try to hack me again... i still got the same  IP: 127.0.0.1

<bitchchecker> you are soo stupid, dude

<bitchchecker> say buy buy now

<bitchchecker> buy buy elch

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

Interlude

the situation was tense... would he finally hack my pc after two failed attempts? i waited. nothing happened. i was eased... six minutes later, before starting the next attack. being a hacker who normally would break into important computers, he now knew where he failed at.

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined

#stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> elch you son of a bitch

<Metanot> bitchchecker how old are you?

<Elch> what's up bitchchecker?

<bitchchecker> you got a  frie wal

<bitchchecker> fire wall

<Elch> may be, i don't know so much about pcs

<bitchchecker> i'm 26

<Metanot> with 26 such a mouth?

<Elch> what was the reason you now know I got a Firewall?

<Metanot> tststs zatt iz not verry gut my friend

<bitchchecker> because your gay fire wall sant my turn-off signal back to me

<bitchchecker> be a man, turn of that [censored]

<Elch> cool, didn't know that was possible.

<bitchchecker> thän my virus will destroy your pc, dude

<Metanot> are you hacking eachother now?

<Elch> yes, bitchchecker tries to hack me

<Metanot> yo bitchchecker, if you are a hacker you have to get around a firewall. even i can do that

<bitchchecker> yes, dude, i hack Elch, but that pisser got a fire wall

<Metanot> what firewall you got?

<bitchchecker> like a little girl

<Metanot> firewall is standard. as a hacker you have to get around... like a little girl ^^

<He> Bitch give yourself a  jackson and chill out. you let yourself get provocated and give those puperting girls new stuff

<bitchchecker> turn off your fire wall, then i send you a virus, you funker

<Elch> nope

<Metanot> yo bitchchecker, why turn off? you turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!

<bitchchecker> you are afraid

<bitchchecker> i do not want to hack if he is like girl behind fire wall

<bitchchecker> elch, turn off your fuking wall!

<bitchchecker> my granny surfs with fire wall

<bitchchecker> you guys are behaving soo cool and do not turn off your firewall when connecting to the internet

he calls me a girl and at max his grandma would use a firewall. ok, i know old people are smarter than younger but being called a chicken? to see how good he is i tell him i turned it off without actually doing so. i don't have a firewall, my router does...

<Elch> bitchchecker, a colleague just showed me how to turn off the firewall. try again

<Metanot> bitchhacker can't hack

<Black[TdV]> what a play of wordsl ^^

<bitchchecker> word, dude

<Elch> bitchchecker: i'm still waiting for your attack

<bitchchecker> dude, you want virus

<bitchchecker> tell me your ip and it will delete your harddisk

<Elch> 127.0.0.1

<Elch> really easy

<bitchchecker> lolololol you are stupid, dude. and gone soon

<bitchchecker> are the first files going to be deleted right now?

<Elch> mom...

<Elch> i'll look

in panic i start my windows explorer. my heart is beating fast. did i underestimate him?

<bitchchecker> you don't have to save. you can't make it in time, son of a bitch

<Elch> that's not good

<bitchchecker> elch, you moron. your harddrive g: is deleted

<Elch> well, can't do anything about it

<bitchchecker> and  in 20 seconds  f: is gone

true, drives g: and f: are gone. did i have those? doesn't matter, no time to think. i'm afraid but bitchchecker sweetens my pain with a music tipp.

<bitchchecker> tupac rules

<bitchchecker> elch, you soab, your f: is gone and e: too

nooo! not e: ! all my games and all the pictures....

<bitchchecker> and d: is at 45 percent you moron lolololol

<bitchchecker>  d: is gone

<He> keep on going BITCH

this guy is a pro. my cd-rom deleted.

meanwhile he gives security tipps how my problem had been solved in the first place.

<bitchchecker> elch, dude, you are so stupid. never give your ip in the internet

<bitchchecker> i'm already on c: 30 percent

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

too late... it was 20:22 when got the last message from our hacker "bitchchecker". since then he did not message again. last message was somekind of "ping timout", must be because of summertime...

supposed to have happened on

eu-IRC-Channel #stophiphop am 4.4.2005 (19.30-20.30 Uhr)

Edited by goatsgomoo

pity that more people don't know not to use hacker to mean that sort of thing... they're script kiddies... or the good ones, who attack commercial targets (and wouldn't bother with a personcal computer) are crackers.

hackers are the people who write code, the really good stuff.

for more info (and quite a few funny bits beside) read

Hacker Jargon Files

and in particular

Entry on crackers

and the links from that

share the knowledge :lol:

ROFL, dumbass!

ttlanil is right. Its a common mis-conception, and a obvious cause of Hollywood films like 'Hackers' (in the film, the characters are actually crackers) cause hackers (the good guys who explore and learn) to have a bad name.

That bitchchecker is a script-kiddie, and bad at it...

actually, i think it's more common journalism (television, mostly) that causes the problem... plus the fact that script kiddies call themselves hackers because they dream of such ability (but not the maturity that it requires, ironic, no?) to all the people that they (try to) attack. problem is, the programs they use are usually written by people who actually do have some clue

actually, i think it's more common journalism (television, mostly) that causes the problem... plus the fact that script kiddies call themselves hackers because they dream of such ability (but not the maturity that it requires, ironic, no?) to all the people that they (try to) attack. problem is, the programs they use are usually written by people who actually do have some clue

154972[/snapback]

Exactly, I was just giving films as one medium that is causing this misconception. The media in general are to blame for this misrepresentation (now im getting deep).

BURN THEM!!! B);)

And of course, script-kiddies are an addition to misrepresentation, flame-induced, hate-mongering hacker attack! :)

:D

oh yeah... anyway, quick guide to tell if they're a hacker... if they go announcing it, they're probably not. if they threaten you, they're probably not. if they want to break into a personal computer(footnote) they're probably not

some hackers are interested in security, either attack or defence... many of those interested in attack will try to attack their own systems, to find things... that's how projects release updates covering security holes that have no known exploit, people stress testing and searching the source

the other ones will only be interested in more ethical purposes (such as hiring out as a network defence tester, pay me to find the problems and fix them before some nut on the net finds them!) or attack large targets, usually with a reason they can claim is ethical (such as attacking microsoft, because of the stuff MS does... but most hackers know this doesn't make fighting back right)

and of couse the ones into defence do similar things

the opinion of most hackers on the issue of attacking other peoples' computers is basically that there's plenty they can do on their own computer, why would they need to waste time breaking into someone elses? ;)

Oh my gosh...that was hilarouse and that guy was so stupid....

"I have a program where I enter your IP and it deletes your drive" or somethign liek this...oh yeah...that's realy cool...you got a program.

My Ip is 127.0.0.1 (dont' totaly remember what it was...)

Well, after he said that and the so called "hacker" thought he coudl enter that IP I was thinking how stupid his person realy is. That is the LAN IP, not the WAN IP...a Class B network IP address to be excact ...I think (I just remember that 192.168.*.* is a class C network...I forgot class A and B...oh well...).

Stupid wannabe script kiddies, script kiddies, and people who act liek they know things when they dont' :)

EDIT: because i'm bored and dont' have anything to do before my band concert just thought I would mention a few things.

You have a WAN (Wide area network) and LAN (Local Area Network) IP. The world sees your WAN IP while the computers in your network see your LAN IP...so...

INTERNET

---Router (this could go below your network..but oh well...the router usualy would have an IP like 192.168.0.1 on your network but that isen't always...you can always change it ;))

-----YOUR NETWORK (387.282.292..just some random numbers for a IP I used)

------------Computer one (192.168.0.101)

------------Computer two (192.168.0.102)

------------Computer Three(192.168.0.103

OH well, there is my stupid explantion of a network....and now i have to go get dressed for band...lol..see ya

EDIT: Just thought of something...I guess i shoudlen't ahve put him down that much...because you can find out whatever anyone's IP is in IRC but as for finding someone's network IP...it's a little more dificult, so if this so called program had to have a target computer in the network it makes sense...but oh well...diden't think about that...obulusly he probaly wasen't even taking that into consideration thou by looking at how he said things... :P

Edited by chatterbug89

nice "IP" adress :P

159799[/snapback]

Heh maybe he is using IPv6

Heh maybe he is using IPv6

159804[/snapback]

IPv6 looks like, for example, ff:e3:9c::aa:44 ... no periods seperating, 6 parts (repeated means you can skip it and just put in the colon), in hex

Actually 127.0.0.1 is the loopback interface address. The loopback interface is a vritual device. The basic idea is it makes no sense to send packets out over your real interface when you only want to communicate between two programs running on your local system.

WAN and LAN addresses would traditionally be identical. More recently though most firewalls have something called NAT "Network Address Translation". With NAT your address is different on the LAN from what it is on the other side of the firewall. NAT has two purposes. One, added security as people don't see your real IP. (Which is generally a private non routable address such as 192.168.x.x) and you can have many computers using only one IP.