Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gilthanas

Constellations

can you make it where you can look in to the stars to see if you will have good luck in the game? (about 90% of my "luck" is bad) <_<

Edited by gilthanas

Too bad your character can't even look up.

Any mirrors in the game?

It could be great idea to add a star influence in EL, it would make the world of EL more interesting and would open several ways of developing the character creating system, like it's made in, eg. Elder Scrolls Series.

I played a single player rpg where there were a ton of junk items that combined into stones that taught spells. Apparently combining these when there was a red moon, I think the compass went red or something, gave you the chance to make a morphing stone... I never did get one...

Maybe there could be a certain reflection that we could look out for to symbolise a good night to attempt to make a ring of power or modable weapon. This would make people wish they could look up.

Maybe there could be a certain reflection that we could look out for to symbolise a good night to attempt to make a ring of power or modable weapon.  This would make people wish they could look up.

155849[/snapback]

Another great idea, it shouldn't be problem to implement "moon-compass". How could it work? For some actions could be bonus to succes rate, or to get sepecial item (implementing it could be problem).

Example, harvesting in special moon stage, (damn I don't know English name for each period of moon-month), harvester could have better chance to get rostogol stone (or serp one) or getting bonus xp. In other alchemers could get doubled chance of getting enriched essences.

Periods like that shouldn't be to often, cos it would make artificial perk sensless and would be unfair to ppl who had taken it, but once a EL month (or each two) would be ok.

It could be mixed also with star constelation system, i mean some ppl would have more "luck" if they star is in certain position with moon.

Astrology is really wonderful and great area to make EL world rich and interesting (i mean richer and more interesting)

I would love to move the camera more freely.

Imho it's not really problem to code that. The problem is the crappy mapformat. Not all objects are placed straight on the ground, otherwise they would flicker. In most cases you wouldn't even notice that, but I'm sure some maps would need to be improved before free camera movement is implented.

Imho it's not really problem to code that. The problem is the crappy mapformat. Not all objects are placed straight on the ground, otherwise they would flicker. In most cases you wouldn't even notice that, but I'm sure some maps would need to be improved before free camera movement is implented.

155900[/snapback]

The problem is something different, please have a look at my post in the client wishlist. It was about large zoom, but the same rules apply here.

The problem is something different, please have a look at my post in the client wishlist. It was about large zoom, but the same rules apply here.

155935[/snapback]

What about a level-of-detail system? And btw. I can't believe rendering the whole stuff is really problem for modern Hardware. I used to play EQ2 (a commercial game I know) which has incredible graphics (check yourself: http://eq2.gamona.de/artikel.php?ID=62) and they can manage that too.

Btw. I think it's very strange that I can play Half-Life 2 on highest gfx options with AA 4x enabled and have better fps than in EL...

[dots dots dots] but I'm sure some maps would need to be improved before free camera movement is implented.

155900[/snapback]

The problem is something differ[dots dots dots] n the client wishlist[/url]. It was about large zoom, but the same rules apply here.

155935[/snapback]

What abou[.......] phics (check yourself: http://eq2.gamona.de/artikel.php?ID=62) and they can manage that too.

Btw. I think it's very strange that I can play Half-Life 2 on highest gfx options with AA 4x enabled and have better fps than in EL...

155957[/snapback]

Erm:O, are we still talking about role of moon, stars and astrology in whole or just topic changed very fluently to something quite opposit?

;):P:):blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: