Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakoblin

cousin wedding = ewww

cousin is alot beter than sister X_x still allitle wierd

Even worse is pet x.x I heard on the radio (maybe not the best source) that this one guy was caught by his wife while he was "doing" his dog, and then he left his wife and lived with his dog :)

If it was something like 2nd or 3rd cousins, then I'd understand. But direct cousins? Oye.

I've been wondering this for the longest time and I'm hoping someone will finally Answer this for me:

Just What is so sick about it, Aye? WHAT? Every time someone is introduced to something to "Outlandish" such as this, the first impression they get is SICK or Disgusting but I really don't think a single one can give a very good reason Why is it so sick?

I mean, Is it the thought of Having Sex with someone so close? Because there was a time where you'd be lucky to find someone outside of your family to Marry! It use to be that for someone to find a Mate outside of the family, one would need to cross hundreds of miles. Hell, I bet if we all look far enough back, we each find at least one case of Marriage between cousins in our own Family Trees!

Or is it the threat of them inbreeding? Well if that's the case, what if they really don't have any intention of having Children? No harm, no Foul! even if it turns out they do choose to have a child, there are ways around that too. Adoption and such. You know, there's a reason why Humans are considered the only Animals on the planet that are capable of consciously controlling the Rate of our reproduction! If Inbreeding is so much of a concern for them, they'll deal with it on their own. We don't have the right to make that choice for them.

Or Maybe you’re reasoning is it something a little too Close to home? Maybe a few of you out there have that one Hot Cousin that you've been fantasying about lately. A Forbidden Love that you've always told yourself that there was no hope in it but this is opening a door for you and it's scares you!! :lol: Luckily, I'm fortunate enough to have totally hideous cousins so I've never had to be put into that position. Of course, that's a mixed blessing as it proves Ugliness is Genetic and I didn't escape the gene.

Shoot, There's nothing wrong with this; Any of it! In a perfect world, humans marry outside of their family, not because it's "Right" or "Natural" but because it's "Preferable!" The idea is to at least TRY to keep the Gene Pool Fresh and Varied but it's not a Rule of Nature that's Set in Stone! Sometimes, Nature makes exceptions and surely it has flexibility to do so. Maybe we should learn to be a little flexible too! Surely, the Whole Human race won't Collapse overnight if these two Lovebirds marry.

Besides, Marriage isn't all about the Sex you know! Love is Love and no one has the right to judge it where they themselves are not involved! Love cannot be dictated to us by another; Regardless of Race, Religion, Gender, or even Bloodlines! Sure, it can get a little "weird" at times (several Years ago, a woman Legally Married a Rock!) but as soon as we accept that it neither Affects us nor Concerns us, It gets easier to learn to understand and accept them.

Kami, you don't believe that shacking up with an aunt or cousin is sick. That's your opinion. It's a very gross one at that. ;)

Kami, you don't believe that shacking up with an aunt or cousin is sick. That's your opinion. It's a very gross one at that. :(

And That's your Opinion. Not a very good one at that!

Let it go on the record that Kami believes there is nothing wrong with incest. :(

Edited by Daxon

I think the only problem with cousin-cousin marriages is the increased risk of birth defects. But, if they are truly in love, I can't see any fundamental reason that they shouldn't get married. There is a high chance that their kids will be fine. And if their kids are not fine, it doesn't mean it's necesarily "their fault", nor that their kids are any less valuable than those of non-related married couples. So, I wouldn't necessarily encourage it, but I won't completely condemn it either, unless I discover a reason that I should change my opinion.

Brothers and sisters? Umm, no, that really is too close for my tastes...;)

I hardly know my cousins, so if I were to marry one of them, I could see why it would not feel weird (not that I am, lol). Well, I would probably still think it was weird, but that's just me lol.

Let it go on the record that Kami believes there is nothing wrong with incest.   :(

Well, I'd like to think of myself as too "Enlightened" to allow myself to have what I see as absurd Prejudges that have no real merit or are formed by an outside observer’s Bias rather then true thought.

Also, there are several “Levels†of Incest, Daxon. And for each Level comes different concerns and should each be treated on case-by-case basis. I personally think that relationships within one’s own Immediate Family are nowhere appropriate nor Healthy but I will refrain from Passing Judgment on anyone who chooses it to be an acceptable Lifestyle. Rather instead, I choose not to think of it at all! :(

But It is my belief that cousins (even First Cousins) are well within acceptable Limits of a Healthy Sexual Relationship. The only thing that stumps me is how can you not? Genetically Speaking, I see little Risk of excessive Inbreeding, so long as this is not a Common occurrence within their family and they don’t plan on committing their Family to this practice.

So yeah. As to this particular Level of Incest, I have nothing against these two particular cousins from having whatever relationship they darn well choose! And I take no offence from your Implication that I'd some sort of Pervert so please restrain your comments to the Peanut Gallery!

Edited by Kami

To each his own.

152956[/snapback]

Indeed.

If you don't like this sort of stuff, noones forcing you to watch/listen/read to the TV/radio/newspaper...

I believe royalty used to do this way back in the day, they also had 3 nipples

152731[/snapback]

The Romanovs and the Habsburgs... It ended up bad for then, it did.

The Romanovs and the Habsburgs... It ended up bad for then, it did.

152995[/snapback]

Same for the Hohenzollern (Prussian/German) and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Queen Victoria's line, now the Windsors of England) houses... and about every other European ruling house, though it didn't end too badly for the Windsor line.