Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scafativ

Simple Map Editor Suggestions

I've just started using the Map Editor, and I am very impressed with its functionaliy and stability! It is much better that I supposed a utility for a beta product to be.

Reposting from "suggestions"

Two suggestions:

1) I would love to be able to query objects- that is, discover its stats (such as rotation, elevation, etc) without picking it up. Maybe add another mode in the top nav, and then you can click on entities and read stats all you want. This would be very helpful in diagnosing flashing issues, for instance, as well as determining the name of objects on game maps (which you can't find in the directories!)

2) I am constantly picking up the wrong thing- blame a lack of fine motor control skills. It's frustrating to disturb an item that was perfect. It would be great to have a way, once you pick up an object, to say- Nevermind... This could be accomplished, perhaps, by hitting the spacebar. That would cause the object to snap back to it's original location. This isn't really an undo, which would resort back even if you put the item down already.

If I'm not understanding existing features that deal with these issues- please comment.

scafativ (newfound mapaholic)

P.S. I code- (in lots of things, but C too, which I think you're based on). I'm willing to work on these features...

it'd be great if it asked if you'd want to save before quitting.

it's happent to me a few times, lol

lucky there's an auto save feature :)

Is there something wrong with me, or is this in the Visual Art forum? :)

1. Is already done, press ctrl+e, then alt+click the object

2. That would be really really cool..since you code, maybe you can do it :)