Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Monsters & Weapons & Armor!

I'd like to see a killer mole.

>> When you are sitting to harvest some lilacs, suddenly a mole come up out of the ground and attacks you !!!!

I was thinking gloves that you craft...you could fix wolf/puma/any-animal-that-has-claws claws in them and you could use as a weapon. plus it could help harvest sulfur faster because the claws would scrape it out of the deposits :P waddya think? you know, im probably gonna post this in suggestions... better place for it :D

I don't know if it was sugested before:

I want to see more types of armor, not in texture, but in model (let's get serious, tit/steel plate is just iron with fancy texture apart from the shields). A few suggestions (took pics from different sites/games for examples):

Shoulderplates:

Spiked ones: http://mpg.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/...hlaaluguard.jpg

With neck protection: http://pages.videotron.com/endrick/warcraft%20III.gif

Helmets:

Full helmets: http://www.goldcoastfestivals.com/images/o...0in%20armor.jpg

Greek-like helmets: http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Conten...89cab7Large.jpg

Shields:

Kite shields: http://www.a2armory.com/images/med-shields...ldic-shield.jpg

Spiked shields: http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/turk/TopkapiShieldSpike.JPG

Tower shields: http://www.prometheus-imports.com/iotIR80701roman_shield.jpg

I think you got my ideea ... and hope you will take into consideration my request, it would surely add more spice to the game. Thank you.

Like many people I am looking forward to seeing new weapons and equipment. I had a number of ideas but most of them are covered above.

One thing to consider:

Left-Handed Weapons.

The shield was commonly used in the early middle ages but as the middle ages wore on more advanced fighting techniques came into play that made shields obsolete. Two-handed weapons such as pikes and halberds became much more common, but for the swordsman the alternative to the shield became the left-hand dagger.

The blocking dagger, or "main-gauche," became an important part of the swordsman's repertoire, and against other swordsmen the main-gauche allowed a much greater ability to riposte after a successful parry.

In game terms this would mean a slightly lesser defense bonus than shields, but an increase to accuracy rather than a penalty and possibly a small addition to the damage done by the primary weapon. However, the main-gauche would provide no protection from missiles at all (not sure how missile weapons are going to work but I think the shields' defense ability against arrows and such should be higher - that was the main purpose of shields).

I would like to see such a weapon in the game and I think it would make an attractive alternative to shields. However, because of the complexity of using two weapons at once, a book ought to be required to use this style of fighting.

Hap_Loder

Thats some great info! i hope they take your suggestions!

I have lot of ideas.

1.monsters and animals

Thief-It should be bit a stronger rabbit, but still weak.And they should live in villages and towns. They dont attack players but they steal their money,

if u kill thief then u will get jour money back and if some one else he will get that money. should be living in all zones

Bandit-Bandit is much stonger than thief, but they attack pleyers, but not everyone only those whose overall is over 20. live near roads and all zones

Barbarian-Stronger than bandit.Attack players who have overal more than 40

live in all zones and near roads

Pets would be nice thing and players can buy then from pet shop an every player can have one pet with him\her. Pets could be trained

Cat-cheap(500gold) pet can kill rat and if u give cat lot of food it will get strong to kill rabbit

Dog-not so cheap as cat (1000gold) but dog can kill snake, fox , rabbit, rat

and if u have trained it it could kill deer and attac or kill other players and thief

Horse- most expensive pet (3000gold) but u can ride on horse and riding with horse is 2xfaster than on foot

if u dont use your bet u can put them in to some animal store

2.Weapons there where few guns in middle ages and this game dosent need guns it is better without guns

NEW skill Ranged, can use ranges weapons, such as:

rock- weakest throwing weapon good range

knife-better than rock but less range can be used as melee weapon

iron throwing axe -can be used as melee weapon less range than spear but more damage

steel throwing axe-stronger than iron t axe

tit t axe -strongest throwing weapon

3.melee weapons

tit 2 handed sword- stronget weapon in game but it has low rate of hitting

So thats all and sorry for my bad english

theif: they live in villages but if no one attacks them they will wandr around and end up in forests where some poor player will have accidently gone afk with a few k in their inv, thief comes up, robs player, player's afk, comes back to find his money dissapeared :D

bandit: basically the same...except attacking players over OA 20, if they attack you in pk maps i suppose it'd be quìte cool but if they attack in non pk maps there's a lott newbies who have over oa 20 from harvesting and VERY low a/d

Barbarian: same as bandit, if they attack you in non pk maps you're gonna end up getting slowly killed afk by the little buggers

Pets: ugh, basically everyone would own a cat, actually 100's of people would be going around on horses that are dirt cheap(well 3k) for double speed!500 players online...going around with 500 pets.....double lag ;)

rock: this is wierd to say but i just don't think this would really fit into game, just the look of players throwing one......

knife: throwing AND melee? sounds like a pretty good weapon in battle! too good :mace::D .........LOL sorry i'm in a grumpy mood today...continueing:

throwing axes: manufacturable? wood handle, bars, fe's? a few 100 gc, pretty epensive for throwing it only once, unless you're able to throw them a few times each.....

titanium 2 handed sword: this wouldn't be bad if it was held like normal sword, 1 handed outside battle, when you attack you go 2 handed, obviously you can't use a shield with this, and 2 handed swords are called claymores, titanium claymore

the other things are......acceptable.... at best ;):P LOL

thanks for reading one of the most negative replies in EL forum history :)

This may have been addressed and I have not seen it, but I would like to see more NPC's. Especially on c2 and some of the more deserted places. I would like to see maybe more merchants, guards walking around ws city, dwarves at work in votd, mages in the magic school and people in the towns. The NPC's would not have to say much, heck some could be down right rude, like a dwarf mining or blacksmithing. Some of the towns folk could send people on a wild goose chase or maybe tell people wild stories that mean nothing. I am thinking just some people to interact with.

As far as monsters go, how about some human/elf/dwarf/etc. bandits. I would like to see them weaker than a gob maybe killable at level 15 or 20 a/d unarmed. A monster that lower level players can kill. Killing animals gets old

Edit is to say I did not read anyone elses post till after the fact. my bad!

Edited by master jeweler

Can we do rock armor?! Like a shield made of rock which would weigh a TON but good protection, as you can mine rock, and mold it together with some Iron and you got a cool looking shield

I will try to get a picture

Well, you realise a normal warrior (for example) couldn't possibly raise such a shied with just an arm. It would take some kind of superman.

Edit: Or the rock layer woud be thin and give you + to armor and - to evasion and defence ... can't think of another possibility.

Edited by DeathGuard