Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WiLdCaRd

Illegal Procedures and crashes

Hiya thought I`d PM you and give you this info, the game has crashed 4 times this morning for me, illegal procedures, and everytime its crashed, I have to reboot my PC before I can get back into the game. It happened everytime as I was using the boat from Lakeside to Desert Pines, I was helping Crannog sell some stuff to Trik and then it started crashing as I was going back n forth. Damn annoying!! And I know its not your fault just saying, I dont mind rebooting once, maybe even twice, but 4 times in an hour does take the p*** some what Anyway, dont know if the info will help you at all, but after the 4th crash, I thought i`d pass the info on to you and see if you can come up with anything. I`ll be ingame for awhile if you need any other info, just PM me, thats if I dont crash again!! If it does I`m gonna call it a day for today, but I will check forums later.

Thanx for your time :blink:

:D Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

Error: Can't open file ./particles/moon_bubbles1.part

Error: Unable to add command 20 - 226

Error: Unable to add command 20 - 226

Error: Unable to add command 26 - 226

There ya go, wot in the hell are moon bubbles???? Hope that helps B)

:huh: I`m using the EL client, I downloaded the game, and I`ve not done anything to it, i`ve not taken anything away, nor have I added anything to it. I wouldn`t even know where to get another client from :P Besides with all the illegal ones around, I`ll stick to EL`s one, that way I know I wont get into trouble!! :)

;) Just had a thought (shocking I know) I did have some of Freds maps, would that make any difference :blink:

Edited by WiLdCaRd

My bad, I thought the information on which particle system to load was in the client source, but that information is of course stored in the map. I have no clue what the moon_bubbles are, and I don't have them either :) Fred's maps don't make any difference, but the "Unable to add command" messages tell you that the client has completely different ideas on it's actors than the server.

I'm sorry I have no solution for you, I don't know what happens, or why, except perhaps severe lag. (but than it should resync, not keep outdated information).

Try redownloading the game. The moon_bubbles was in one of the pre-releases - I believe that the Tarsengaard maps particle names were corrected?.

The Unable to add command happens when you're lagging behind the server.

B) OK, I uninstalled the game, deleted it.......then redownloaded it so I have brand new up to date version, but I`m still getting "EL has performed an illegal procedure and will be closed down" and same as before, I have to reboot to get back into the game, it crashed 3 or 4 times in an hour last night!! <_< I looked at the error log, and its still going on about Moon Bubbles!! Please someone tell me what the heck thats all about, and please tell me how I can fix the problem, if I have to keep rebooting my PC every 5mins, I`ll have to stop playing the game, and I really dont want to do that :angry: Any help or suggestions would be great, thankyou. :P

Could anyone give him an updated client that he can try? Remember to include the actor_defs files etc...

Btw, remember to remove all spyware etc. from your computer and try keeping it up to date...

Edited by Wytter

Could anyone give him an updated client that he can try? Remember to include the actor_defs files etc...

Btw, remember to remove all spyware etc. from your computer and try keeping it up to date...

*pokes CrusadingKnight* :P

<_< Spyware program I use is kept up to date,and I have NO spyware on my PC at all....this PC is CLEAN!! :D Wheres a Knight in shining armour when ya need one then?? :P

Ok, I'll post the most recent client somewhere, and maybe arrange a stable branch... only problem is, could we possibly start mirroring linux and windows nightly builds on berlios? My poor site doesn't have much bandwidth...

OK, posted. To keep bandwidth down, I had to use the best compression (ratio) program in existence : 7-Zip.

7-Zip Download for Windows

7-Zip Download Page (Other)

Anyway, that done, here's the address to download the archive for windows:

http://rootshell.be/~bremac/el-unstable.7z

EDIT: Uh, it's uploaded now. :ph34r:

Edited by crusadingknight

Hi all, I hate to ressurect this old thread, but I was looking through my error log and found an error with moon bubbles in it, so I searched and found this (and another old thread.)

Log started at 2007-12-02 06:34:34 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[07:33:50] error: Can't open file "./particles/moon_bubbles1.part"

This is from the newest client (that I'm aware of...) and I didn't compile it myself, just downloaded from the links in the forums when it was released...

It seemed to happen when I started fighting (an ogre in the area below whitestone...) I've also seen it before in other error logs, this is just the most recent.

Is it possible an old bug has gotten back into the code? When this bug happens my machine either crashes, or gets some ugly lag and skipping for a minute or two.

This is a clean install (wiped entirely from my pc before installing) no "illeagal" maps or anything like that. I have all up to date drivers, system is clean of viruses and adware.

EDIT specs:

Specs: windows vista, nvidia 8500GT, realtek AC97 high defintion sound, 2.5gig of ram, dual core amd processor, etc...

If you need more information on this, or want the entire log file (quite full of other stuff, heh...) please just let me know.

Edited by DogBreath

The fighting crash is related to the sound, not to the bubbles.

We are aware of that bug (or at least we think we are, it could be another one very similar), and we'll release a new, fixed client in the next month or so.