Eternal Lands Official Forums

;) Tankels breaks too many items, or like everything in the game seems dice roll gets stuck. 60/40 chance to fix/break an item but many ppl can recall breaking 4 or more items in a row. Maybe having a better ratio in favor of fixing would make repairing items worth trying.

Everyone is complaining about 'the fall of the economy'. If tankel destroys players items, they will go buy a new one. If this doesnt happen there will be more and more and more items ingame, making their prices lower. So please let Tankel drink while working :P

PS: No i am not a manufactuer, and yes i do hate Tankel every time he messes up

Dont repair your item 1by1..just colect 3+ degraded things and try to fix them all at ones.. then u wil have more chance that he wil fixz0r :]

Dont repair your item 1by1..just colect 3+ degraded things and try to fix them all at ones.. then u wil have more chance that he wil fixz0r :]

nah chance is the same :P

an dont "repair" tankels failure rate, it is ok the way it is.

Collecting items means walking around with them all the time, so it might not be such a good idea.

obionek is right, the expected repair rate is the same if you repair a lot of items at once, but the standard deviation in repair rate is less. That is, you're less likely to lose all the items or successfully repair all the items and more likely to come closer to the expected rate if you do many repairs at once.

Edited by chintan

obionek is right, the expected repair rate is the same if you repair a lot of items at once, but the standard deviation in repair rate is less. That is, you're less likely to lose all the items or successfully repair all the items and more likely to come closer to the expected rate if you do many repairs at once.

Huh? I don't understand that, why do you think the standrad deviation goes down when you repair more items at once? I can see no logical explanation for that.

One way to improve the economy is to get more people playing. I'd suggest that destroying expensive items on a regular basis (While in addition charging gold for the privilige of this experience and giving no refunds upon failure) is not the best way to build the community, and thus improve the economy.

At least some of the efforts to balance the economy in EL seem heavy handed and arbitrary to me. This is one of them. You saved the guys daughter, why would he charge you for a service he fails at regularly and not at least refund your money?

It seems to me that the way to solve a lot of the economic problems is to significantly increase both the time that items take and the number of exps you get from them. If you are going to increase the time then I'd make manu more like reading books. IE, you can do other things while you are making something. So that Plate armor might take 24 hours to make and give out a ton of exps. This keeps the number of items way down and allows people to advance at a reasonable rate.

Edited by Ruln

One alternative to Tankel's current setup would be:

Tankel doesn't charge a fee (or only charges a nominal one) but requires raw ingredients to perform the repair. I was thinking he could require half of the original ingredients (rounded up). Examples:

to repair Iron Greaves: 1 leather piece, 1 thread, 2 iron bars, and 1 EFE

to repair Iron Plate Armor: 3 leather pieces, 15 iron bars, 3 thread, 15 fire essences, 1 EFE.

to repair Titanium Long sword: 4 steel bars, 4 titanium bars, 3 fire essence, 1 EFE

to repair Serpent Sword: 1 steel bar, 6 titanium bars, 3 fire ess, 1 EFE, 1 serp stone

to repair Titanium Chain: 2 leather, 7 titanium bars, 3 thread, 5 fire ess, 1 EFE

(or whatever half the formula calls for).

This way, a repair trip would be a mini-quest in itself to gather the required materials. The chance of failure could remain the same unless some game balancing is desired here.

Edited by Puntif

I dont think thats a good idea. Resources are infinite; technically, GC isnt, which is the focus here: Taking money out of the game.

I dont think thats a good idea. Resources are infinite; technically, GC isnt, which is the focus here: Taking money out of the game.

How is money not infinite if resources are?

How is money not infinite if resources are?

It takes more time to make money than gather resources. Therefore; technically finite.

I like Rend's idea... An npc that will more likely succede, and he charges more. Since Tankel is meantas a gold sink, another npc doing the same thing but for more money would be a better gold sink.

Well, if you think about it, the loss of an item is also a gold sink. I mean, if you buy Iron Cuisses for 10,000. They become damaged. You try to repair (don't know what Tankel's going rate is). He fails (i.e. you lose the item). Now you have to buy another pair. Boom - a 10,000gc Gold Sink.

Edited by Kit

I like Rend's idea...  An npc that will more likely succede, and he charges more.  Since Tankel is meantas a gold sink, another npc doing the same thing but for more money would be a better gold sink.

Paying 2x more for 2x higher succes rate mean that you will pay less for new items, so Tankel will drain money from manuers since they will be unable to sell their products...

I think we should lower his succes rate but like with other skills he could just fail or fail and destroy items... this way repairing items will cost more but it wont effect manuers so much :).