Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New rule about bagsitting/mules

:ph34r: Quick note to Swiss and others, I think there might be a misunderstanding:

B) I paid for a regular store bot, so she doesn't get the bonus of 500/500. She also doesn't haul anything. Her name is ELMarket. She sits in Mynadar near a veggie patch, and buys and resells things. The guild storage/mule is VulF, (named after the guild), and while he does have neg perks spent, he has no bot functionality nor has he ever had any. I agree, having a bot do hauling for the guild would be cheating. Which is why I don't do that. Every step VulF has taken has been controlled by myself or the guildmaster, Melodee.

:P So... We're not taking a 500/500 p/c bot and using it to haul stuff to storage. That would be cheating, I think.

EDIT: I think I should also note that part of my problem is in the unclear wording of the intention of this rule. It leaves many holes open, and I could post at least a half dozen incidents where moderators were so damned trigger happy with their mod powers against players who should have been taken care of differently, myself included. I wanna nip this issue in the bud before some trigger happy mod, (naming no names here), decides to lock our guild storage because they interpret the rules differently than I do. It's either post my concerns here, or we get mods who just interpret as they see fit and start abusing players.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

This is an MMORPG, as opposed to a single player game. It's purpose is to make players interact with OTHER players, not with themselves.

If you want to help your guild, then have some guild member do the running, don;t multiplay. Multiplaying is frowned upon in most of the MMORPGs that I know. If you can find other free MMORPG with more flexible rules than EL, then please, go play it.

As for bots, they are supposed to be STATIONARY. Some exceptions are that bots can go to a storage and come back to their location, but their purpose is NOT to be used as a mule to carry the stuff from the mines back and forth.

Ok there seems to be some misinterpretations about this rule.

This rule is only for obvious cheaters.

This rule does not apply to family members or friends who trade or help each other out from the same IP.

This rule does not apply to players who have two characters, both of which are leveled up quite a bit in their skills(as in, they do not have all their pick points in physique/coordination, and do not only have harvesting leveled up...iow, it's obvious that they've put a lot of work into their character).

This rule DOES apply to dead obvious cheaters, who make characters SOLELY based on the intent of muling or helping themselves out in ways which would be considered cheating.

This rule is not going to be something where we go hunting people down. We don't have the manpower or the time to do that-otherwise we would have stuck with the original way things were, which was to keep an eye on everyone trading from the same IP and such. No, we're not going to do that. What we will do, is if we see some character names such as "I_AM_A_MULE" or "BAGSITTER" (iow, very obvious cheating type names), or if we see very obvious cheating behavior that has a lot of evidence in the favor of cheating, is then warn and punish that player.

This is a very relaxed rule, just to cut down on it a little. It won't help much, but it will help some, because at least we can take care of the obvious cheaters. There will always be cheaters, we realize that, and we realize there's nothing we can do about it fully. So, for the little we can do, we will do. Hope that clears things up.