Eternal Lands Official Forums
frak

announcing elm2blend

its based on the e3d file importer i wrote some time ago. You could make videos and rendered still images with this. interested? :)

elm2blend.jpg

------------------------

-EF- pawns y00 all!!

------------------------

the importer is hardly working! only 3d objects atm and the rotation is wrong. (as u can see in the screenshot)

the elm format stores degrees i guess?!? cause glRotatef takes degrees? blender takes radians or euler rotation. any suggestion? (gotta love math to make games :( )

about exporting...

to be able to export a complete map from blender i have to represent all map data in a blender scene somehow. U would have to be some blender guru to build a scene that a script could export correctly to elm.

even importin elm for editing is hard...

importing the floor should be no problem. lights should be doable too. but how should i represent the heights in blender? also, blender is not really easy to use compared to mapeditor. i think the mapeditor of el does its job better than blender could.

importing 3dobjects and the tilemap works correct now. its still a little buggy though.

it takes textures for 3dobjects from ./bmp so copy all bmp files from the objects folders there. bmps for tilemap are loaded from ./tiles

requirements:

Blender 236

python

just copy http://www.mhome.de/EL_map_import.py in your blender scripts folder and update the script menus (restart blender?). then its available from the import menu as ELmap

importing the 2dobjects is next.

Ok finally got around to testing this :(

It works well, except one thing I noticed: the water tiles are on the same plane as teh ground tiles.

I'm not having too much luck with it. I always get...

loading /home/nintenduh/el120/maps/cave1.elm...
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 397, in my_callback
 File "<string>", line 325, in load_map
 File "<string>", line 188, in load_e3d
AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute 'Load'

no matter which map i use. I looked at those lines but I cant make sense of what is going wrong. :omg: Any suggestions?

[edit]I'm using 2.40... Could that be it?[/edit]

Edited by Nintenduh

requirements:

Blender 236

python

[edit]I'm using 2.40... Could that be it?[/edit]

Try a lesser version and see if it works.

This was made before the transision to CAL for the model format so i think the model format and the map format have changed quite a bit.

We only used Cal3D for actor animation; skeletal animation has very little to offer in the way of static models. Still, I'm fairly certain the map format has stayed close to the same.