Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest longshot

The price of dying

Guest longshot

This is a very cool game so far (2 days and counting)

HOWEVER how about when you die you keep your armor/weapons etc and only lose things from the inventory?

case in point- i was harvesting flowers to get a start up fund.Having just started i only had my newbie bunny killing equipment.Suddenly out pops a goblin from behind a bush and wack im in the underworld minus my hard earned 100 odd gp,leather armour and half my inventory... Grrrr :)

I dont fancy picking lilacs like some sort of mad flower enthusiast every time i get killed just to get enough protection to save me from homicidal bunny rabbits,beavers and possibly moths or butterflys with a grudge :D

You should put your stuff on the storage. And if you play a bit longer you will see that your idea is a very bad one.

Guest nooc

Personallym I think players stuff thould be more protected.

I find this dead bag business to lessen the fun in the game.

Maybe a time delay before bag parasites can jump a bag or something,

so atleast you have a chance of getting stuff back...

or have players drop stuff only on pk maps.

or only drop stackable items

etc

but then, maybe this game is full of bag perverts anyway.

The good old Portland goblin is back. So my guess is - Portland

Oh I forgot about that one...I remember harvesting cactus and someone came screeming THE GOB...RUN

The good old days...

great, the noobs join together to post suggestions on how to make their lazy butts lives easier

losing items is part of the game, and its so easy to avoid if you just use common sense <_<

Guest longshot

er excuse me im NOT lazy fyi .no need to be so smug and abusive :angry: .I have played PSO right from launch and the worst that happened was you lost your cash and dropped your weapon,but even that got changed.Also i have played rpgs such as baldurs gate and tales of the sword coast,icewind dale,diablo and more than i care to mention going right back to the SNES and megadrive and just for clarification i have NEVER been punished by losing all my money and half my items for the unspeakable crime of `death to all flower picking elves` by some over zealous nature loving male goblin.I mean when did you ever see a rabbit or beaver that could sustain more than one good whack with a sword AND damage someone wearing leather armour.I mean theres weak new characters,but this game takes that to a whole new level.sheesh :D

anyhoo I was near the village just by whitestone port so i had hardly gone into the uncharted wilderness miles from Isla Prima :P

o yeah and btw herny - like grow up

o, now he's moved onto the "omg why isnt EL more like ____ just because i really like it?!?!" wonderful.

you die=you lose things

you dont die=you keep those things

not the hardest concept <_<

Actually, this drop system is no different from when I played Redmoon, 'cept we also lost experience on death there as well, sometimes really bad (it's hell to regain back 49mil exp with only a lvl 900 sadad Oo). This drop system is so easy to fight through if you have a person with MM walk with you.

you die=you lose things

you dont die=you keep those things

How bout you Die you lose everything including some experience, you live and you don't lose everything and you get to keep all your experience.

Here's one, how bout for alchemy when you are making higher level essences you run the risk of haveing them explode in your face, and when you manufacuter swords and armor the swords can cut you and the fire can burn you. I mean come on lets make the whole thing more realistic. I've often thought that it would be interesting to have a game where you played an actual person type charecter instead of an avatar and when your charecter died from some stupid accident or such you would have to start out all over again. The only problem is that you really can't creat a child hood or earlier for your charecter, but it would be quite interesting to see how this would work out in some game in the future.

NeoSeS

I've been playing with a newbie character and when I feel like trying something risk I travel out to a remote area and click my coordinate compass frequently and altough I've died frequently in that body the cost of dying has not ever been more than a time delay.

To really put a cost on dying each item should be dropped with 40% probability and eact item should vanish with 10% probability. That would put a cost on dying.

Bag rescuers could be accused of scamming for doing a good deed. Guild mates wouldn't just be able to watch a friends stuff when they tackle the next teir of monsters. People couldn't fight-die combo to kill the biggest monsters. There would also be less reward for pking.

Keep the careful guy perk exactly the same exactly the same as it is now and maybe a few people would get it.

That would be a phenomenal cost of dying.

lol you could make "reckless guy" a negative perk (not stackable with careful guy, duh?) and it could make it the way you described :lol:

Guest UWSofty

I think the penalty for dying has to be greater.

I like Earl's idea of item's randomly vanishing, or of losing XP points.

Currently, if someone grabs your bag for you, there is no consequences to dying other than a boring walk out of the under world. If anything you gain, because of all the defence XP you gained as someone pummelled you.