Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reisu

Linux

Guest Reisu

I installed Mandrake 9.2 Linux and then I tried to run EL but it didn't work. I didn't run the el.exe (ofc) but the other one for Linux, but I couldn't get it to start.

Is there anyone who uses Mandrake and can help me with this problem?

Did you make the file executable before you tried to run it? If not, I'm sure your file manager allows you to do that (konqueror does, iirc), or else open a terminal window, cd to your el directory. A simple

chmod +x ./el.x86.linux.bin

should get you running then. If that doesn't work, post the exact error message here.

You need to make sure that the current directory is where the EL executable is and that it is executable. The chmod command or using the GUI interface to make sure it is executble is important. As for making sure you are in that directory, either a batch file or creating a menu entry specifying to change to that directory is useful.

Guest Reisu

I got it running but it's not as it should be. It was really slow, and I mean really slow!

I don't know if it was temporary, but does anyone know what could have caused it to be so slow?

Ok, that's one problem fixed :D

I suspect that the game running slow is due to you not having installed hardware accelerated video drivers. What type of video card do you have? nVidia and ATI both provide linux drivers for their cards that you can download from their web site. If you are going to install one of those, be sure to read the instructions first.

Also, how fast do other (3D) games run, e.g. tuxracer?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this