Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Symbolic

A few questions...

Guest Guest_Symbolic

Okay, I'm new to EL (Before this, I've been playing Runescape), and I don't get a few thing... and I'm sorry if someone already asked them, but I don't really want to read a bunch of topics for help.

1.) What does P2P mean? When I started the game, I tried to be one of the dragon-people creatuers (I forgot the name), but every name I typed in was 'taken'. Then I tried Symbolic on the elf, and it worked there, but not in the P2P column.

2.) How long does it take to mine/harvest things? I tried to harvest a flower or something and I sat there for about five minutes before it would harvest.

3.) how can I tell what level I am? I know what my skill levels are, but I'm not sure what my total lvel is, and in the beggining of the game, it said that I wouldn't really die until level seven, just telported back to the beam thing.

4.) Where can I find a map of the regions? I get confused when try to find some place, but don't know where to go.

5.) Where are the mines? I can't find them, and I need money to buy armor and weapons and things.

6.) When I reach level seven and die, do I keep any items, or do I lose all of them?

Thanks, any of these questions answered would be a great help to me... I am so confused. And no one talks in this game, it's wierd for me, stupid runescape and everyone talking....

Okay, I'm new to EL (Before this, I've been playing Runescape), and I don't get a few thing... and I'm sorry if someone already asked them, but I don't really want to read a bunch of topics for help.

1.) What does P2P mean? When I started the game, I tried to be one of the dragon-people creatuers (I forgot the name), but every name I typed in was 'taken'. Then I tried Symbolic on the elf, and it worked there, but not in the P2P column.

Pay to play. The three p2p races can only be chosen if you pay for them. Contact Roja or Entropy for details, I guess.

2.) How long does it take to mine/harvest things? I tried to harvest a flower or something and I sat there for about five minutes before it would harvest.

That depends on your harvest level, start with flowers and work your way up. Not all flowers are created equally, so you may have to try a few to see which are easiest to harvest.

3.) how can I tell what level I am? I know what my skill levels are, but I'm not sure what my total lvel is, and in the beggining of the game, it said that I wouldn't really die until level seven, just telported back to the beam thing.

Click the stats icon, and search for "Overall" level.

4.) Where can I find a map of the regions? I get confused when try to find some place, but don't know where to go.

Press Tab.

5.) Where are the mines? I can't find them, and I need money to buy armor and weapons and things.

Many ores can be found in the crystal caves, that are located on the desert pines map. If you're just starting however, you may be better off selling flowers or killing rabbits and selling their meat, though.

6.) When I reach level seven and die, do I keep any items, or do I lose all of them?

For each item in your inventory, you have a 50% chance of lossing it.

Thanks, any of these questions answered would be a great help to me... I am so confused. And no one talks in this game, it's wierd for me, stupid runescape and everyone talking....

I think most people are willing to anmswer questions if you ask them. Anyway, try the newbie channel, most of the time knowledgable people are there to answer newbie questions. Type #jc 1 to join the channel, then ask your question by srting with an @ , like

@how do i eat meat?

EDIT: fixed opening quote

Edited by Grum

I'm pretty new, so I just learned a bunch of this. I'll answer your questions the best I can.

Q: What does P2P mean? When I started the game, I tried to be one of the dragon-people creatuers (I forgot the name), but every name I typed in was 'taken'. Then I tried Symbolic on the elf, and it worked there, but not in the P2P column.

A: As far as I can understand, they aren't going to have a pay 2 play version now. But the game is still in development and some races are not available.

Q: How long does it take to mine/harvest things? I tried to harvest a flower or something and I sat there for about five minutes before it would harvest.

A: I'm not sure on this one, I've never waited long to start harvesting. It usually starts right up.

Q: how can I tell what level I am? I know what my skill levels are, but I'm not sure what my total lvel is, and in the beggining of the game, it said that I wouldn't really die until level seven, just telported back to the beam thing.

A: Along the buttons on the bottom, there is a button that looks like a bar graph. Click on that and it will list your overall level toward the bottom right. It will also show your levels in individual skills and how many points you need to advance in them.

Q. Where can I find a map of the regions? I get confused when try to find some place, but don't know where to go.

A: Hit tab key to view the map your in. Go to this address to view maps of every region: (along with a ton of other good info) http://o.tfm.ro/

Q: Where are the mines? I can't find them, and I need money to buy armor and weapons and things.

A: Two ways to make money early on are to kill rabbits and sell their first and meat at the taverns and to harvest flowers and sell them to the florist. From there you can increase your levels and then be able to afford some weapons and armor. It takes a little while to get established.

Q:When I reach level seven and die, do I keep any items, or do I lose all of them?

A: I'm not sure. I haven't died in awhile.

I hope this helps. The real key for me was killing those rabbits and selling the flowers. I built up my attack, defense, harvesting and overall levels...plus enough gold to start buying.

Q: What does P2P mean? When I started the game, I tried to be one of the dragon-people creatuers (I forgot the name), but every name I typed in was 'taken'. Then I tried Symbolic on the elf, and it worked there, but not in the P2P column.

A: As far as I can understand, they aren't going to have a pay 2 play version now. But the game is still in development and some races are not available.

There will not be a pay to play version, but there are pay to play characters playing in the same version as everyone else.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this