Eternal Lands Official Forums
Master_Templar

A mod for market

I'm not sure how the whole mod/nh system works, but could a new mod be assigned/take care of the market channel? Whatever else Plat may have done, she kept order in the market channel and its gotten compleatly unruley since she left.

Yes, some people still doesn't underestand I got degraded and are sending me emails why

I am not on the market channel anymore because it goes insane chat channel. Even if I wouldn't leave

I can't keep order on the market channel anymore - no one of spammers and flamming kids will listen to

a degraded mod.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I'f plat or learner aint online, Linux wil be offline either.

FYI: There are still plenty of NH's/Mods that are taking care of the channels. Most NH's are on channel 1 (newbie), as thats their main purpose. If you feel that the market channel is out of control, you can always let NH's/Mods know by using #help_me <message> or #abuse <message>

Hey Plat, what happoned to Linux?

Linux has left the game with me. Maybe Learner will host her if he will be ever back.

Regards.

I think New mods should be appointed, Most of the mods are Power Hungry. They think they rule or something,But some however are Nice, Good to do Mods, So not all mods are mean.

Im Glad Platyna Got what was coming to her It was Quite Hillarious In my point of view.

saying that mods are "powerhungry" or some other insult seem to be one way to end a discussion.. just curiozus, name two active modrators that are mean and/or powerhungry and attach a log where they have been that.. didnt think so.

accusing a person who does nothing but Help and Aid the game development on hzis spare time is not just evil, its imoral. you are playing a game free here, and quite some people are working for the dev's, for free, taking care of the community etc´, and to my knowledge there arent any powerhungry* moderators currntly active ^^

I think New mods should be appointed, Most of the mods are Power Hungry. They think they rule or something,But some however are Nice, Good to do Mods, So not all mods are mean.

Im Glad Platyna Got what was coming to her It was Quite Hillarious In my point of view.

for a person who joined the game/forum about 3 months ago you sure seem to sit comfy in your chair 0_o u doesnt hesitate to accuse mods/nh's who have been here for over 2 years..

you wont even give them a chance, you join the game, play for 2 months and deciwde; "im gonna hate everyone and everything in this game from this point, because that moderator didnt let me host a contest"..

Yes, Tropicano, spending free time being almost full time moderator and being kicked out

and flamed by some 15 years old kids because of critique posts on forum and blackmail. :-)

Regards.

This is getting to be an argument thread about how platyna is "blackmailed and forced to leave" all over again. We have done this at least three times already. Just let it die.

Nah, I couldn't resist after I've read Tropicano's post. :-)

Regards.

for a person who joined the game/forum about 3 months ago you sure seem to sit comfy in your chair 0_o u doesnt hesitate to accuse mods/nh's who have been here for over 2 years..

you wont even give them a chance, you join the game, play for 2 months and deciwde; "im gonna hate everyone and everything in this game from this point, because that moderator didnt let me host a contest"..

Seems to be the "in" thing to do these days...play a month or so and think you know everything about the game and the people who play. <_<

In many peoples eyes, channel 3 has been better of late. A bit of off topic chatter here and there but nothing too serious. More importantly, there has been no ridiculous arguments and very little flaming. I assume there is a mod working behind the scenes on channel 3 and not being too vocal about their actions. If this is the case, they are doing a heck of a job. If not, well one may not be nesscecary, but I suppose it couldn't hurt if they are fair and adverse to power tripping.

market channel=fine

platyna=was fine, fine that she's gone

noob channel=i have no idea, i spend my time in the market channel

mods=fine, nothing i see that's bad, i enjoy L_V's contests

this post=lots of ='s

:ph34r:

Market chan isn't so bad lately, maybe sometimes there is too much OT or newbs but generaly is ok. BTW what do you think about seperate chan for bots' announces (yes I know I can just ignore them :ph34r: )?

I agree that new ppl shouldn't criticize the ppl who've been here forever, so I'm going to try very hard not to do that :huh:

I also agree with the comment that the market channel (and also general chat) has gotten out of control. Almost every day there is atrocious language/sexual references on both channels, and I shudder to think of any younger players who are reading it (although that's part of what you get for letting your young kids play on the internet).

Although the #abuse and #help_me commands are there, I often get no response to them. Maybe I send too many or something, but when someone goes on a cursing rampage, I sent for help! Eventually I end up pming individual mods/NH's.

It seems as though the new rule about language is not being enforced very strongly or consistently. As an example, the other day someone made a joke and I responded with a comment that was meant to be funny and not swearing, and I got into trouble. Later that day and again today, there was excessive swearing/sexual references on channels 3 and 4, but very little action was taken. It seems that the people who consistently cause serious problems only get warned many times.

I don't know if there is a solution to this or an ongoing search for one, but if one can be found, I think the eyes of all the players who don't like to see nasty language will be happier.

PS: I know I can jus ignore people. but it doesn't fix the problem that the rules are still being blatantly broken. :D

[XXX] hi

[XXXX] blah blah blah spam spam spam

Your were kicked from the channel!

[XXXX] i just got kicked

[XXX] uhh, no you didnt

rofl :lol:

Uh, general chat serves no purpose. It's not like you have to be on there!

And if a mod WAS there, where would s/he kick them to...?

You'd be kicked off all channels if that was the case.

There is now a more concerted effort to cover Market Channel. Hope this helps everyone.

assume there is a mod working behind the scenes on channel 3 and not being too vocal about their actions. If this is the case, they are doing a heck of a job

alot of the time Jezebelle is there behind the scenes, or myself or others - but its just not possible to moderate it 24/7, there will always be times when nobody is available.