Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tropicano

Texturebug experienced since 1.01 update

blue.jpg

Ok.. see those blueish lines on the ground? i get those everywhere after about 20mins of playing.. and it only gets worse with time.. here even the bag turned blueish.

ever since version 1.01 got released ive had to live with this :| anyone else experiencing the same problem? Ive got the latest drivers and all for my gfx card and all that shit.

system:

Amd Athlon 2800+

1024mb pc3200 DDR

Powercolor Radeon x800xt (256mb)

Ok.. see those blueish lines on the ground? i get those everywhere after about 20mins of playing.. and it only gets worse with time.. here even the bag turned blueish.

Looks (and sounds) like you need better cooling on your graphics card.

I had similar effects when graphic card was overheating.

Get some good cooler fast, because after I ignored that effect, after some time the card was irreversibly damaged and stopped working at all. Had to be replaced.

Regards

Chryzopraz

oh and btw. Eternal Lands is the only game im experiencing any kind of trouble in, and im currently playing:

-Half Life 2

-LOTR battle for middle earth

-Battlefield Vietnam

-Doom 3

-Warcraft 3: The frozen throne

wtf.. the card is brand new :|.. Well ill try that :P

Brand new, as in pushing the gpu to it's limits, using lots of power and thus generating lots of heat.

yeah.. i could probably grow a rainforrest insude my comp.. but thats not the thing, the card is made to withstand such amounts of heat.. so there "should" be no real problem with that :ph34r:

No it's not, it's made to have a lot of cooling. Probably a fan on the card itself, but that will not help unless it can get cold air from somewhere. So, if your case fans don't pull enough air past the graphics card, the card fan will not help.

One thing that most people don't know... Modern cases are built to create a path of air flow, when they are put correctly together. If you remove the lid or the side of the case, this air flow will cease existing. So even though common sense - and most geeks - tells you to open the case to get the heat out, this actually makes things worse.

No it's not, it's made to have a lot of cooling. Probably a fan on the card itself, but that will not help unless it can get cold air from somewhere. So, if your case fans don't pull enough air past the graphics card, the card fan will not help.

One thing that most people don't know... Modern cases are built to create a path of air flow, when they are put correctly together. If you remove the lid or the side of the case, this air flow will cease existing. So even though common sense - and most geeks - tells you to open the case to get the heat out, this actually makes things worse.

It will help if you don't have adiquate airflow as it will allow some air movement around the case. If you are set up properly however, you are right as this will disrupt the airflow inside the case.

yeah.. i could probably grow a rainforrest insude my comp.. but thats not the thing, the card is made to withstand such amounts of heat.. so there "should" be no real problem with that :ph34r:

Do you really belive that?

The experience I was talking about was also with a brand new card in a brand new computer.

What's more, we had 3 identical computers at work and only one was experiencing problems.

Parts just never are identical.

So go to your retailer, exchange your card for another one and check if that helps.

Regards

Chryzopraz

here is another image of how it looks (still at night though...) look at the gui, it r teh smeged now as well..

bug.jpg

and if you look at the road, you can see a black thingy there ^^

Edited by Tropicano

hmm.. for you guys that say overheating, check this out:

overdrive.jpg

50 C, thats the temp that the card runs on in windows.. So... EL doesnt really overheat the card ^^.. reading the manual, im told that 80-85C is normal for this card when playing newer games ^^

about ventilations and fans, yes.. 2 fans for the box let alone.. and the org fan for the gfx card, thats running up on 1 month of age..

Edited by Tropicano

well the card runs on 50 in windows-only mode.. and the manual sais that 50~ is what it should run on if not using opengl or d3d.. :D

so... thats not suppose to be bad leeloo ^^

53 C doesn't sound too bad. I don't know what the problem is, really. Could be that your gfx card is damaged after all, or that the drivers mess up. I don't suspect the problem is in EL.

well, when i restart EL - it works fine for another 30 mins (sometimes hours).. gah - its not that big a deal anyways, im just getting sick of not knowing why it happens ^^

Edited by Tropicano

imo that's not true.

You can easily test that with a digital thermometer. The average temperature inside the PC case will always be higher, than the room temp.

Casefans have the function to bring the cool air from the room inside the case and transport the warm air outside. That's all. And be sure it will be much hotter inside, since there is less space and GPU, CPU, chipset, HDDs and stuff heating the air inside.

If the cardfans have "direct access" to this big pool called room that helps more than a case fan and it's not that noisy.

Then explain this :P A colleague took the sides off a machine to replace a drive. Since there was some problems, he didn't want to put the sides back on until he was sure it worked. The next time I checked on the machine, all the little warning lights were red (this machine had temperature warning lights). I put the case back together, and ten minutes later the lights were back go green :(

A single fan won't help much, it just sucks the air around it in, and once passing the heat sink, it goes back around the fan, where it gets sucket in, and once passing the heat sink, it goes back around the fan, where... Temperature keeps rising.

That's why the case fans move air *through* the case, in at one end and out at the other. This replaces the air around the card fans, so instead of sucking the same hot air back in, it's replaced with cold air from the outside.