Eternal Lands Official Forums
Hyperion

WTF?

I logged on this afternoon and i played for a while nothing wrong but i logged on 4 and a half hour alter and my char was reseted my stuff was gone ALL my lvls were gone and my looks have changed into a focking WOMAN!!(no offense to womans)

wtf happened?

Simply, your account has been hacked. You've set too easy password.

Regards.

Simply, h4x00r killed his char and recreated it.

Regards.

Guest Guest

yes thnx to wytter i found out that happened and wytt banned his IP i know the guy who did this....now i can just start over again

Sorry to hear that, Mrs. Sniper, and i hope that some1 could restore your char from the weekly backup.

Maybe you can tell us your old password, so that we can see how it could be hacked. (i think, you have now choosen a more safe one).

For example, sniper wouldnt be a good password, because you can find it in any dictionary and run a wordlist attack against your char. sniperj or sniperj89 are very seldom in common dictionaries or word lists, so these passswords are much more safe.

There is somewhere a thread Platyna started about safe passwords. Thats a good source of information how to create a safe and still easy to remember password.

Piper

For example, sniper wouldnt be a good password, because you can find it in any dictionary and run a wordlist attack against your char. sniperj or sniperj89 are very seldom in common dictionaries or word lists, so these passswords are much more safe.

Wrong.

1. Dictionary attack programs try common words + a few letters and numbers (on both ends) just as well as common words. Don't use common words.

2. Anything that resembles the login name is a bad choice, even though the login name is not in a dictionary, it's still known. If the attacker knows anything about you (which seems to be the case with most of these), other bad choices are names, birtdays, etc of family family members, dogs name, car license plate, your favorite movie (don't you think your friends noticed that you watched Episode 1 six times, and wore a jarjar costume for halloween?) and so on.

your favorite movie (don't you think your friends noticed that you watched Episode 1 six times, and wore a jarjar costume for halloween?) and so on.

LOL.

I agree totally with Leeloo. You need something completely irrelevant to your login name, and also something that's not a common word.

A good combination of letters and numbers is the trick, whilst adding a few vowels to help it stick better.

Guest Guest
Did he said he used sniper as password? no

nope and i didn't use sniper as my pass good point pikketrekker :)

i agree with satan

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.