Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Cal3d, New Character Animation Format

What I meant was, how many cycles will the animation play before a new idle is generated, which could be a different one or the same. So it's not like it's going to wag his tail always 10 times. It can happen 10,20,30,40 times. I'm just putting the minimum time the animation will play to ensure it will look natural. For the yawning, 1 cycle is natural. For the tail, it wouldn't look natural to wag once, then stop, then wag again once, then stop, then wag three times, again stop... It will look like a broken robot or something.

Anyway, I'll just play around a bit, see what seems more natural and post the update. Apart from the fact that the anims don't look natural, is the client ok? Have you been able to update the actor defs?

Edited by mikeman

All the actor def's are updated with the exception of the random idle animations.

Woudln't it be better to put the Max # of times the animation can cycle?

There is still the turning in place/sliding bug in the client you gave me.

Everything else looks good :P

Edit:Just checked, the gargoyles are still going into their normal idle, instead of the special gargoyle idles i made for them. They need to go in their special idles when it is daytime, because during the day they are "asleep", they become inanimate-unless you attack them. Right now, if you attack them, and flee or die, they go into their normal idles-which they shouldn't.

A patch that can be applied to the lateest CVS is here:

http://coord.tfm.ro/1/elc_cal3d.diff

Instructions:

1 )The cal3d_wrapper.h that comes with cal3d is not working properly . You will have to overwrite /usr/include/cal3d/cal3dwrapper.h with the one provided by the patch.

I tested it under linux. We will need feedback on compiling on the other platforms.

2) You will need the updated animations and tiles and etc etc etc. I will make tomorrow an archive with the needed files.

A patch that can be applied to the lateest CVS is here:

http://coord.tfm.ro/1/elc_cal3d.diff

Instructions:

1 )The cal3d_wrapper.h that comes with cal3d is not working properly . You will have to overwrite /usr/include/cal3d/cal3dwrapper.h with the one provided by the patch.

I tested it under linux. We will need feedback on compiling on the other platforms.

2) You will need the updated animations and tiles and etc etc etc. I will make tomorrow an archive with the needed files.

176794[/snapback]

Why not modify how we compile to use the supplied one instead of over writting it?

Quick Q, was testing it out, is there an anti human and dwarf conspiracy taking place here? lol.

they apear as ghosts still, or am i missing somthing....

Bug: When walking into a new area that holds dead animals, the dead animals would stand up.

Another bug: If you enable #demigod while fighting, The creatue doesnt apear to die, Just stands up. but has 0 HP and is a "dead entity" hehe

Committed Cal3D to CVS. So Mikeman, could you check out and port your bug fixes to this? Thanks. After an introduction to using CVS and EL programming standards etc. I'll of course give you access.

Tyvm.

Here's a preliminary update including all the files we've gathered for the upcoming update.

http://el.tfm.ro/update_1.0.2-test2.tar.bz2

For bugs, please go to:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16127

Edited by Wytter

mikeman, can you please make a pakage with your libs, and headers for win32 please.

Been trying to do this all day, And it keeps dieing when trying to compile cal3dwrap.c

on line 5 with,

no matching function for call to `CalCoreModel::CalCoreModel()

on the upside, The linux compile works perfectly =)

Edited by Zep

Wait, are you trying to compile cal3dwrap.[ch]? They are obsolete, I'll remove them from the repository.

ok, since we haven't heard from mikeman on the subject, let's just ditch it for now...the random idles that is. So, there will just be some standard boring idles with this update, until i make some new ones(non random).

Hey Roja, sorry for not being aroung, but I've been so busy I just have zero time for programming, and I won't have for atleast another month. As for the random idles, most of the functionality needed is there, I don't think it would be difficult for any of the other guys to finish it.