Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
odrbjorn

Suggestions For Game That Will Make It Perfect

hello i play the game and here are my seggestions

*have only your character be able to pick up your items that you drop when you die(i have lost 380+ gold, chain mail, and other stuff that was exspesive and im sure others have to)

*make it more 1st person with camra behind you

*walk with arrow keys not point click and go

*Have a toggle on off on map showing place died, friends and other characters

*The meaning of dieing is losing your stuff. A reward for the person who killed you.

*Don't care

*That would suck

*Would destroy manhunt contest

Hello odrbjorn,

*have only your character be able to pick up your items that you drop when you die(i have lost 380+ gold, chain mail, and other stuff that was exspesive and im sure others have to)

For your first point, this would not be very realistic. If you loose some stuff in an area where there lots of other people around, the chance is actually very high, all the stuff is lost once and for all. Even IRL. The only way is to appeal to the conscience, morale and social parts of others players and try to get it back without investing too much. I don't think it would be a good idea, if only the owner could pick up the bag. The game would be too easy, because you know you always get your gear back. People would start to no longer take care of their life, because they know, even if they die, there is nothing lost. This would imply that your dead will have no further implications on your character. And this should definitely not the case. When you die, there must IMHO something happen with either your character (more worse) or your inventory/gear (less worse). Would you like to loose for example experience, or even attributes and/or skill levels if you die? Could you provide an alternative to this?

*make it more 1st person with camra behind you

You can zoom in and rotate your camera so it is very close to a first person view. What advantages would a first person only view have in your eyes, compared to the current camera?

*walk with arrow keys not point click and go

That's a great idea, i like it! I would even welcome support for the keyboard in general, as i am very used to my kbd :rolleyes: I am much more faster in using my keyboard then using my mouse indeed.

No, this would make things simply too easy. What's the challenge if anything is marked on your map and you do not have to mount your brain before playing? Btw. someone else mentioned something before, I'm sorry but I can't find the thread currently :blink: But Roja did reply to this other thread with a negative response, so I don't think this will go into the game.

lol i wil put my enemys on that friends marker :blink: so i know when they in kf :rolleyes:

1. If you don't want to lose items, just don't die :rolleyes:

2. Personally, I wouldn't like that option, I like seeing the world around me from a god-like point a view.

3. I thought this when I first joined but now, I find using the mouse more convienent than using the arrow keys.

4. This option would be very unfair :blink: Manhunts which I hold quite often would be ruined and many other events.

If there's anything annoys me, is a newbie who think he can make the game perfect (in his own mindset) with a load of worthless suggestions.(might have been given a no before or just plain stupid)

Anyway, most of those suggestions wouldn't make the game perfect in any way. what would really halp in this game would be some adjustments to our economy, new features, and maybe a new item or two :)

2. Personally, I wouldn't like that option, I like seeing the world around me from a god-like point a view.

we know :)

Erm...other characters...everyone on the map!? You'd kill the bandwidth!

1) You need a punishment for dying. Just don't die if you don't want to lose items.

2) Look at posted topics. NO 1st person view.

3) Press home, insert, and delete.

4) This would ruin a lot of the fun stuff, and it would probably take up lots of bandwidth.

If there's anything annoys me, is a newbie who think he can make the game perfect (in his own mindset) with a load of worthless suggestions.(might have been given a no before or just plain stupid)

Anyway, most of those suggestions wouldn't make the game perfect in any way. what would really halp in this game would be some adjustments to our economy, new features, and maybe a new item or two

Then why don't you make suggestions instead of bitching about others'?

Anyway, most of those suggestions wouldn't make the game perfect in any way. what would really halp in this game would be some adjustments to our economy, new features, and maybe a new item or two :P

A lot of new stuff is coming very soon.... the game

is in for a big rework of stuff and will be so much

better. Which is good as i am so bored of EL the

way it is now..lol... mindless havesting and making

stuff mindlessly over and over

Well, for the first Idea, How about having this: Anything lying on the ground can be picked up BUT only if you can find them! Bags lying on the ground in certain areas (Such as high grass and Water) will not be visable on the screen.

The only way to find them would require your character to have a high Perseption!

Hee hee. Fun but annoying for newbies who want to return to their deathbag. And it'll give a use for Perseption!

Well, for the first Idea, How about having this: Anything lying on the ground can be picked up BUT only if you can find them! Bags lying on the ground in certain areas (Such as high grass and Water) will not be visable on the screen.

The only way to find them would require your character to have a high Perseption!

Hee hee. Fun but annoying for newbies who want to return to their deathbag. And it'll give a use for Perseption!

That COULD open up a new job for some people to do: reconnaissance. They can travel with you or a hunting party and help you find hidden treasures. :D Assuming that hidden bags and other stuff can also randomly appear and be invisible to the non-perceptive?

Oh I like that idea :) (Not for death bags though)

The higher your perception, the better goodies you can see...just like monster drops or something...but better :)

how bout this then insead of only you being to be able to pick up your death bag dont announce it on the chat or, have like 5 minutes to get out of the underworldand claim you stuff back and after the five minutes its first come first serve. if a person is close to you and sees you died they can pick it up but if they are not in site they shouldnt know theres a bag with the persons stuff in it and i may be a newbie to this game but i have played many others like it and i know what i like.

how bout this then insead of only you being to be able to pick up your death bag dont announce it on the chat or, have like 5 minutes to get out of the underworldand claim you stuff back and after the five minutes its first come first serve. if a person is close to you and sees you died they can pick it up but if they are not in site they shouldnt know theres a bag with the persons stuff in it and i may be a newbie to this game but i have played many others like it and i know what i like.

Local chat range, which is what the death message is over, isn't much more than visible sight.

They have to wait 5 minutes until they get the bag they get beacuse they killed you? Kinda removes the point of PK'ing.

As for keyboard walking: Do some research on path finding algorithms, and then figure out how to combine it with the keyboard.

Goal: fluid motion with one outgoing network packet per five seconds. The current system can do it, don't make the new one worse.

Local chat range, which is what the death message is over, isn't much more than visible sight.

They have to wait 5 minutes until they get the bag they get beacuse they killed you? Kinda removes the point of PK'ing.

not on PK maps i was never talking about them