Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Dance Animation

Once Cal3d gets implemented (that's still the plan I believe?), make a dance animation, that runs client-side, and only has a start_dance and stop_dance server commands. Right now, people use sit-stand-sit-stand-sit-stand... as "dancing", which causes lag and resyncs.

To make it really advanced, how about a two-person dance - of course the two persons would have to be right next to eachother, and when they go around eachother, it should only be visual. The two occupied tiles should not change on the server, the animation just needs to end with both people in the original positions.

The first one should be simple to do, the second might not be.

Once Cal3d gets implemented (that's still the plan I believe?), make a dance animation, that runs client-side, and only has a start_dance and stop_dance server commands. Right now, people use sit-stand-sit-stand-sit-stand... as "dancing", which causes lag and resyncs.

But I don't dance like that :P turn to the left for 2 and then turn to the right for 2 and so on then break it so you turn for 8 and you are facing the other way around and then start the sequence again, well good :lol:

Make a second dance option, too. the Macarena.

Edited by Hazor

Freeone I thought that was a fun feature, not a problem. :) People seem to have fun with it anyway. Dancing while through other people/animal/buildings might be even more fun!

But I don't dance like that  :)  turn to the left for 2 and then turn to the right for 2 and so on then break it so you turn for 8 and you are facing the other way around and then start the sequence again, well good  :lol:

I wasn't talking about you. What triggered this suggestion was actually a complaint about BeyoncE dancing, causing lag for everyone.

This will add the "people sticking through other people" problem in addition to "people sticking through objects" and "people sticking through animals".

This happens in real life too, except it's more like "bumping into" rather than "sticking through".

yea how i dance in el is

Stand

Sit

Stand

Sit

Rotate Left

Rotate Right

Sit

Stand

Rotate Left

Site

LOL! but i really think we need a running feature installed

LOL! but i really think we need a running feature installed

Running is never going to happen, at least not unless someone wants to rewrite client and server to support different speeds.

yea how i dance in el is

Stand

Sit

Stand

Sit

Rotate Left

Rotate Right

Sit

Stand

Rotate Left

Site

Noooooo that doesn't work after the second 'sitting down' how can you rotate left and then rotate right - you can't rotate while your still sitting down on your bum! :o It should be:

Sit

Stand

Sit

Stand

Rotate Left

Rotate Right

Sit

Stand

Rotate Left

Sit

Come to Adynas dancing lessons 50gc an hour!!!