Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cindy

Health and Manna regeneration Rate

In classical RPG design, casting classes generally receive a higher manna regeneration rate when they sit (and 'meditate') than they do standing/running/walking/fighting.

The corollary to this is that melee classes heal at a higher rate when they are sitting than when they are standing/running/fighting.

In E.L. - all classes are "racial" distinction rather than melee vs casting class delineated. So all classes could be said to be both melee and casters.(one feature i like, personally)

My suggestion is to change the heal/manna regen rate when sitting - to two points per 'tick', rather than the current 1 point per tick. To my thinking it would make the 'feel' of the experience of playing a little bit more realistic. You heal faster when you rest than when your engaged in other activities, and the same is true for manna regeneration.

The design team may consider tying this "improved" regeneration rate while sitting - to metabolism. In other words - while you regained two hit points and two manna points per tick - when sitting - you would also consume two units of food supplies.

Since it could be anticipated that a fully healed player might object to depleting their rations while sitting - you might consider adding some type of checkbox to enable or disable this feature - if it was tied to metabolism.

I like it, untill the metabolism part.

When u sit you are also using less energy, so also less food anyway.

I am sure there is a bit that says whether you stand or sit, and i am sure that there is a function that increases your mana and health 1 point if you have a high enough food level. Wouldn't be hard to let it increase by 2.

It would be only fair to use 2 food units, if you are sitting...

That's a good idea, we were thinking from the beginnign wether or not we should make it like this... But I am curious what other people think as well.

I think it's a good idea, and it shouldn't make you hungry. There already is a catch to sitting...you can't move. However, I would make it so that you only regenerate faster if you're not doing anything. After all, I think it would be rather difficult to meditate and mine or manufacture at the same time. All you could do is chat while sitting, so it's both reasonable and more realistic.