Windows version can compiled with Dev-C++5. See how to compile the client by clicking the link in the next paragraph for a tutorial. (Post to that thread if the tutorial is broken)
I would have had it up sooner but I had a wrestling match with VC6, gave up and had another with Dev-C++5. I won the latter. Victory speech here After that I test compiled it and discovered I had nearly destroyed the shadows and lighting code (game clock was night at the time, see). That bug is fixed. Still haven't converted all floating messages to Orthographic yet.
- Camera has wider range of motion
- Camera is now centered just above player head (only tested on human - other races let me know how it works)
- *** use a perspective of around .45 for this option
- Camera follows the character as it turns
- When the option is first enabled the camera moved directly behind player
- Works great with Extended Camera
- Because the game would be *ugly* without it I have folded the Orthographic patch into this one
- Extended and Follow Camera options are now in Video tab at the top
- The Orthographic Banners option is not configurable. So there
- Follow cam is a bit herky jerky due to the limited directions the character can face. I'll see if I can smooth it out a bit
- The Video tab is now overflowing. Can anyone suggest where else to put these options?
- The camera height could be made adjustable so that players can make it work for their race.
- Check out how things look from Directly overhead - Classic Warcraft
- New configuration options are disabled by default
- The current client does not render everything you should be able to see right away if the camera changes too much (those who use the current high perspective camera know this) just move the character or your mouse and that will fix itself.
Source may come later... but I want feedback first. This modification changes only 7 digits in draw_scene.c so I may just post the modifications here.
So far I've tested movement, passing though doors, combat, and subsequently I navigated out of the underworld... so its useable.
Edited by emajekral, 25 July 2006 - 01:58 AM.