Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mihaim

Mercury , Leather , Sand Paper

All 3 of them are available only in stores.

The good this is that by buying them the money are taken out from the game . The bad thing is the prices are quite up .

Death essences will become more and more required in the game by summoners. Only one problem.

Mercury can only be bought .

This way summoning of one large garg costs 40 gc ( if the summoner makes himself the essences )

Leather should be manufacturable . Something like this :

1 deer fur + 1 water essence = 3 leather ( required tool in inventory: leather knife ) and gives 8 manu points and consumes 2 points of food

1 bear fur + 3 water essences = 7 leather ( required tool in inventory: leather knife ) and gives 12 manu points and consumes 4 points of food

and so on ...

SandPaper could be manufactured tis way:

1 diamond + 2 fire ess + 2 earth essences = 1 sand paper ( required tool: gem cutter ) and gives no experience and consumes 10 food points

What do you think?

You've posted HOW this could be done, but you haven't given a reason WHY it should be...

High prices aren't really a reason why leather and sand paper should be manufacturable.

-Lyn-

Dont get me wrong, there not bad ideas but...

By the time you've gathered those ingredients to make the leather or sand paper, it would have been quicker and easier to just buy them from the shop.

Placid , agree . You can buy them from shop, and making them it will be slow, but it will be possible for players. Some of them will "waste" money .

The whole thing is about creating alternatives ....

i understand that, but i just think that it maybe an unecessary change. Plus it actually says in cicero's post (i think) that leather will not be makable. (or obtainable by other means other that shops.)

This would make the game more complete, but would make the balance worse. One of the critical things that has to be watched is making sure that there are ways of getting money out of the economy, or in the very near future we'll be swamped with gold. Until such a time that the economy can be stable, nothing should be changed that allows players to avoid paying for something they currently have to pay for.

One of the critical things that has to be watched is making sure that there are ways of getting money out of the economy, or in the very near future we'll be swamped with gold.

Monthly ingame fees for things could solve this..? Like bigger storage etc..

although manu is expensive, im enclined to agree with not being able to make leather. not only does it take money from the game, it doesnt make the skill tooo easy.

I agree with gem sander and mercury. Summoning and crafting needs an advantage, and leather should

cost twice as now. Rings dissapear it should be alot cheaper to make than now. And summoning is

almost useless.

Regards.

This would make the game more complete, but would make the balance worse. One of the critical things that has to be watched is making sure that there are ways of getting money out of the economy, or in the very near future we'll be swamped with gold. Until such a time that the economy can be stable, nothing should be changed that allows players to avoid paying for something they currently have to pay for.

One easy way to take out money from the game:

Make a spell like Full Mana Restoration that will use Game Money as ingredients .

Something like this :

Ingredients for full mana restore : 50 gc , 4 Air Essences. And make it level 50

Two things are acomplished by this :

1) essence making boost , potion making boost

2) taking out the money from the game at a realivelly Constant Rate .

Or make a potion for full mana restore that can be made with money in it ...

500 gc + 2 swamp candels + 2 wine and food cost 30 and level 50 potion ....

I see your point but did you ever here of Gandalf asking frodo for 50gc so he can cast another spell?

I just think that it goes against the idea of magic. I think one sure way of getting money from the game is when using physical ingredients, i.e manu/alch and crafting. The more items you can make, maybe you can introduce more ingredients that require items from shops.

I see your point but did you ever here of Gandalf asking frodo for 50gc so he can cast another spell?

Some centuryes ago In Romania were some belives that people like Robin Hood can be killed by a silver bullet . They tooa a coin split it 4 pieces and use them with guns .

Entropy u can put this in english better than me . The legends of Iancu Jianu.

On the other part... Potions using coins is so unusual. In our time ppl put silver coins in water to ionize the water. I aint gonna put the details here. Use the google for details .

Dont get me wrong, there not bad ideas but...

By the time you've gathered those ingredients to make the leather or sand paper, it would have been quicker and easier to just buy them from the shop.

You can buy magic essence from shop but it's FAR cheaper to make them. Money vs. work IS an important factor here.

I agree with gem sander and mercury. Summoning and crafting needs an advantage, and leather should

cost twice as now. Rings dissapear it should be alot cheaper to make than now. And summoning is

almost useless.

Regards.

The advantages?

Summoning = summon a fluffy or chimeran wolf. Not advantage enough?

Crafting = make very very useful medallions and rings.

BTW, you only want gem sander and mercury to be cheaper because you use them. You want leather up so other manuers will level slower, allowing your friend Learner to stay as one of the top manuers and keep your market supplied.

</intellect> I see right through you.

daxon, you never even gave the DISadvantages to crafting. there are so many books to read and it is the ONLY skill that needs 6 nexuses total. i think maybe rings should be harder to make, but to balance it out give a 20% chance to lose ring instead of 100% after it is used.

The advantages?

Summoning = summon a fluffy or chimeran wolf. Not advantage enough?

Crafting = make very very useful medallions and rings.

BTW, you only want gem sander and mercury to be cheaper because you use them. You want leather up so other manuers will level slower, allowing your friend Learner to stay as one of the top manuers and keep your market supplied.

summoning a fluffy or a wolf is powerfull . but not as usefull as you think . in a combat a summoner dies verry quickly if the fighter have dis rings

Crafting ... yes ... usefull for dis rings. Dam rings are used mainly in combat but they are verry hard to produce and therefore not quite usefull .

Meds ? Meds were the first thing in the marget with the biggest price drop .

After that price dropped at rings and soon other items will come .

The bigger are the levels the less balance will be on market .

I proposed the potion made with money in order to eliminate a part of the gold existent on the market .... No answer from the "officials" yet :)

daxon, you never even gave the DISadvantages to crafting. there are so many books to read and it is the ONLY skill that needs 6 nexuses total. i think maybe rings should be harder to make, but to balance it out give a 20% chance to lose ring instead of 100% after it is used.

So many books to read, wow. Maybe you never took a look at manufacturing books? Maybe not as many, but they are damn long to read so it makes up for the lesser number of them.

And I agree; make the ring have a "multiple" use.

i think the cost of snd paper is OK it could be able to be made though. but the price of leather is just plain freaking ignorant i mean come on the way the in game economy is right now you can hardly make a 5 or 10 gc profit from making ur leather items

10gc a piece is WAY to much

If you will advance in crafting to minimum 40 and you will still tell me gem sander price is ok.

You are actually loosing money on crafting till you will not reach enought high level to massively make

damage and dis rings what is pain in the...

Regards.

i think the cost of snd paper is OK it could be able to be made though. but the price of leather is just plain freaking ignorant i mean come on the way the in game economy is right now you can hardly make a 5 or 10 gc profit from making ur leather items

10gc a piece is WAY to much

Amen. It should be more like 7, MAYBE 8 gc.

I can tell u, u cant make a profit from leather at all, if ur making it in large quantities. I actually found myself spending many hours on gathering money in order to start manufacturing leather stuff. When I was done, and had gained like 15k XP, I didn't have any money left...