Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellinon

Tracking Is Cool

today i was hunting foxers. Foxers are spiffy cool to hunt. i saw one. i pmed someone saying i had found it. when i look up, it is GONE!! I say we add a new skill called tracking. It allows you to see tracks in the ground, better you are at it, more tracks you see. This way, hunters will have a more specialized field then normal fighters. And you dont lose the animals as easy, and if you do, its your fault and not the game's.

actually, it is never the game's fault that you lost an animal. it is either your fault, or somebody else's. in this case, it was your fault, because you took the time to PM your buddy when you could have just attacked the fox and PMed him after. and how will you level up the tracking skill when all it is is just seeing tracks in the ground? -_-

xD you sit by a spawn for an hour afk and try to ignore messages "you failed to track a Beaver"

every time you see beaver tracks successfully you get exp! w00t! ;)

er this is a little offtopic but would you STFU with the little descriptions "You better read this ent" It is so annoying, hell read it IF he has time too.

What you want to do is mod your client so that when you click on an animal from a distance and you get that "you're too far away" message, the client automatically makes your character follow the animal.

It wouldn't be hard to implement either. When you click with the attack icon, check the distance between your actor and the actor you clicked on (the animal). If it's, say, greater than 5 tiles away then call findpath to the coordinates of the animal.

Keep track of which actor you're tracking and do a findpath to its coords every 1000 ticks and you'll keep following. Each time the animal stops, you get a little closer. Once you're in range, battle away!

Any comments on the legality of this mod?

What you want to do is mod your client so that when you click on an animal from a distance and you get that "you're too far away" message, the client automatically makes your character follow the animal.

It wouldn't be hard to implement either. When you click with the attack icon, check the distance between your actor and the actor you clicked on (the animal). If it's, say, greater than 5 tiles away then call findpath to the coordinates of the animal.

Keep track of which actor you're tracking and do a findpath to its coords every 1000 ticks and you'll keep following. Each time the animal stops, you get a little closer. Once you're in range, battle away!

Any comments on the legality of this mod?

cool that fun to have in game :)

actually tracking is a skill that me and ent were thinking of adding for p2p... and it would work veyr similar to what you described with the animal footprints.