Eternal Lands Official Forums
NatureLover

Possible new chat command

Just throwing an idea out there that a guildie brought up: It would be helpful to have a new command (perhaps &) that would send the message following it to all the channels you currently have open.

For Example: & gnite all

This would save you the trouble of #gm gnite all & @ 1234 gnite all & @ 4321 gnite all & etc.

The one downside i see to it is if you currently have the invance channel or market channel currently open. Any thoughts?

Just throwing an idea out there that a guildie brought up: It would be helpful to have a new command (perhaps &) that would send the message following it to all the channels you currently have open.

For Example: & gnite all

This would save you the trouble of #gm gnite all & @ 1234 gnite all & @ 4321 gnite all & etc.

The one downside i see to it is if you currently have the invance channel or market channel currently open. Any thoughts?

It should be possible not to send such a message to the market/newbie/help or whatever channel.

Might be useful IMO.

Piper

I created a User Menu for that very thing. ;)

http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=49650

Here an example of one I've got set up:

Quick Chat
Dual Hello||#gm Howdy All! ||@@1234Hiya! 
Dual Mornin||#gm Mornin ||@@1234Mornin 
Dual AFK||#gm AFK...||@@1234AFK...
Dual AFK w/info||#gm AFK <Info>||@@1234AFK <Info>
Dual Back||#gm Back ||@@1234Back 
||
1234 AFK||@@1234AFK a min... brb
#gm AFK||#gmAFK for a min or so...

The first 5 come under a category heading of "Quick Chat" while the bottom two are un-categorized menu items.

One click on the "Dual Hello" command in my User Menu and I say hi in #gm and @@1234

Click on "Dual AFK w/info" and it prompts me for info (reason) before posting my AFK msg in #gm and @@1234

EDIT: Forgot this link - http://www.el-wiki.n...face#User_menus

Edited by DarElik

Yeah LRNR is right, this would definitely lead to either "accidental" spam or deliberate spam. DarElik's way with the user menu should be good way to do it on.