Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mythos

Merchant token/glyph - for merchant mode

I suggest the introduction of a merchant token/glyph, which when used - would allow the player to go into Merchant mode and sell stuff - as any npc/bot.

The merchant mode will consume platinum coins, in the same manner mule form consumes CF.

The merchant mode could only be activated in a marketplace (special map) so it won't affect bot activities.

The merchant mode would allow players to sell stuff while afk.

Edited by Mythos

Shades of the perfectworld genre = nasty!

Sorry but i think of all those afkers clogging up the maps :P

Edited by lyndy

I don't play other games, thus i have no idea if these elements exist of not in other games.

But, i personally think that having a marketplace - map - would be a good feature within the game, especially for new players - who have no idea of how bot interface works.

Merchant mode won't compete with bots - as merchant mode will CONSUME glyps - while mods won't, and would be activated only in ONE specific marketplace MAP, not everywhere as bots do.

Doesn't mean that bots can't go and use a stand there - it will be - in my opinion - better than - for instance - invading Nordcarn Map.

But, i personally think that having a marketplace - map - would be a good feature within the game, especially for new players - who have no idea of how bot interface works.

How exactly would this be more intuitive for new players?

well, you still need bot code for the trading procedure...

and this code has to be implemented into the client if you want afk trading

and you have to be close to sto for trading...or just trade small amounts out of inv...

not to think of the new ways of scamming...just remember how long it took

to make the bot code nearly scamm-free

but, we allready have lots of bots for 24/7 trading

and for bot interface..well, just pm the bot with #help and there it is :)

If we didn't already have the EL style of bots, I would say this would be a good idea. Since we don't, I have to say that we don't need both EL style bots and this feature. Even if this was in place, it would require a way or letting people know that you are selling something while AFK. The most EL has for marketplace stuff is channel 3 or features outside of the game like el-services bots and rraisa and such. So, this is redundant when along side of EL style bots and would require at least a buff icon over a head (probably a $ or coins or money bags) to know the character is ready for business. It would probably need to be restricted to trading item A at quantity A for item B and quantity B and no other transactions if it was to be implemented so as to avoid complexities.