Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tico

Problems connecting

Im experiencing a problem when i try to conect

I get the trying to connect message during startup, but it dont connect, neither get the connection failure message.

This what shows in the log.

main_528.log

[21:35:45, engine/logging.cpp:310] Log started at: 03/05/12 21:35:45 E. South America Standard Time

[21:35:45, engine/logging.cpp:313] version: 1.9.3

[21:35:45, servers.c:62] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

-------------------------------

also tryed a cmd ping on server

ping game.eternal-lands.com

Pinging game.eternal-lands.com [213.152.3.5] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 213.152.3.5: bytes=32 time=817ms TTL=45

Reply from 213.152.3.5: bytes=32 time=790ms TTL=45

Reply from 213.152.3.5: bytes=32 time=572ms TTL=45

Reply from 213.152.3.5: bytes=32 time=609ms TTL=45

Ping statistics for 213.152.3.5:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 572ms, Maximum = 817ms, Average = 697ms

---------------------

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

Edited by Tico

[21:35:45, servers.c:62] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

Thats not really an error message, that means, that the client tries to connect to the main server, the server, where you want to play.

Have you changed anything at your firewall, anti-virus software, router and such things?

Anything, which would block port 2000 and/or would limit your connections to only a few servers/ip adresses?

Or have you moved to a place, where they dont allow you to connect to the EL server, because it's a game?

Piper

Thats not really an error message, that means, that the client tries to connect to the main server, the server, where you want to play.

Have you changed anything at your firewall, anti-virus software, router and such things?

Anything, which would block port 2000 and/or would limit your connections to only a few servers/ip adresses?

Or have you moved to a place, where they dont allow you to connect to the EL server, because it's a game?

Piper

Im in a hotel for next 2 weeks, but no proxy needed to set up. (autodetect in windows LAN settings)

But if it was a LAN restriction i wouldnt be able to ping it, right?

Well, you wouldnt be able to connect to www.eternal-lands.com at port 2000.

A ping to www.eternal-lands.com would work, ping doesnt try to connect to port 2000.

Try to telnet www.eternal-lands.com 2000

If that fails too, your route to the game server is blocked.

And now i am going to kill that cat, which is making strange noises at the steet down here right now!!

Piper :P

Piper

Im in a hotel for next 2 weeks, but no proxy needed to set up. (autodetect in windows LAN settings)

Many hotels do block port 2000 as some ISP's do. Partially because some internet phone systems use that port. I've had several people experience that problem which have bought my proxy service to get around it.

entao tico aparentemente o que houve é que a porta 2000 foi bloqueada no firewall, tenta logar no test server que utiliza a porta 2001.

caso consiga a unica forma de voce entrar no jogo nas proximas 2 semanas seria burlar o roteador vai proxy, e isso só atraves do learner que utiliza o endereço " proxy1.other-life.com 443" custa 5 dolares por mes.

ou seja ou voce paga 5 pratas pro learner ou fica 2 semanas sem EL.

ps: limpa a pasta de mp do forum da <TE>, nao consigo te enviar mp.

abraços

heck

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.