Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_iNvoKeD

Flux.

It'll be nearly 3 months since I was banned on the Flux char.

I know pretending to be a mod on the test server to scam someone out of main server gc's/items etc was wrong, I took the punishment.

Alot of people will detest me coming back, because generally they don't like 'scammers' - but it was out of spite of the guild, guildmaster and player involved than the greed of having the items from the player, saying that reason or not, it was still wrong.

I am just wondering if I could get the Flux character unbanned, rather than starting fresh.

I am eager to play again, 'tis a game I enjoyed.

And apologies will be made where due.

Thanks.

- I also felt it should be made public so people would know if/if I was not coming back to EL. D;

Edited by _iNvoKeD

And yet you have no problem scamming others so that they have to start fresh though.

I'm not interested. I think you should continue on the character Fierce that you made and have been on if you insist on IP hopping.

I'm not IP hopping, I was never IP Banned, just the char was.

I'm still logging in from the same place, i can give you the address in private if you'd like.

And if so be it, I can work on getting them what I owe.

And I have a dynamic IP, so that'd probably be what you're seeing, idk.

Uhm, and also, your locks and bans policy states 1 month regardless, up to me to come back and get unbanned. (I'm pretty sure you are aware of it, you are the one who wrote it D:)

And, the fact scamming IS NOT against the rules, which is... again, pretty clear, has nothing to do with it. Going by the basis of the rules I broke (Pretending to be a mod), by saying no to unbanning me is pretty, well... contradictory of what is printed clearly there. D:

Edited by _iNvoKeD

I'm well aware.

Maybe you missed the part that's for first time offenders

I am not interested. If you want to try to sweet-talk radu into it, that's your choice. I sure as heck am not unlocking anything for you.

I didn't like your attitude then and I'm not impressed now.

Well then you lost me on what point you are trying to get across.

If this keeps repeating, they will get a more serious punishment, some examples could be a 2 month ban, or possibly on a case by case basis, a perma-ban. This will apply to ALL players, no exceptions.

And by no means was this your first brush with trouble.

While basic scams themselves aren't against the rules (due to the pain in trying to enforce, and desire that players actually think), Rule #18 does specifically include "Do not attempt to hack into someone else's account or convince them to give you or others their passwords, which is what you did while impersonating a mod.

I fully support Aislinn decisions here. You do not seem to have learned what you have been doing is wrong, you have been causing trouble repeadly, and bad for the playing community!

Ref: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14582 , Rule #18

I'd like to comment here that in NO WAY did I mean to imply that the scamming was the only problem here.