Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Starlite

Reaching Cap

Well Im almost fully capped on the server, but now I think I realise why people cap and leave. Need better weapons to try instances, especially with such a small player base, would be nice to also try stronger mobs. Even IF we had manu'ers to make them, (atm only one has the level/nexus) understandably they wont part with their binding stones and fighters just arent finding any. As a fighter/trainer I dont want to to turn into a full-time harver/mixer char so boredom sets in and away we go. (Yes I have a harver/mixer char, but just do enough mixing to support my fighter char and do daritha quests) I can only pressume thats why many other also leave the server and thats a shame.

I know this was discussed recently but then the topic just seemed to die, lets try do something about it.

I agree with Star. But fighters on the PK server will never win with mixers in topics like that, where we want to bring back NPC's, buy rare stones from shop etc. That is sick. At the end only mixers are online. Its not a mixer server, its the PK server so pure fighters/PK'ers should have the last word about it.

Just my 2 cents

-Jakub

With enough players you could go hunt in groups, assuming the drops were made worth the trouble. Bulangiu-type boss monster spawning normally would make things interesting, but not if it's a needle in a haystack type of encounter.

(I left because there were rostogols on server and it got into a ridiculous altfest. Had it been max iron set, no rostos and c1 only there'd be plenty of ebul PKers.)

I'm nowhere near capped out yet, but what Star is saying is obviously true. This problem needs a real, permanent solution.

Seems like the obvious choices are:

1.return the missing NPC;s

2. significant increase in find rates of rare stones

i have yet to hear a reason not to do either of these things

(I left because there were rostogols on server and it got into a ridiculous altfest. Had it been max iron set, no rostos and c1 only there'd be plenty of ebul PKers.)

:wub:

Even IF we had manu'ers to make them, (atm only one has the level/nexus)

I believe there are several people who can mix the high-end armor/weapons. I would guess that at least the top 5 manu'ers can all mix, and 3 of them still play.

But I agree, we need a change.

I had a chat with Radu on main tonight. He does not want to manage changing the find rate on stones (involves more edits to server-specific files). But he is still willing to sell bindings through the shop. They wouldn't be cheap (so the market doesn't flood) and he suggested $5. Given that we have $1 rosts, that might be a reasonable trade-off. Make the gear more expensive, but keep protecting it cheaper.

This would suggest that the in-game price for bindings would be 25Kgc for a $5 binding since a $1 rost is typically 5Kgc. Now the price might not go that low if no one is selling shop bindings. But it should bring some downward pressure on the current 80K-90Kgc prices.

The traditional problem of shop availability is that only some people (those with paypal) benefit. But I'm coming to the point where any additional bindings (even if not generally available) would be better then the current low find rate.

And just for the record, personally, I still would prefer adjustments to the finding rates to keep it fair and in-game rather than rely on an outside source. Of course shop sales are good, so I see Radu's PoV too.

Edited by bkc56

"I believe there are several people who can mix the high-end armor/weapons. I would guess that at least the top 5 manu'ers can all mix, and 3 of them still play."

out of the top 5 :

Gizz doesent seem to play anymore

Darkguard hasnt got the nexus

Loader doesnt play (or extremely rarely)

Which leaves you and sergey and as I havent asked sergey I cant speak for him, but I know you dont want to mix and sell unless I can come up with the ings.

I would be happy to see them in the shop for $5 as Im sure some will flow through just like the rosto's do. I would be prepared to buy a couple.

The upside is that you manu'ers still get to mix them so you still get to level your very hard earned skills, I see this as a win/win situation for both sides of the coin.

**When can I buy ?

Edited by Starlite

sounds great, i'm all for it :medieval: i believe this will be a healthy change for the server.

With any luck we'll be doing some instances in the near future!!

Without wasting the time for a poll, if we can get a few more current players to check in on this we can make a decision.

I'll go for it. I may not buy many myself but with extra gc from 50k drops, I can afford to buy the armor/weapons. Piggy isn't high enough Manu to make the fancy stuff yet, but someday...

I vote for it. Bottom line we need more stones in game. Regardless of who physically buys them at the shop they will eventually trickal throughout the server either through direct sale/trade or through sale/trade of manufactured items.

Edited by Rogue34

So do we have any decision about the availability of binding stones from the shop yet? Or about the price? I would hope somwhere in the range of $3-5 each.

Edited by Starlite

So do we have any decision about the availability of binding stones from the shop yet? Or about the price?

I just connected with Radu on main and informed him of the positive "vote". His response:

"cool"

So I believe that's an official acceptance of $5 bindings from the shop. I assume with no limits since that wasn't talked about in this proposal.

He may post later after he's reviewed the thread.

Edited by bkc56