Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Skills over 100 achievement

There have been a couple concepts in the past about basing some perk or reward on having skills over level 100. It seems to me that would be a perfect application for an achievement.

Teaser: 1 skill over 100

Level 1: 3 skills

Level 2: 6 skills

Level 3: 10 skills

Of course this would need to be a retroactive one.

We could potentially have another one-time achievement (like npc tutorial or big belly) for all skills over 100, but there's no guarantee there won't be more skills in the future, so this probably isn't viable.

"Jack of All Trades" achievement with I-II-III being all skills at or over 20, 40, 60 respectively.

A replacement for that last sentence, as at this point I've yet to see anyone with every single skill at 60 or more.

----------------------------------

As for the initial suggestion, I've seen at most someone with 7 skills at the 100+ mark. While there's high-level rangers and tailors, neither skill is close to having anyone hitting 100+.

The one person I've seen with 7 skills over 100 is not going to hit 10 skills at 100 anytime this year even if they're trying.

A more reasonable proposal considering just how extremely difficult it is to get some skills to 100 would be for I-II-III to be more like 3, 6, and 8 skills respectively. Could probably count the number of people with 6 100+ skills on 1 hand, so even these numbers would be difficult to achieve.

(The first level would have to be 3 skills at least, as it's way too easy to get both a/d to 100. A 3rd skill is needed to show true player skill.)

---------------------------

[Personal stake/disclaimer] I currently have 5 100+ skills, so my suggested 3-6-8 would still leave me as a Level I, and it'll be quite a long while before I get that 6th one, much less 8 skills to that level.

JoaT, I have all skills at 40 or more, so I'm a level II for that per my suggested numbers. But that should be expected as I'm ranked #14 in the "AllAround" top 50 list on this site.

That's my disclaimer as to my personal stake in such achievements, hehe.

(Related reading: As to how difficult it would be for me to get a 6th 100+ skill, or more, I a while back calculated the costs involved in getting all my non-100 skills up to 100 excluding ranging. It'll be quite the challenge for all of them, but you can see the difficulty involved here: "The Road to 100" (entry in my EL blog))

No no no and again no, there are players (like me) that got "total privacy" ranking / stats, and won't giving out ANY! info about my stats, so hell no!

Is cowardice of some really a reason to not award those who work hard for their ranks?

Simple solution to that, privacy = along with not showing stats, privacy won't show *any* achievements either. Those truly ashamed of their stats need not have any achievements shown either.

Those not ashamed can be awarded for their blood, sweat, and mouse clicks, while the cowards are still covered.

But not allowing those who work for their skills to get "awards" due to a few being ashamed of their stats is just plain wrong.

Edited by Burn

Nice idea. I don't think privacy is an issue. If an achievement means you have three skills at 100+, people still can't tell which skills are those. Also they can't tell if your skills are 100 or 130.

I would also like to see this idea revisited.

Edited by hussam

Is cowardice of some really a reason to not award those who work hard for their ranks?

Simple solution to that, privacy = along with not showing stats, privacy won't show *any* achievements either. Those truly ashamed of their stats need not have any achievements shown either.

Those not ashamed can be awarded for their blood, sweat, and mouse clicks, while the cowards are still covered.

But not allowing those who work for their skills to get "awards" due to a few being ashamed of their stats is just plain wrong.

I think there's many people that like to show their achievements even they have privacy on. I'd rather see different command to set your achievements private or even shop bought "achievement privacy" from EL shop. Or either set achievement private when you buy "full privacy" (that sets your ranks private too) from EL shop.

I dont' see the big deal.

It's not like the achievement tells exactly what your skills are. If you get an acheive for 3 skills 100+, who can tell what skills it is? lol..

I like the idea, I really do. Maybe a little under 100 though :P maybe make it (3/6/8(9) over 60/70/80 or something of that nature.