Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

starting players view of the pk server

I was talking to another player who has been here since the beginning, we got into this discussion and I wanted to put my thoughts down here.

The pk server was great for the first 6 months because it was a pk server and people played it as that, However I playing a pker got the same issue. once you hit that lvl (cap) or close to it the pk is no longer fun.

From the PK stand point of view. the limit was great. to begin with but than you realize. wait the highest mob trainable (farmable) is the feros. after that it just cost to much to train or farm. THis limits a large portion of the game to the pker.

Now the mixer he has no caps and with 0 cool down and no such thing as same ip address changes, figures I will just create harv alts, and mixer alts and I can lvl pretty fast. so the server turned from a pk server to a mixer server with hardly any pk.

I tried to roll play with probably one of the best pkers I saw show up, Even called him radu because he was that good at working the game mechanics.

The issue has become the pk server is not a pk server it is a mixer server. Ask any of the capped chars. Capped char vs capped char pk fights don't happen because it is a waste. That was not the intent.

Now I have heard if u raise the cap or release the cap it will not have a positive affect. I say this the server is not growing it is time to try something new. Release the server of all restrictions. Allow for puchase carebear accounts. Yes it is going to be used by some pkers to have a harver that can't be killed. So be it. does it matter.

break down:

So break down standard character as it is exception 100a/d and main server pk rules.

PK char is the special char that has the bonus of no fight book no fight cap.

The carebear character, is a character that can't be pk'd anywhere and is not allowed to engage in fight with anything, he is on permanant peace day. If they want creature bits for summonging pay for another account or buy them.

I will explain it out when I am not drinking, and can make more sense. but everyone who plays daily on the pk server now are mixers, even if they were pkers. They became mixers. I don't want to here I like it the way it was from people who don't play pk but play main, or when the server grows I will play, the server will never grow with that attitude. Man up if you like the current rules start playing again, or quit saying u like the way the rules are.

NOW I got stronger than I want. BUT DARN IT I want this server to work. ONLY WAY IT WILL WORK IS IF YOU COME BACK AND PLAY or ADMIT THE RULES U DECIDED ON AS PLAYERS although good in intent DID NOT WORK. ****** IF they did the server would be growing. not down to about 10 dedicated players.

Edited by Banedon

...or, just add cooldown and fix the unbalanced equipment problems so those fights between capped fighters will no longer be, as you put it; "a waste".

Far easier and frankly a better solution than what you suggest.

Edited by Korrode

...or, just add cooldown and fix the unbalanced equipment problems so those fights between capped fighters will no longer be, as you put it; "a waste".

Far easier and frankly a better solution than what you suggest.

Anything is worth a try over what we have now. There is no player base any more, other than the few dedicated players. However if you throw the cool down in basically you have limited it completely than to desert chims as the highest animal that can be killed, and with so few of players have removed doing any of the instances.

Edited by Banedon

...or, just add cooldown...

The last big brain-storming session followed by a vote didn't see much interest in a return of cooldown:

Link - PK Server Changes - survey results

50.0% - Add cooldown and PvP experience in arenas only; make 1 or 2 no-rosto (allow drops)

18.8% - Add cooldown to all items except food (fruits, veggies)

So unless Entropy wants to overrule the player base (which he has declined to do in the past) cooldown is a dead topic (even though I was part of that 18.8% voting yes for non-food cooldown).

I've already lol'd at that poll as worthless.

See posts #2, #3 and #4 on that very thread.

edit:

oh, post #7 is best.

edit2:

I'm gonna say this one last time;

Listening to the current PK server playerbase will never increase the PK server's population. I've explained why many times before.

Edited by Korrode

I'm gonna say this one last time;

Listening to the current PK server playerbase will never increase the PK server's population. I've explained why many times before.

Yes, and it's just as pointless now as all the other times you've said it. Entropy's only comment on changes is "if the majority of the players want it...". Until/if he changes that point-of-view your (perhaps valid) comment is not applicable.

Perhaps YOU can convince Entropy to change his mind. None of us have been able to. But clearly repeating your same (and perhaps valid) comment as you have "many times before" isn't triggering any changes.

inb4 "more pplz will fix PK server!~!@.. 10 dedicated players, 20 or so plus *main maps to hide on.. reducing the PK server to only c1 wasn't even on the poll and having that amount of space is terribly redundant for a "10 dedicated player" server.

Listening to the current PK server playerbase will never increase the PK server's population

edit: Korrode knows the combat system better than anyone else who plays the game, if you want player base help him help you.

Edited by bigkav

No-one ever listens to the current PK server playerbase, so how would you know that actually listening could not increase the population... I believe that those who play a game know more about it then those who do not..

Hey guys as you know i dont get here much these days mainly because there was no pk and when there was it was boring so i went back to Evony i get to kill loads there.

I think the only person that can get this server up and running again is Ent

He enjoyed playing it back when it started and it has always had the option to be better than the first server.

Yes it still needs ajustments imo cooldown back on just rings and pots but not food. will realy help the pk side of things. maybe make some of them armours and swords available again

But what you would need is the server promoted in the right way and not left by the wayside.

If Ent had the time energy and money just a week or two spent on this server and its promotions would see the difference your are all looking for.

But as long as its owner cant be bothered with it and leaves it up to the players to promote his own server it will never change.

Guys you need to get the Boss man interested in his own server again because he and only he has the power to make this server something

just my 5 cents

Handyman

Hey guys as you know i dont get here much these days mainly because there was no pk and when there was it was boring so i went back to Evony i get to kill loads there.

I think the only person that can get this server up and running again is Ent

He enjoyed playing it back when it started and it has always had the option to be better than the first server.

Yes it still needs ajustments imo cooldown back on just rings and pots but not food. will realy help the pk side of things. maybe make some of them armours and swords available again

But what you would need is the server promoted in the right way and not left by the wayside.

If Ent had the time energy and money just a week or two spent on this server and its promotions would see the difference your are all looking for.

But as long as its owner cant be bothered with it and leaves it up to the players to promote his own server it will never change.

Guys you need to get the Boss man interested in his own server again because he and only he has the power to make this server something

just my 5 cents

Handyman

Well said

Please excuse my 2 cents.

I played a game once where it was impossible to fight someone with too great of a difference in stats.

If such a thing was in place, there would be no reason for attribute caps. It would make it so you could not fight the person. Or another option would be to use that modification with a small change where the stronger person's stats would be reduced to the maximum gap allowed.

I just figured someone might be interested in how another game handled pk. I hope it helps. Good luck with the pk server.