Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

Token system and daily chance

Token system

I don’t know if it has been mentioned in other posts or am I just off my rocker or not J

I have got this idea from playing other games

Scrap the shop as we know it and go over to a token system

3 ways of getting tokens

1 in game with game play

2 buy trading in game cold coins (can be done in the tavern replace the platinum coin) This will also be a good gold coin money sink

3 with $$ from Ent (the more you but the bigger discount)

4 Put the shop in the game to spend your tokens at. (50 tokens for 10 rosto, 300 tokens for thermal serp etc)

All the above can be tweaked

Advantages

Ent would not have to go through tonnes of emails each day

Ent would not have to keep logging in and trading with players all day

Players could get their purchases straight away and not have to wait for Ent

Token buying for $$ can be implemented in the programme so $$ purchases can be instant.

Disadvantages

I guess a loads of reprogramming (I don’t have a clue about programming)

Also Daily Chance

Each day you get an amulet which gives you a free go on a roulette wheel (you might win 5000 gold coins or 5k sulphur. Or even a pic axe (again can be tweaked)

Also make amulets buyable with Token/$$.

Players play games not just for what they get from game play but also what the game gives to them.

Mafia wars is a free game that earns tonnes of $$ from their token system and Evony is a free game that has over 50 server with their amulet system

Just some idea's

Handyman

Yeah better for suggestions forums. But the idea of getting rid of the shop as it is and replacing it with something that still makes Radu and Roja as much or more money then the current shop is an idea that I think is worth a closer look.

Like this idea, always have.

1. players can sell tokens to each other for gc removing the "i can't use paypal" whining (perhaps only a certain type of token can be traded among players that costs slightly more? limits abuse with alts dunno)

2. if you have a random chance to get a "token" every week or whatever (maybe tie in somehow with OA or skill leveling, but also like the chance thing listed above) Then you have some in storage. If you have say 5 and something costs 15 people are sure to "impulse buy" more tokens. I'm always finding myself thinking about purchasing some in the other free games like farmville, PW, and ninja warz, why not EL?

3. Being able to purchase these tokens and other shop items with an ingame menu would defiantly cause both EL membership and revenue to go up imo.

4. Specials can be offered in the shop like flowers at valentines day etc. then removed allowing some things to be cheap but still rare as they are offered only sometimes, and in off times only available from players that have them in sto. (some items might even only be offered for like a month and then not ever again or not for a very long time, giving the person that bought them a nice investment long term.)

-bots though i think should remain off this system and only purchasable through the website, perhaps there are some other items like this.

I am pretty sure if you search, you will find many instances where the token system and the ability to buy from the shop from ingame has been suggested.