Eternal Lands Official Forums
Llywar

Mini events should skip harvest cooldown

Current when harvesting high-level items the cooldown after an event is considerable - you might have to wait 10+ seconds before clicking on a harvestable item in order to resume harvesting.

If the goal is to deter afk harvesting the main point of the event should be to force a re-click. The additional wait is harmful only to those who are not afk, since the afk harvester will be past the cooldown before they even notice that harvesting has stopped.

If mini-events removed the harvest cooldown when they were triggered then it would at least take a little of the pain out of high-level items for non-afk players.

On the other hand, if a goal is to cut down harvesting of items that are way about character harvesting level then this might be undesirable. I'm not sure this should be a goal, however - it is VERY hard to get your harvest levels up so I'm not sure it should be the same as other skills where you are basically prevented from going much above level.

Whilst this seems a good idea, it might be that there is no way to deactivate it for "some" harvesting and not all, so dont be surprised if its NOT possible. I know it's currently impossible to turn off mini events completely for one specific harvestable item (such as hydro), so I wouldnt be surprised if doing this would also prove unfeasible as well.

The only solution I see right now is getting a higher harvesting level. AFAIK harvest cooldown is less when your harv level is higher.

I noticed there was a second cooldown but it appears to be irrelevant of the item. It's the same for blue star flowers, coal or seridium here.

If the goal is to deter afk harvesting the main point of the event should be to force a re-click. The additional wait is harmful only to those who are not afk, since the afk harvester will be past the cooldown before they even notice that harvesting has stopped.
How is the wait harmful? I'm not sure how the wait deters afk harvesting either, or why you would think that was the goal. (the wait was in place way before this all came up about afk harvesters/gc farmers anyway).

If mini-events removed the harvest cooldown when they were triggered then it would at least take a little of the pain out of high-level items for non-afk players.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the plan when the mini cooldown was put in. It was supposed to be "in addition to" not "instead of". Sounds like just another attempt to negate the point of the mini events.

it is VERY hard to get your harvest levels up so I'm not sure it should be the same as other skills where you are basically prevented from going much above level.
How do you figure? Click and repeat. No mixing, no strategy, no thought.(most people who have the highest harv levels did it way before these high level harvest items even were ingame, it's easier than ever now to level harvest skill) People harvest for resources for other projects, not to "go much above level" unless it's to be able to get a resource they need. Doesn't it make sense it's easier for a level 100 harvest person to get dung than a level 50? And what is preventing you that didn't prevent the others? :D