Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardElric

Many Improvements

Ok, I played this game for a while, and came up with a bunch of improvements that i think would make the game look way better.

1. add some life to the game, get some non-attackable creatures to make the game feel not so dull. And add some life to the characters. the problem i see is, no matter what you do you always have this perfect posture, and i think that kinda sucks.

2. For fighting, here is the biggest of my ideas. Take away the engagements. take away diss rings(of course). Add a run button, take away the run potions, have the run drain your food as normal, maybe make a atribute that increases your run speed.

3. Magic. The magic system really needs some improvements. add some AOE's, add a paralize spell or somthing, give all the spells a bit better animation.

All of these ideas i think would make th game way better, if done right, anyone agree with me?

Ok, I played this game for a while, and came up with a bunch of improvements that i think would make the game look way better.

1. add some life to the game, get some non-attackable creatures to make the game feel not so dull. And add some life to the characters. the problem i see is, no matter what you do you always have this perfect posture, and i think that kinda sucks.

2. For fighting, here is the biggest of my ideas. Take away the engagements. take away diss rings(of course). Add a run button, take away the run potions, have the run drain your food as normal, maybe make a atribute that increases your run speed.

3. Magic. The magic system really needs some improvements. add some AOE's, add a paralize spell or somthing, give all the spells a bit better animation.

All of these ideas i think would make th game way better, if done right, anyone agree with me?

1 Unicorns

2 Speed Kills

3) I think there are already plans in the works for magic

First sight of these

Improve your title

Improve your searching skills

I haven't searched yet however my memory recalls these too many times

Each time I see thread titled "Many Improvements", "Awesome Idea", "GREAT IDEA", "READ IT!!!!!!", "SOME FABULOUS IDEA", and the like I know I will have some entertainment reading them. I'm not completely satisfied, yet. Should be ok by this time tomorrow.

Each time I see thread titled "Many Improvements", "Awesome Idea", "GREAT IDEA", "READ IT!!!!!!", "SOME FABULOUS IDEA", and the like I know I will have some entertainment reading them.

It seems the quality of the idea is often inversely proportional to the degree of self-promotion (and the use of caps). I know it's a pain, but it really is a good idea for new folks to read through the first 5 or so pages of suggestions to see what's already been talked about in the last few months. Search is better but requires at least a +5 Potion of Searching to aid in obtaining useful results.

1. Variation would be good. You can go about this in two different ways. Would this be client side only (i.e. see your own "life of the character" or will it require server changes? You mean things like jumping/yawning/waving etc? I think many of these have been done before, and they are unfortunately very low on the to-do section. Unless of course, there's these would be like a P2P feature and people will pay $ to use them.

And as for things like the unicorn, yes more of these would be nice - not just unicorns but different life forms. Dogs and cats and a flying friendly dragon in Idaloran ;D

2. Tbh you're probably on the right track. It will make hit and run a great tool - but because this means that there is no engagement, running away would be easier (e.g. because there is no engagement - you can just click on a telering to escape). This means less deaths, less rosto usage and therefore decreasing the amount of income from the game, so I doubt this idea will develop further. What you've suggested about the run button has been suggested before but under stamina for running which imo is a great idea. Not many people use the running potion and it would be a shame since running in EL has been a wet dream for many players for so long (like range :icon13: and horses :icon4:)

3. I could have sworn the Magic system has been "under review" for like...4+ years now :) There may be some new additions though...as there are currently 10 sigils left in the sigils box and so far the most complex of spells use 4 out of a maximum 6 sigils. I hope that whatever the case may be, any new additions acknowledge that mages (yes there are mages ingame that aren't uber fighters) usually have below average emu and can't carry much st00f not to mention the uberlicious MI spell :whistle:

Instead of just suggesting we screw the engagement system, why not outline your idea for a replacement?

@mods

oi.

my 'lol' spoke volumes -,-

obviously, it's required i be more specific;

EL's battle engagement system is paramount to the combat system as a whole.

With KF being ND especially, ensuring melee combat is not so easy to escape is vital to retaining 'risk' and keeping PvP combat enjoyable.

EDIT:

Further elaboration;

As Shujral said, your idea and it's specifics need outlining before i'd offer any support.

Edited by Korrode