Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrfancypants

EL PK server Forum (unofficial)

I for one have only been playing on the pk server for about..... a week maybe, and to tell you the truth, it awesome :) Almost everyone here is nice, the invasions are by far THE best i have ever been in. Ranging from wolves,boars,brownies,foxes,and deers, to falcons,goblins, fluffy rabbits, and orcs. No matter what, there is always somewhere, for a new or experienced player to go and train.

So, i figure make a forum solely dedicated to the PK server, to get more people to come play. To have possibly a more attractive color sceme, to get more people interested. To have things more played out, so information on this server can be more easily accessed.

So, with all that said, come take a look at this forum, its all about PK server, and you could learn a lot here. We promise its good, come to the dark side ;)

Unofficial PK Server Forum

I'm willing to accept it. The forum category here is plenty for our needs so far, but I'm sure we can find a lot to discuss that would be pointless for the whole EL community to sift through.

My one concern is that the rest of EL doesn't think we are hiding anything from them. There have been complaints about the existence of a PK server right from the start, and everyone should be made welcome.

Maybe for your forum the one requirement would be a PK account to post messages but readable by anyone?

Yes, The entire forum is readable by everyone, and certain sections are solely dedicated for PK, and non PK people to post on what they think the PK server is about. So, this is like a place for everyone to go to learn more about the PK server, the good and the bad.

Yes, The entire forum is readable by everyone, and certain sections are solely dedicated for PK, and non PK people to post on what they think the PK server is about. So, this is like a place for everyone to go to learn more about the PK server, the good and the bad.

Better to talk about the PK server here, thats why this section of the forums was created.

but here, theres 3 sections...... PK guilds/events/market. and everything else is all sdgjsdigbdibgidfbg. Its hard to find a post, so, if you ahve a forum only for PK server events, and hits more on what all is in pk, or pro's con's about it, there is a bigger chance that more people will come over, which is our ultimate goal.

but here, theres 3 sections......
Personally, I prefer (and enforce on any forums I manage) fewer sub-sections and only split them when there's a demonstrated need (like several posts per day). I've found that when we try and create all sorts of sub-sections we think are needed, many of them turn out to be totally un-used.

But the number of sub-groups doesn't matter that much if it's easy to read just the new posts (since your last visit), and if there's a useful search function.

I rather use the unofficial forums PK server sections, which i already know alot of PK server people use or at least read. (See my siggy for a link to those forums)

And for all the basics, this forum is enough.

So, i figure make a forum solely dedicated to the PK server, to get more people to come play. To have possibly a more attractive color sceme, to get more people interested. To have things more played out, so information on this server can be more easily accessed.

So, with all that said, come take a look at this forum, its all about PK server, and you could learn a lot here. We promise its good, come to the dark side :P

Unofficial PK Server Forum

It is my way of seeing things, the more forums you have the harder it is to find information. When I started gathering information on the blog http://eternallandspk.blogspot.com/ I was trying to reduce to a minimum the concentration of information in an un-official web site, but i made it because there was no place with the differences specific to the PK Server, you can read it and locate information easily.

If you want to post about anything relating EL's PK Server you can come to the Official Forums, because the more posts we have here the better, as it is the forum with more visitors.

If you want to call other people's attention you need to use a place that they visit often and have active posts daily. Even having only 3 sub-section on the PK Section we sometimes have days that no one posts and the forum has a low visibility.

If we start creating un-official forums, just because we can, less people will read it, as the information will be scattered in different sites and some won't know where, others won't bother with reading half a dozen sites everyday.