Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Ants

Ants are so fun can you make it so they do other skills like Magic or something? and interact with NPC's?

How about an ant being a Lucky dip ant that goes around like the rest training skills but picks up everything in a bag they see (till its full) then when someone goes up to it and shouts "LUcky dip" it drops a random object that its picked up :D:D:D

[playername] found a joker and won an ant ;-)

Btw,sorry about being nasty to ant 154, but when he jumped on my bag the line "ant_154 #suicide" almost typed itself ;-)

You may want to lock out "#kill me yes" as an instruction as I presume that would also get an obliging response ;-)

Guest Toyminator

There is only one way to find out! *Makes massive chars and tries #kill me_yes #kill_me_yes #kill_me yes*

I like killing the Ants by summoning creatures. Then I take their stuff. Then I wait for them to get out of hell and I summon another creature to kill them. That is fun. You might want to fix it.

Me

The Ants are busy leveling and I still need to get them to learn when they should or shouldn't attack. I have just taught them to eat, so they will be able to start healing, and in the mean time they are leveling as wel (most on the new server are around 12/12/ right now).

This is still a lot more to do with them (auto equip, heal, call for help, etc). In the mean time, feel free to kill them with either summoned animals or in PK areas like KF where there Anthill is on the new Server currently.

The Anthill is the location where they go after they are done gathering to drop their stuff. Its a location not an object. All of the Ants on one Server all work with the same Anthill location, so their stuff can sometimes build up. Often you'd find junk there, but on the older server, people kept raiding it to get summoning items. With it in KF, the Ants don't get there often until the level more.

The Ant eating logic has been fixed and they rarely get confused now. They also are auto Equiping when they pick up wearable wieldable items and picked up a little bit more smarts ina couple areas.

Now I need to get them to estimate if that can take a animal/monster/player as well as gathering their own food instead of bags only.

Figurative, I used dwarfs dressed in all black. It's the closest I could get to a black ant without special support from Entropy.

If you would take the time to play you might even be able to say something intelligent for once.

the ants r great i saw 1 with leather pants on the test server. What did i do kill it 3 times till it dropped the pants :P .

Thats part of the fun in the Ants, later on they will learn to hold a grudge for a while or call for help when your attacking one.

They don't do it yet, and I'm planning on making sure that even if you get them mad, it won't be forever. Thats all part of trying to make them more dynamic.

Now if only they would do their own pickpoints ... takes a while to do them for 20 ants!

The Ants now are doing their own pickpoints usage except they will not automatically take Perks yet. This will make running them much easier ... was hard trying to keep using up the pickpoints on 20 Ants!

Now for Harvest ... so they can feed themselves!

It seems I'm the first person in this forum to say something like this... but I find the ants VERY annoying. And I'm not the only one. Some of my friends agree with me. They are running around, with no common sence or even politeness... they steal kills... they look like idiots running around, seemingly not able to find where they are going... when I get around one or two my server lags incredibly (And I don't wanna hear that it's my video card or my net connection my FPS is NORMALLY in AT LEAST the high 90's). What it amounts to, in my and a friend's opinion, is that you have made "Legal" bag jumpers. What if there is an ant around and someone accidently clicks off the bag they're standing on? What's to prevent the ant from grabbing that person's bag?? If they do end up stealing thing, is the person who created the program going to pay for what they stole? And yes, it IS stolen. I know I'm not the only person that feels this way, but I'm not sure how many people agree with me.

In short, my opinion... Send all the ants to hell and not let them be able to get out.

The ants are the best, if your looking for an easy 30 or so gc go to the anthill and there you go. I think it would be cool to make the ants NPC's that walk around it just makes the game more fun