Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aphistolas

Invasions/NDD.

Hello all,

I’m writing today to ask the question; why the heck haven’t I seen a No Drops Day and Invasion recently? I recall having them weekly before, but now I cannot remember participating in one since before the Christmas period.

Admittedly, I’ve been playing EL for a bit less this past week or so, but even then I thought something would be going on. And I’m not referring to the automatic invasions, as a guildie has informed me we had one of those two days ago.

I see a lot of people have grown sick of these days, but I don’t quite understand why. Here are the main arguments against I’ve come across:

Point one – It throws off hunters and makes gathering ingredients from animals obviously impossible.

Firstly, with all due respect, I’d like to point out there are six other days in a week. That’s 144 hours. Say you sleep for 8 hours a day, that’s 96 hours a week you have of your own free time. Now, let’s assume everyone in EL works the standard 9-5, with weekends off, that’s 35 hours a week working, which leaves you with 61 hours to do as you please. It’s impossible to factor in every variable. Let’s be very unkind and say you only play EL for 30 minutes a day. That leaves you 210 minutes to prepare for the Saturday/Sunday invasion, assuming you log on part way through those events. Although I think this number is a little low, it is adequate in my opinion.

My overall solution to this problem would be to make the NDD/Invasion biweekly. This would increase the time for preparations, and wouldn’t be such a big nuisance (as it was previously) to others.

Point two – Days for non-fighters would be nice, too...

I’m not saying there’s anything bad about these days. Although my skills are pretty low, I guess you could call me an all-rounder, I enjoy the Day of Joule, or Scholars Day as much as the next crafter/manufactuer/summoner/potionist/etc.

But I do also enjoy a good fight, as many people do. Like it or not, combat is a very important part of Eternal Lands, and either way there is nothing that can be done that will please BOTH parties. My only real ‘solution’ for this would be to have the events oscillate monthly, i.e. NDD/Invasion twice a month for one month, manufactures day ‘s the next month.

I know we have the contests now, but I’d prefer both a NDD and an invasion at the same time. That way, I can choose whether I want to lend a hand with the Portland Goblins, VotD Phantoms, or just go fluffy hunting with friends in Grubani Peninsula. I’d also like an ‘assured’ NDD invasion at least once every couple of months, but then that’s my own preference I’m not sure if anyone shares that view

There have been No Drops Day and Invasion lately.

Short before I log off have I sometimes seen the message - We will have an invasion in 2 hours.

But it's after midnight here so I have to log off.

And sometimes are few monsters left when I log on in the morning and do #il.

This morning 1 left.

The same with NDD and other special days, they are all too late for me.

So I think we live at the wrong timezone.

Theres been an invasion or NDD challenge of some sort every week for ages now, especially since yule,

but i suppose you have to be logged in to see it lol

* edit * and about point two - there was more than 3 hours of Joule day this last sunday :hehe: which was earnt as part of an invasion challenge IIRC

Edited by Ateh

Yeah, umm I dont understand this community sometimes :hehe: .

First off, Radu has been giving days to non fighters. So pls get your facts straight.

2nd off, Invasions and NDD's are pr0 for economy. More fights = more essesences used; more armors broke; more pots used; more rings used; more summon stones used; etc. That eventually means more business for the non fighters. Wtf!? Why do peopel complain about these days? Tell me how a non fighter can not be benefiting from this?

Wtf do some people have to complain?

I do understand Zamirah's point of time differences. Im lucky enuff to live in a time zone where I do benefit from most of the days and invasions and such. But you also have to look at this from Radu's point of view. Obviously he's busy IRL. He's gonna do these days and such when its convenient for him which I dont blame him, i would do the same. But it would be cool to see it spread out to different time zones.

Edited by Kidberg

That's another good point I didn't take into consideration, non-fighters must be benefiting from these days, however slight, as more essences/potions/etc. will be consumed, creating a bigger demand for them.

@Ateh: I've seen invasion challenges, but none lately that have had the NDD/invasion reward.

Edited by Aphistolas

Thats because when its NDD all the high level fighters that like to PK (which is most of them), go PK...

If there's an invasion happening on NDD, nothing from m.chim up gets killed cause most people capable of killing them go and PK.

Many of us love to PK, we like it a lot more than fighting invasion creatures.

So Radu changed the system, for the better imo.

Now we get an invasion on a normal day, and if we kill everything in the allocated time, we get 3 hours of NDD where we can go and just PK if we want, and hear no complaints from anyone about it. (cause the way it used to be where this weeks NDD invasion effected next weeks, the PK'ers got complained at for not helping in invasion).

The invasion yesterday was great Radu! ty.

Having a few yeti and cockatrice on many maps worked really well, gave the opportunity for some of us a bit under their levels to get together and go gang them, was good fun.

Zamirah's point about timezones affects me too, would be great if u changed the time around a bit each weekend :P