Eternal Lands Official Forums

I don't like the idea of any traps staying in deathbags. It lessens the pain of dying significantly. There are rostogols stone for this purpose. In case of death the bag should stay 'nameless' and blow up (IF) no matter who uses it.

If you want your bag safe, use hyperkeys or do not use bags at all. Although I dislike bagjumpers as the vultures of the worst kind, I agree with Vanyel, that bagjumping is here for a reason.

Or make the device expensive, like 10-20kgc, so only bags which are worth it can deserve some protection.

I dont think these suggestions will eliminate or are intended to eliminate bag jumping. The biggest problem with bag jumping, imho, is that if you are bag jumped, there is nothing you can do about it. This makes bag jumping a crime of no consequences. Bag jumpers should be able to get away with Bag jumping sometimes, but the Bag jumpee should be able to extract some form of revenge, sometimes.

I dont think these suggestions will eliminate or are intended to eliminate bag jumping. The biggest problem with bag jumping, imho, is that if you are bag jumped, there is nothing you can do about it. This makes bag jumping a crime of no consequences. Bag jumpers should be able to get away with Bag jumping sometimes, but the Bag jumpee should be able to extract some form of revenge, sometimes.

Yeah, absolutely.

How i understand this thread, its not to eliminate bag jumping, but to spice it up.

Of course, you shouldnt use bags as a storage replacement. Put something in a bag, expect to lose it.

But its a little bit too easy to make a bag jumper char. Even if you make just a char, jump on a bag and let it poof, just to annoy others.

Thats why blodoks PK idea is nice, no bagjumping without any risk. (btw, come to the PK server, there is only honest bag jumping :) )

Thats why the idea of an explosive device is nice, a heavy one with a chance to fail. For example, you get PKed, you leave a last farewell for your enemy in your DB. Which might kill him, and then lets see who is faster to get the DB back. So even weaker ppl have the chance to kill strong PKers and PKers might be even more careful before they open a bag.

That are new options, which still allow bagjumping and still make it risky to drop stuff in a bag, but it would spice up bagjumping.

Piper

We had bombers in PK. Now we will have kamikaze with bombs in their inventories. Can't work.

Edited by Vanyel

Good in one way bad in another. If u can attack only high lvl players will have use for this. Lets say that a lvl 80/80 bagjumpes a lvl 40/40. Then the lvl 40 would not have a chance to "slap" the bjer. But if lvl 40 bjumps 80 he would die. It is a bit unfair that lvl affects the consequense of something bad done.

We had bombers in PK. Now we will have kamikaze with bombs in their inventories. Can't work.
"Terrorist suicide"? :)

My name is Achmed, I'm a terrorist. A terrifying terrost :hug:

I agree with Vanyel for all the reasons mentioned. Bag bombs would be troublemaking toys for malicious people, and they are not needed because mixers can use hyperbags or mix at storage.

But if that's just not good enough, and you really, really want to booby-trap your mixing bag, I would say the device should be (1) very heavy, (2) very expensive, (3) be defusable with another very, very expensive item, (4) come with a warning, so that anyone who steps on a bag will get a warning that it is rigged to explode if tampered with, so they can step off again without risk to themselves.

I also don't like the original "picking up someone else's bag makes you PK-able to them" idea. It would be bad for people who are saving someone's harv bag or DB -- it would be punishing a good deed. You can't just attach a heavy penalty to ANY bag on the ground because picking up a bag is not always bagjumping, and a person shouldn't get punished for doing something good or neutral.

That said, however, I do agree that EL needs more consequences for negative actions. EL makes us pay for good gear with high cost and heavy emu. It makes us pay for convenience by running high risks. If EL officially allows bagjumping, then BJers should have to pay for their loot by running some kind of risk, too. But I don't like either of the ideas here.

Maybe we need some kind of a "legal system" to punish acts that are allowed in the game but are still "crimes" (like BJing). Like, maybe you could pay a fee to Aluwen's priestess for a charm that you can keep in your inventory, and if anyone but you tries to takes something from it, they have a chance of being teleported to one of the game's jails/dungeons (randomly), which they can't leave for up to 5 minutes. Or use a charm from Mortos to send the BJer to a random PK map. But such charms should still come with a warning that the bag is protected by a god -- like the curses on Egyptian tombs -- so only hardcore BJ criminals will run the risk. (And of course, the person who puts that charm in their bag will be giving up the ability to have a friend save their DB for them.)

(edited because of crazy auto-smilies)

Edited by peino

Lol blodoks, you want to make this game really powerfull, but my opinion is that a game without bagjump is nothin:D or it's borring!

I don't think, that the consequences of being an outlaw are not severe. You can be blacklisted from bots, players may not sell nor even communicate with you. You cannot join a guild you want to. You may object, that this applies only to those cases with overwhelming evidence, but hell, innocent until proven guilty. But it's all up to players and their responsibility to colect evidence and be cautious. The system itself cannot do that for you.