Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Straw Poll II

Straw Poll II  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What areas should be safe on the PK server

• Just IP outsides and C1/C2 underworld (as it is now)
    • The above plus IP-Insides and C1/C2 portal rooms
    • The above plus all insides
    • The above plus all coastal cities
    • The above plus all walled cities
    • The above plus all docks

yeh same as it is now, but maybe with a safe storage or 2 and docks should be safe imo, coz wen i get 40 a/d i can be attacked in 5 secs, and takes me ages to loads some maps lol, especially WS

Typically people will select the choice closest to what they want rather than go unheard.

In any event, I figure that Entropy will either make an executive decision (perhaps taking this poll into account, perhaps not), or, he'll make a much simpler final poll of perhaps two choices (based on the results of this one). If you didn't like the multiple choices presented here perhaps you'll prefer those Entropy provides.

Guess not lol.

As I said before, and Logger said again, we just need 1 safe storage for trading, and maybe a 15sec non-att after map change. WS Loading takes me ages too :) .

My suggestions for safe areas:

IP and it's insides (well, why not? :) )

Both underworlds and Idaloran graveyard (so you can safely die)

Whitestone docks for technical reasons (It is damn big map, takes almost 15 seconds to load for me at first time, and it is only exit from IP)

Safe city and storage for ones coming straigh from IP: Portland city and it's insides

Other safe city and storage: Tarsengaard and it's insides (not magic school)

Two safe cities and storages on c2: Palon vertas and Irsis and their insides

Thus the both continents have their safe "n00b city" and "pr0 city" :P

And for not being safe:

Nordcarn city (wolf spawns)

Idaloran city (Irsis is straigh from Idaloran, and Idaloran city has good flowerharvestingplaces as well)

Portal rooms (why should travelling be safe? there are teleport rings for it)

Everything else.

What do you think?

I want to change my vote after actually PLAYING pk server for a while now i want there to be NO safe zones it will be to easy for people to run with all these safe zones you can easily avoid the Pk areas for a large amount of time if you need will not make server very fun...

I want to change my vote after actually PLAYING pk server for a while now i want there to be NO safe zones it will be to easy for people to run with all these safe zones you can easily avoid the Pk areas for a large amount of time if you need will not make server very fun...

But u can't train without going to pk areas.

So Entropy,

What's the final decision on this? We're running out of time for an "official" poll if the wipe happens as scheduled. What's the safe-zone configuration going to be?

I like that even a trade at storage would be a risk, even though you would keep items in storage in safety. What I would like though is an extension of the safety time. Some maps for me take 10-20 seconds to load, even more. By which time I cannot change boat. Then again docks aren't always the safest places either, in fantasy :pirate:

Yep :D

For me the 10 seconds (it will be increased to 15 or already has dunno) is enough to load any map. Sometimes it takes longer for a map to load, then I could be killed but thats just on rare occasions when my pc is still starting up or something like that.

I don't know if its possible but a delay of 10 secs is good for any map that loads relatively fast. So if the delay could be changed to 15 or even 20 secs for maps such as White Stone that would be perfect. (fair for everyone while there wont be too long delay times on the smaller maps, insides)

thanks for reading! :pirate:

pro

Sorry all, I wasn't trying to re-open the discussion on this topic. I just wanted to find out what Entropy's final decision is going to be given that the official start of the PK server is suppose to be "now" (plus or minus a few hours, ok, well only plus I guess :pirate: ).

the 10-15 seconds is supposed to be for movement. For me to get that the time would have to be extended to 30 seconds. Unless the way it worked was changed to 10 seconds from the moment you move :pirate: