bkc56

Straw poll

Straw poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should you gain a/d experience from PK/PVP

• Yes - almost anything goes on the PK server
    • No - it gives players with alts an advantage
    • Other - I'll post another choice/idea

This is not an official poll, and there is no reason to expect these results to have any effect on the PK server.

On the first day the PK server was on-line, the topic came up about the use of alts for PVP and if that would give people with alts an unfair training advantage over people without alts. It would be to easy to go fine a spot to hide and PVP with an alt. There was some on-line discussion and Entropy indicated in might be a topic for a poll.

The idea was suggested that if no experience was given for PK activities (and therefore also PVP) it would fix this issue. One view stated that the experienced gained in PK is not much compared to training, so the small loss wouldn't be that significant.

The purpose of this thread is to give people and opportunity to debate the question and share ideas. As seen with the attribute cap poll, the voting changed between the first poll and the second after discussion had taken place. So consider this the "first poll that doesn't count" where people can get all their thoughts out.

Thoughts to consider:

* Is the use of an alt in training a unfair advantage?

* Is that OK anyway (after all, they paid an extra $5 for the alt)?

* Should alt-based PVP be restricted?

* Is no experience for PK/PVP the right way to fix this (if it needs fixing)?

* Is there another solution that might work better (for example: you can't engage with anyone from the same IP address)?

Since this poll is unofficial, there's no time-limit on it, so please feel free to hold off voting until some discussion has taken place.

If pvp gains no exp, 95% of maps will go unused.

I think that it should be agianst rules to train with alt.

But if moderating is a problem, maybe it can be built

into the server to not allow same IP combat.

But all other multiplay should be allowed.

--So 3rd option.

----- if your attributes are spent properly, Alt training makes leveling WAY to easy!!!

Edited by SL7yz0r

Personally I think you should get exp for pvp however, I don't understand why we're allowed multiple chars to interface with eachother. It can and will most likely be "abused". We're not allowed this on main server, why on PK?

I don't understand why we're allowed multiple chars to interface with eachother. It can and will most likely be "abused". We're not allowed this on main server, why on PK?
Because the only way to catch such abuse is with moderators watching logs for such activity. I assume no one wants to moderate the PK server, so instead of making a rule that won't be enforced, the rule was removed.

And yes, alts are a HUGE advantage. They allow for fast generation of gc to buy stuff (faster than a single char can do by itself), as well as other things (like the topic of this thread).

It sure can be a problem I think, won't say I won't use the oppertunity though.

I can only suggest getting yourself a alt, to do some harving/mixing for you. I think there isn't the manpower to put same level of moderation there.

Reason I want nexus stones gone, 50 hydro is nothing if 4 chars work together.

I was prepared to post a similar poll.

If exp from PvP is allowed, then people will just PvP with their alts or friends in some cave and in a few days they can be level 50 a/d.

I really, really don't think it is a good idea to allow it. Besides, in normal PK, how much exp do you get? Not much. Most of the exp is obtained from fighting mobs.

P.S. BTW, this is not an issue about alts, it's an issue in general. Even if you PvP with a friend, that's a lot of exp in a short time, and I don't think that's good.

Oohh. How about allow exp from pvp in arenas, there is another resource to fight over then =D

Besides, with the whole world PK, might as well put the arenas to use.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Oohh. How about allow exp from pvp in arenas, there is another resource to fight over then =D

Besides, with the whole world PK, might as well put the arenas to use.

Nice idea

More resources (not in quantity but in type) equals more strategy.

So far I see resources that people will fight over as storages, harvest points, and monster spawns.

Making the unused arenas give exp in pvp would add another.

Is this a possibility Ent?

Edited by SL7yz0r

i havnt voted yet because i realy aint sure but the idea of a few arenas as pvp points is good as it might bring in siege systems to the game with guilds fighting over these points for faster lvlingwould be nice

and the worry of ppl having alts for pvp with each other is worrying as they could be a perfect match for each other all the way to lvl 100 but at the same time it must be boring as hell for them

i havnt voted yet because i realy aint sure but the idea of a few arenas as pvp points is good as it might bring in siege systems to the game with guilds fighting over these points for faster lvlingwould be nice
Just be aware that the idea about arenas has nothing to do with this poll and should not be a consideration in you voting.

Just be aware that the idea about arenas has nothing to do with this poll and should not be a consideration in you voting.

which is why i havnt voted

Edited by macca

Not sure , and I am not planning to use any alts...

It can be a kind of strategy, find a couple friends "allies" in PK server, PvP get stronger and search and find

"enemies" alts or not who PvP and bring troubles to their leveling

In the end , what it matters is the time someone spends on his/her char(s)

I voted "No" yesterday cause maybe it would be a great advantage for players with alts

but some players maybe paid for alts having in mind this advantage too

It's easier to "organize" PvP with yourself , but evryone can find a PvP partner and has some friends from

main , so everyone can take PvP exp

well all this to tell "I am not sure , whatever..." :wub:

It would see discussion has stopped, so I'm going to consider this poll finished with a slight lead (51%) that pvp/pk would NOT give experience. As I said above, this is non-binding and Entropy may not follow the poll results, but at least people had an opportunity to have their say.

It would see discussion has stopped, so I'm going to consider this poll finished with a slight lead (51%) that pvp/pk would NOT give experience. As I said above, this is non-binding and Entropy may not follow the poll results, but at least people had an opportunity to have their say.

Normally it has been that it should get 2/3 of votes, that Ent would change something. So I think that won't happen.