Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

With 48 in p/c/w/v would I have 240 hp without COL, 384 mana, 48 thoughness, I think I would still be hard to kill - at least I will have mana for many restores.

And get much better xp because of the will, so maybe it will not make a big difference from now ?

Zamiriah is absolutly right. With that many Hitpoints and mana even dragons are not out of reach for a high A/D player. Fights between all levels will last much longer making it more fun for everyone. This will make also a mage/summoner type fighter more important. There has been many suggestions on forums over the years by people who would want this type of Mage charater to be effitive in a fight. Not just get hit once or twice and die. Fights between equal a/d will be long and hard. Lots of broken armors, startagey will play a much bigger role. And makes a lot more cominations for fighters. Not ever one will be 40P 20W/V and 100+ Cooridination.

Fight will definately take longer :bow_arrow:. You'll need to do 6300hp damage to Zamirah, that is if she doesn't drink any sr/emp during the battle lol. With 48 might, and the nowadays armor, well, youll have to go to bed, before you done the job I think.

That is what I have been thinking also. Which will make team work, summoning, mages, engineers, archers (in the future) much more effitive. Maybe even nesseciary to win. With a emu cap, there will be a limit on how long a fight can last, buring through 500 HE and 50 emps a fight should make all the harvesters and mixers happy. The crafters will be happy from all the Damage RIngs, Mana rings, etc. Summoners will finaly fell like they belong in a fight again. Mages with 48 Instict,will and Vitality will be casting there butts off. Engineers invisable setting traps. I see a lot of potential. Even folks with much lower A/D will be able to feel like they can particiapate in a fight with much stonger people. The Fights will be long and epic. The first one to run out of essces in there inventory will most likely be the loser. BOD and SOM will become very popular wepons. It would be a huge change to the game. It most certainly would make the pk side of the game much different then it is currently

Where do PK points fit in? How do you get them? Does it require whole guilds to go after 1 player to get them? I am not high enough to get points yet but I am pretty close. Medallion of Life + Crown of Life, +48 will and phys = 300 health and the best you can get is a 48 might. Sounds like it will be just as impossible to kill the high level players after the cap as it is before the cap. What is the point?

TirunCollimdus

With 48 in p/c/w/v would I have 240 hp without COL, 384 mana, 48 thoughness, I think I would still be hard to kill - at least I will have mana for many restores.

And get much better xp because of the will, so maybe it will not make a big difference from now ?

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

The pickpoints people have won't dissapear. 384 Mana chars will be kinda commen, and will be impossible to kill since the max might you have is 48.

Will anyone be able to kill anyone without items of 'death' or the rings that do massive damage and massive mana drain? Health and might limited while mana goes through the roof. My first post is so long because I tried to cover every part of the argument I could think of but this is something else. It will be bad enough that so many people will be forced to retreat to lower level monsters for training but what about PK with this situation for PK? Is this really good for anyone? How?

TirunCollimdus

PS Read each paragraph of my first post seperately instead of the whole thing at once. :bow_arrow:

Tirun

I personly think this is a good thing for all the lower level fighters. It will be great for the manufatures/potters/mixers. Long fights will mean more broken stuff. Lots of potions (accuracy and envasion pots especialy) It will give the lower level fighters/mages a standing chance in a fight. Like I said before, there is lttle fun in fighting a fight that only lasts a few seconds. Would be a lot of fun to fight for 10-20 mins. The summoners can burn through those rare ELE, EME EDE. I belive a lot more people will get together to team up on tough mobs. I think it would benifit everyone. There would be a bigger demand for all items. Especily armors, Mirror /BP cloaks. Rings and medalions. Great Swords..Special wepons. and invisablitly/Envasion/accuracy pots

Haven't voted yet, however I do like the idea of a cap. Haven't decided is 48 is to low/high though.

One big bonus is some more fighting perks actually being usefull.

And what if someone has negged up to get to high p/c? would you wipe the negs? (I haven't, just a thought)

~kGn

Yes from me. :bow_arrow:

Even though I'm negged up and have ebul coord, plus got 1 hydro nexus. It's a much needed change and I think it would make the game more fun. :bow_arrow:

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

The pickpoints people have won't dissapear. 384 Mana chars will be kinda commen, and will be impossible to kill since the max might you have is 48.

Will anyone be able to kill anyone without items of 'death' or the rings that do massive damage and massive mana drain? Health and might limited while mana goes through the roof. My first post is so long because I tried to cover every part of the argument I could think of but this is something else. It will be bad enough that so many people will be forced to retreat to lower level monsters for training but what about PK with this situation for PK? Is this really good for anyone? How?

TirunCollimdus

PS Read each paragraph of my first post seperately instead of the whole thing at once. :icon13:

A big problem that cooldown introduced is that the SRs had too much cooldown. Combined with a low Toughness:Might ratio it made fights very short. I believe the cooldown was intended for people to have much more balanced attributes, and adding a cap would enable people to do so without getting pwned by ebul-coord-players (like me :P )

I don't know what to say or vote for really... I am not liking the poll so far..

Why not just a simple "no" also? I am not an immature baby, voting that would just piss you off (to a degree I understand your view).

But as most people, capping it would really stink for people who like the harvest, I know that most arn't even at 800, but still... SOME are... and I plan to have 1000+ emu sometime.

As TC said, some items weigh 10emu, although this doesn't affect me atm, it could later.

Now, adjusting harvestables weight could be a suggestion, but I am not sure how the eco would do with that.

From what I see, this is more based on what the pkers think... I know pkers break items, use items, and other things, but this will effect everyone...

Like I said, I am no where near capping... but what will a mixer/harvester do with Vitility? PP totally wasted... This could FORCE mixers/harvesters to pk when they have reached the cap of their "special attribute". And some of us just didn't join this game to pk or fight... sorry.

CAPS are normally bad for a game, it limits people. People who become the "best" quit, as there is nothing for them to do. This allows other people to get higher I guess, but when they reach the cap, then what? I'll just assume you'll raise the cap...

{edit}

Could there possibly be a way when you enter a pk map, that only the 48 of each attribute works? Locking anything over it? I mean it's mainly based toward pkers, right? Or does that even deserve a discussion?

It's not just for PKers, though mostly so fighters don't get imbalanced stats. Mixers could benifit from increasing reason/will for more exp though. :)

Edited by Ryuu

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

TirunCollimdus

PS Read each paragraph of my first post seperately instead of the whole thing at once. :bow_arrow:

Tirun

I personly think this is a good thing for all the lower level fighters. It will be great for the manufatures/potters/mixers. Long fights will mean more broken stuff. Lots of potions (accuracy and envasion pots especialy) It will give the lower level fighters/mages a standing chance in a fight. Like I said before, there is lttle fun in fighting a fight that only lasts a few seconds. Would be a lot of fun to fight for 10-20 mins. The summoners can burn through those rare ELE, EME EDE. I belive a lot more people will get together to team up on tough mobs. I think it would benifit everyone. There would be a bigger demand for all items. Especily armors, Mirror /BP cloaks. Rings and medalions. Great Swords..Special wepons. and invisablitly/Envasion/accuracy pots

It is only good for lower level PKers. Even then the top players will still be able to kill them easily just not quite as fast. The other attributes the top level players will be adding too will be as effective in making them hard to kills as phys and coord are now. All of this 'good' stuff is about PK. Training is not something you can do as a team. Each monster only attacks one person. They are the only ones who get defense experience during group 'training'. The higher monsters will be so tough that some of the higher players will be forced back down onto lower spawns while the lower players who have not hit cap limits will stay on those same monsters. This will kill training. People will be forced to PVP or PK and not be able to train. This is not good for everyone. It is only good for PKers. If I missed something that would make it good for anyone else please show me what it is.

TirunCollimdus

maybe it will force players to change how they train... gone are the days of augs and boxing. maybe it will force players to use better armour and weapons..

All I have to say

If we as a group decide this is the way I think a reset of all will be needed, everyone overall 0

This would give everyone the needed chance to rethink what they are doing

.... If I missed something that would make it good for anyone else please show me what it is.

The crowded Storages will probably be less crowded after this :bow_arrow:

Edited by LuciferX

Yes from me. :bow_arrow:

Even though I'm negged up and have ebul coord, plus got 1 hydro nexus. It's a much needed change and I think it would make the game more fun. :bow_arrow:

I don't know what to say or vote for really... I am not liking the poll so far..

Why not just a simple "no" also? I am not an immature baby, voting that would just piss you off (to a degree I understand your view).

But as most people, capping it would really stink for people who like the harvest, I know that most arn't even at 800, but still... SOME are... and I plan to have 1000+ emu sometime.

As TC said, some items weigh 10emu, although this doesn't affect me atm, it could later.

Now, adjusting harvestables weight could be a suggestion, but I am not sure how the eco would do with that.

From what I see, this is more based on what the pkers think... I know pkers break items, use items, and other things, but this will effect everyone...

Like I said, I am no where near capping... but what will a mixer/harvester do with Vitility? PP totally wasted... This could FORCE mixers/harvesters to pk when they have reached the cap of their "special attribute". And some of us just didn't join this game to pk or fight... sorry.

CAPS are normally bad for a game, it limits people. People who become the "best" quit, as there is nothing for them to do. This allows other people to get higher I guess, but when they reach the cap, then what? I'll just assume you'll raise the cap...

{edit}

Could there possibly be a way when you enter a pk map, that only the 48 of each attribute works? Locking anything over it? I mean it's mainly based toward pkers, right? Or does that even deserve a discussion?

It's not just for PKers, though mostly so fighters don't get imbalanced stats. Mixers could benifit from increasing reason/will for more exp though. :icon13:

Most mixers already have more will to get more experience. Most mixers already choose to mix between emu and experience because it makes sense. The problem is that reasoning does mixers no good at all except more experience and that is not enough reason to take it. Mixers who are not PKers just do not get much of anything at all if anything from a cap limit. It does not help them in any way. The playing field for mixers does not need to be leveled. You earn what you do as a mixer and lowering attributes will not help that at all.

TirunCollimdus

Not to mention all the hours people spent on fluffs, chimmies, etc. A/D will be more the deciding factor I think.
Yes. IMO a/d level should be worth more than anything in PK. a/d levels are the hardest, most time consuming to get. Having high a/d should have big rewards.

Like I said, I am no where near capping... but what will a mixer/harvester do with Vitility? PP totally wasted...
Erm, dont take Vitality then.

Will is great for harvesters, more health to stand against radon/cavern walls/etc., and heaps of rationality for more harv/mix exp.

Once you get to 48/48/48 p/c/w (which i doubt any pure mixer/harvester ever will), your point would be a bit more valid. Even then, Reasoning still is an option - more exp.

A great big YES vote from me.

People worried about PK fights lasting too long blah blah... if you cant figure out a strategy to kill your opponent thats your problem. I'm confident I'll still find ways to kill people.

A lot of people are probably worried mostly because with a 48/48 p/c cap they have no idea where to put their other pp's to be the most effective.

Thats right, we're all going to have to think, instead of just mindlessly adding to phys/coord. I dont think people should be coddled because they're incapable of figuring out what to do with their pp's.

EDIT:

I have worked hard to get where I am. My last #reset was in August 2005. If these limits are implemented I will leave the game.
Why Loch? you will still have all your pp's from OA's... you'll just log in and find your p/c at 48/48 and you'll have a whole mess of free pp's to spend in other attributes, and because the same is happening to everyone, you dont lose anything. Edited by Korrode

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

TirunCollimdus

Tirun

It is only good for lower level PKers. Even then the top players will still be able to kill them easily just not quite as fast. The other attributes the top level players will be adding too will be as effective in making them hard to kills as phys and coord are now. All of this 'good' stuff is about PK. Training is not something you can do as a team. Each monster only attacks one person. They are the only ones who get defense experience during group 'training'. The higher monsters will be so tough that some of the higher players will be forced back down onto lower spawns while the lower players who have not hit cap limits will stay on those same monsters. This will kill training. People will be forced to PVP or PK and not be able to train. This is not good for everyone. It is only good for PKers. If I missed something that would make it good for anyone else please show me what it is.

TirunCollimdus

Ok. This is just an example. I take myself cause I know myself best I suppose.

At the moment I have a few hydro nexus, 36P 82C 20V 91/97 A/D I train Feros and Desert chims. Depending on the astro day. If my cooridation was dropped to 48, I would use those other 36 pick point. Most lilkely put on instint. Then I can train the same, getting more Defense XP, less attack xp, but would get more xp/hour overall/hour. If I wanted more attack xp, I may bring out a tit short, or a tit long sword. I dont think it would change the monsters I train on at all. Or very little. The people most affected will be the yeti trainners. Often the yeti trainners I have seen are using a cutlass or simialr sword killing the yeties say 10 hits. With this cap it will affect them greatly. But I am sure if there is a huge shortage, the devs can throw in a few more desert/mountain chim spawns to keep everyone happy. Monster drops can also be adjusted as neccesary. With smaller emu, I wouldnt be able to stay on a spawn for 8-10 hours or what ever my wife and job and sleep allows. This cap would honestly not be the best thing for the strong pkers. It would on the other hand be great for the part time, wanna be pkers like me and and all the 80-110 A/D full time fluffy trainners that dream of the day they can stand toe to toe with the top. Even then the stratagy involved would become very important in every fight. Would make it more fun to run into KF, Join in with your friends on a fight and not die/lose rosto in a few hits. Longer fights will break more armor/crowns/swords. NMT perk will become very important for pkers. Also There is no fork perk may become needed as well. Players will have to balance there charaters out and not be just a high C killing machine.

Will this apply to physique/coordination/will of blessed/non blessed bots? I have a some bots with over 48 coordination and will and if this this "attribute cap" takes place will it be lowered? Also if it does not effect bots, in other topics such as making EL videos ent said he could put one or two players as bots, how would that work? Would that player be able to get more p/c, will, etc.. avoiding this cap? Or, when a bot turns back to a player will his p/c go back to normal? How would this work? Would the blessing of a bot get lost then?

Just some thoughts I would like to point out to avoid problems in the future,

--BigBot7

.... If I missed something that would make it good for anyone else please show me what it is.

The crowded Storages will probably be less crowded after this :D

rolfmao :laugh::omg: How could I have missed that benefit. ;):confused:;)

Hope is isn't any of my favorite players missing. :)

Perhaps the PKers will fill in the spots at storage because they have to mix their own stuff with everyone so limited. :)

TirunCollimdus

{edit}

yes i find this idea the best.

{edit}

yes i find this idea the best.

i find this a good idea to, the Capping only effects pk maps (maybe arenas too? :confused: )

sorry but isn't the name of the game eternal lands. why are you putting limits in ent. the entire point of this game was to be endless. Now this game will become more similar to RS, you main competitor (i know you guys hate to admit it)

you are going to hate it when people say how they "beat" the game log off and move on to the next.

Yes i agree with lobster you put these limits on I'm out of here plus i am noob, it not the work its just that i think the game is selling out.

There are many other ways to fix the game. Take away flower shops, take away nux remoovale, and stop selling rare items at the shop.

Edited by SkyHigh

You can't beat the game SkyHigh, limiting doesn't do anything but put more fun on things, makes things harder to do. Also I think it should be 48 cuz it might bring some team work in to kill yetis, and stop some bitching from people who complain tha tyeti /dragon killers are to rich for their own good

if you cap only pk maps what happens to your pp's when you enter pk map?

Exaclty, Then we have the DP syndrom all over again.

With a cap it will be very difficult and expensive to max out all attributes, So many many combinations with 6 attributes to choose from. At overall 100+ those pick points start to slow down a bit...better be very carfull where you place them

No metter I am seeing constructive idea behind this proposal, I decided that I do not approve such change..

My OA is 58, so know that I try to think in longterm, not to cover my hard work..

Experience is already in shape of a tough exponential curve.. Freedom to progress cannot be artificialy restrained imo, but is currently factually restrained by laws of mathematics..

What I am trying to say is that there currently exists some cap with which people are got used to(ex.: show me a char of 400lvl oa, even in 10 years)

I would approach this "problem" from another point, while leaving elite of EL happy..

Introduce 2-3 new creatures who would have attributes on or over the edge of mathematicaly achievable

levels.. So people cannot even hope to hunt those on their own(without diversified support) EVER..

Those creatures key feature would not be damage, but toughness.. That would promote team work in a natural way, without restricting fictional infinity(we all like the current sense of freedom, while we are factualy caped in a way). Further discussion on these creatures is a totaly new topic..

I wouldn't mix economy problems into this, there are better ways to improve it imo, but I do expect some improvements after introducing of such creatures(further favoring of many present and future fighter types, not just close combat)

Yes from me. :confused:

Even though I'm negged up and have ebul coord, plus got 1 hydro nexus. It's a much needed change and I think it would make the game more fun. :laugh:

{edit}

It's not just for PKers, though mostly so fighters don't get imbalanced stats. Mixers could benifit from increasing reason/will for more exp though. :omg:

Most mixers already have more will to get more experience. Most mixers already choose to mix between emu and experience because it makes sense. The problem is that reasoning does mixers no good at all except more experience and that is not enough reason to take it. Mixers who are not PKers just do not get much of anything at all if anything from a cap limit. It does not help them in any way. The playing field for mixers does not need to be leveled. You earn what you do as a mixer and lowering attributes will not help that at all.

TirunCollimdus

And most mixers don't have 1k+ EMU. Besides, Ent can always add an item to increase EMU to make up for the cap.

EDIT: What I meant with that post was that it was not only to balance PK, but fighting as well. It only benefits the mixers in that there will be an increased demand for their items.

Edited by Ryuu

Yes indeed Medalion of EMU EMUX2 breaks easy in combat. if it breaks you randomly drop items that you can not carry..

(would this keep the ebul rich harvesters happy?)

Wouldn't this make the Attribute Stones worthless in time? Once a few of us get 48?

Why not cap all attributes BUT reasoning? This way we can still have EMU, and extra exp. Only thing we'd have to worry about is the dexterity though...

Or capping the cross attributes instead? dexterity, toughness, might, and ethereality. Anything that would effect a pk or a fight of some sort.

Yes indeed Medalion of EMU EMUX2 breaks easy in combat. if it breaks you randomly drop items that you can not carry..

(would this keep the ebul rich harvesters happy?)

Now the item thing would be nice honestly.

Edited by calla