Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Make rank 18 able to kick and change ranks.

yeah it was discussed here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24555

So, erm, why didn't it happen?

I'm sure posting a suggestion that was already suggested is going to annoy some people, but it would REALLY be useful if more than GM and rank 19 could do everything required for recruiting and PvP'ing.

EDIT: Actually, i just realised, my suggestion is not ttl's suggestion from mid last year... so HA!

Edited by Korrode

I agree with Korrode, being able to change so much in the guild. Allowing members in, changing the info about the guild, Rank 18s should be able to change ranks, kick, and get the #rank of any member of the guild.

RunTime

I don't agree. Guild masters just need to be more selective.

[\edit]What else could you do?[edit]

Edited by Nintenduh

Nintenduh, what about, which is often the case, when the guild GM goes in-active or on sabbatical and leaves an acting GM, who is rank 19.

That person wants to maintain "final say", but still needs others who can recruit/allow guildmates to PvP.

and theres 19 (non-GM) ranks. they can still be selective. Having the top 2 out of 19 ranks be able to do these things sounds more than reasonable to me.

EDIT: typos.

Edited by Korrode

Why not just add the ability to GM's to set the level for functions to work? For example if a guild want's members to be able to kick people out at level 18 then have a command like "#kick_level 18" or "#recruit_level 15" or "#gm_level 3".

Why not just add the ability to GM's to set the level for functions to work? For example if a guild want's members to be able to kick people out at level 18 then have a command like "#kick_level 18" or "#recruit_level 15" or "#gm_level 3".

Yes sounds wonderful, kinda defeats the purpose of the current guild ranking system/structure tho. But hows about for now we just do my suggestion kk... it's alot less work for Ent.

I dont wanna seem pushy, but if everyone throws in their own spin on the idea this thread will just become bloated (look what happened to ttl's thread), but for anyone who agrees that kicking and rank changing shouldn't be restricted to just rank 20 and 19 could you please just post "good idea" (or similar).

I think their is massive logic behind my suggestion and want to see it implemented.

If i was Ent (which of course, i ain't), and i opened this thread and had to read through a bunch of slightly altered suggestions i'd probably get bored and just forget i saw it, but if all i saw was a bunch of people agreeing with the easy to implement idea, i'd implement it. So if anyone reading this agrees with my idea please voice that you agree by posting.

Edited by Korrode

This is already possible through the use of guild bots. Assign the bot rank 19, or give it the guild if you really trust the code. Then through the bot, you can control which players have the right to have the bot issue which guild commands. There are several guilds already using bots in these roles.

At $20 per year for the bot it's not a huge expense to have these features available now with no changes needed from the developers.

Yes BT, i know... as a PC tech i made it my business to be well aware of the benifits and functions of most of the bots currently in EL.

Nonetheless, there's various legitimate reasons why a bot may not be feesable or suitable for some people/guilds.

Edited by Korrode