Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghengas

dysfuntional market system

First you say:

basically any stat other than a/d can earn you plenty of money and/or material possessions.

Then you say:

think about it next time you spend an hour in the market channel hopelessly trying to sell somthing

So which is it? Can other skills make "plenty of money" or can they not as they "hopelessly try to sell"?

In any event, from my experience, the money making skills are: harvesting (harvest and sell), alchemy, and potions. All the others tend to be break-even or net loss as they consume more ingredients than they produce good to sell (as prices for finished good continue to drop).

Personally, I make my money by harvesting/selling titanium ore, and use that money to finance all the other skills I work on (plus buy a few toys).

if fighterjim made a profit off of fighting he would have money to spend in the market channel thus giving the alchemists and mauers etc a market, rather than fighterjim making it all for himself, thus taking the market from the manuers and potioners and alchemists.

everyone words things wrong occasionaly :) didnt mean to sound hippocritical or w/e

EDIT: knight, i deeply appreciate the support but please keep your points towards the origanal subject -_-

Edited by Ghengas

(But I guess it is just as helpful when you cant train if you dont have money)

Knight

Then change your strategy. Wear leather stuff and find the monster which fits for your levels. Strategy, thats the point and your strategy seems to be to sink loads of goldcoins in the rivan sea instead thinking about other ways how to train.

Piper

CycloonX I im not here to fight I just dont like the way that Fighters are the only ones (Besides summoners) who dont make money at anything.

Then you forget crafting where you can't make money if you alch your own stuff, and alchemist have a hard time if they don't harvest themself... So actually ONLY harvesters make a decent profit in this game

If a n00b wants to become a great fighter he cant. He needs to embrace another skill.

Actually I made a new char and started purely fighting on it. I haven't done any alchemy so far!

Ithe only way I have my money is that I took the Onilne marketplace to my advantage, I bought a Thermal Serp and sold it.

Euh, so you had 200k from that serp I guess? Nice money for doing nothing... (now this is hurting the market that isn't working)

I only have 50somek left and besides losing a COL I bought for 95k I have speant all the money on potions and essie from Alchers and Manuers like you Cycloon.

I'm wondering where you lost that col on? Training and it broke? Don't train with it then... Or did you lost it in pk, euh wait, were you that guy who said you only get shitty drops in pk? (sorry if not)

( I am assuming you are a alcher or manuer because you arnent defending what we are trying to bring to attention, If you were a fighter which you may be, I think you would help defend this subject)

Euh you are almost right, I'm also a fighter, summoner, crafter and potioner... It's what they call an allrounder in this game. And i'm not defending the fighters? Why should I? I go fighting to have some extra money and to bump up my OA Levels a little faster, and you come say here you don't get any advantage from fighting? I don't see how I can defend you then.

If this this gets too much of a argument I want to pull out, Like I said before I am not here to fight or argue.

Too bad this is a forum, a forum is made to discuss things... I'm not flaming at you, i'm not saying you are a noob. I just say you must be playing the game totally wrong because killing monsters actually got the most profits in the game. If you are all your time pvping or hanging around in pk maps I can believe why you can't make any profit :)

Edited by Cycloonx

Then change your strategy. Wear leather stuff and find the monster which fits for your levels. Strategy, thats the point and your strategy seems to be to sink loads of goldcoins in the rivan sea instead thinking about other ways how to train.

I wear all leather stuff, I dont have any plate armour even in my storage, I train on armed gob, which hardly hits much, Soo less potions. I am trying to use the least money I can. Its not like I am going training with plate and serp like someone said before and having them break every day. Right now I need PP for will so soon I cant start using Restore instead of Br's which will save me alot of money. It doesnt halp to restore when you have 80hp and 40 enth points (Which I had only a few days ago, after I reset). So I need my all my PP for will, Not human nexus.

,Knight

Edit:

I'm wondering where you lost that col on? Training and it broke? Don't train with it then... Or did you lost it in pk, euh wait, were you that guy who said you only get shitty drops in pk? (sorry if not)

I suprised you didnt hear the big fight between me and Liquid (Who is now a friend). I lagged out near Nc arena, logged back in (In the arena) got pked by Liquid, Lost my COL (I didnt know what a rost stone was for) And yes I AM NOT the guy who was complaining about shitty drops in pk, I dont have enough skill to Pk (Which I want to discuss later)

Edited by The_Knight

flame or not, this is turning into an argument.

i appreciate your oppinions but really only when they are opinions directed towards the ORIGINIAL TOPIC. i started out pretty seroius about this thread but a couple of people arguing will ruin its entire purpose.

I wear all leather stuff, I dont have any plate armour even in my storage, I train on armed gob, which hardly hits much, Soo less potions. I am trying to use the least money I can. Its not like I am going training with plate and serp like someone said before and having them break every day. Right now I need PP for will so soon I cant start using Restore instead of Br's which will save me alot of money. It doesnt halp to restore when you have 80hp and 40 enth points (Which I had only a few days ago, after I reset). So I need my all my PP for will, Not human nexus.

,Knight

Edit:

I suprised you didnt hear the big fight between me and Liquid (Who is now a friend). I lagged out near Nc arena, logged back in (In the arena) got pked by Liquid, Lost my COL (I didnt know what a rost stone was for) And yes I AM NOT the guy who was complaining about shitty drops in pk, I dont have enough skill to Pk (Which I want to discuss later)

Euh you train on armed gobs and you are sitting with a col near an arena? What were you doing there? There is really something wrong with your tactics, on your level you don't even need a col... :)

Too bad this is a forum, a forum is made to discuss things... I'm not flaming at you, i'm not saying you are a noob. I just say you must be playing the game totally wrong because killing monsters actually got the most profits in the game. If you are all your time pvping or hanging around in pk maps I can believe why you can't make any profit

Well then I am playing wrong, Its not like there is someone there to teach you how to play right. And yes as I said I am a noob I admit it I dont know half the strategy in the game, but do most noobs?

I think something should be dont about fighters gaining no profit. (Obviously I do or else I wouldnt be in here) and I think something should be done with it, that is only my oppinion and you can take it any way you want. I see your point when you say training isnt free cyc, but isnt that why there is item break and losing items when you die? then its not free. But should Fighters have to pay even more for something they enjoy (which might not be alch, manu)

,Knight

Edit:

Euh you train on armed gobs and you are sitting with a col near an arena? What were you doing there? There is really something wrong with your tactics, on your level you don't even need a col...

The whole COL incident happened almost 4 months ago I didnt know what I was doing, And why I went there is Liquid said he wanted to fight my beavers I was summoning, Which probably was more of a scam which I didnt realise Cause I didnt know that if I logged out that you log in somewhere you were not when you logged out (Liquid was sitting where I had sat before I logged out, which Is the reason for my position change)

And If there is any problems with my tactics please teach me I want to learn, I will become your apprentice

Edited by The_Knight

The point they want to make is: fight things under your lvls so you get crap experience but a lot of gold, or grab a pick and dig in.

God forbid you actually try to fight things that are a challenge.

Lets see under my lvl, hmmm Gargs dont hit me, they drop 1-15 gold coins each and items like new special swords books. Now to find a uncrowded garg cave.

EDIT: and when I go to kill those Gargs, I am taking away from those who need to train on them for exp

Edited by The_Knight

WizardJack can't see what the fuss if about when all non-Victor capes come from monster drops. He also believes that special books are also dropped by monsters, since the new ones, worth thousands aren't NPC sold yet. And on that note, he also thinks the book buyer in NC shouldn't be such a ****** tightarse.

Also, WizardJack sees fighters huge emu as a great tool for harvesting the 0 nexus/no knowledge needed coal/sulfur for other means of income.

But in the end...WizardJack feels that fighters are moaning about nothing when really his own chosen profession is moneyless also. His good friend SummonerTimmy agrees until summoning stones are in.

Edited by MagpieLee

The point they want to make is: fight things under your lvls so you get crap experience but a lot of gold, or grab a pick and dig in.

Its not forbidden to take such a challenge. But you must prepare yourself to do so. For example by earning money somehow.

Piper

Edit: Typos

Edited by The_Piper

Well I guess killing things to easy for you does pay off, I just killed a garg and got a Iron battle hammer.

Thanks for the idea Cycloon

You don't have to kill things that are too easy for you. But I can kill 3 ogres with 1 restore and get some decent exp. They don't hit me a lot too, but I can't go to armed orcs yet because I need 2-3 heals per orc, and this would be a loss for me. So I don't go to them untill I have some extra a/d levels, some people just want to move on too fast...

Its not forbidden to take such a challenge. But you must prepare yourself to do so. For example by earning money somehow.

Piper

Edit: Typos

But that's a never-ending cycle. By the time you start making good gold off anything you are fighting, chances are you could move up to something else and save yourself hours to get the same amount of xp.

So either you fight things that are easy for the gc and waste time getting xp, or you hit the mines and still waste time.

I, for 1, like fighting things that make me chase my DB every once in a while.

I am not that great at a/d so the biggest thing I could kill is maybe, hm... and ogre or armed orc. I am only 39/41/30/30 so thats not that great for making money yet. Thanks for the tips Cycloon, got any more? I really want to learn.

Knight

But that's a never-ending cycle. By the time you start making good gold off anything you are fighting, chances are you could move up to something else and save yourself hours to get the same amount of xp.

So either you fight things that are easy for the gc and waste time getting xp, or you hit the mines and still waste time.

I, for 1, like fighting things that make me chase my DB every once in a while.

Yes, you got it. This game is nearly an never-ending cycle. Since its still beta, you are forced to change your strategies a lot!

Fight for money, fight for drops, serp spawns? Or fight for XP, thats your decision. Thats why this game is class-less, you can do what you want. Today an ebul PKer, tomorrow #teh mighty mage. Or whatever. Slayer of kings, betrayer of gods, its all up to you.

But some ppl are crying that there is no easy way to be just a fighter and dont need to care for anything else. And thats exactly the point.

There shouldnt be a way to become a top 5 fighter easily. There shouldnt be a way to make money easily. There shouldnt be a way to make high level stuff easily, it all should be hard, you should work for it.

Look at me, im the top #2 harvester here, that took some work somehow.

Look at the top #5 in attack or defense, that took some work too.

Look at the top #5 crafters, summoners, mages, alchemists, they invest a lot of work.

And only the fighters complain thats it too hard to level as a fighter?

Come on, seriously. Or read the posts of CyclooonX and The_Knight and Scarr. That are strategies they suggested which work. But just grabbing the best sword/armor in game and, whoops, 2 days later you are one of the top fighters in EL, that will never happen.

Use your imagination, be creative. Thats exactly the point.

And that wasnt meant for you in person sTroker, thats just my 2 cents again :P

Piper

I am not that great at a/d so the biggest thing I could kill is maybe, hm... and ogre or armed orc. I am only 39/41/30/30 so thats not that great for making money yet. Thanks for the tips Cycloon, got any more? I really want to learn.

Knight

Well I can give you one thing: Get rid of Brs, use small heals untill you can use restore. With restore you can start making profit, with brs you will keep fighting with losses... otherwise than that you just need to try various strategies, and if one isn't good try something else...

Oh btw, with your stats I was fighting Fem gobs, and your pc is way too high to fight monsters nicely, your phys should always be lower than your coord, like 2/3 p/c

Edited by Cycloonx

Is there a reason for the higher coord?

I dont know if you read all the forum post Cycloon but I about getting rid of br's as in my post previously. Let me get it...

Ahh here it is my exact post...

Right now I need PP for will so soon I cant start using Restore instead of Br's which will save me alot of money. It doesnt halp to restore when you have 80hp and 40 enth points (Which I had only a few days ago, after I reset). So I need my all my PP for will, Not human nexus.

It might help a little to read the ALL the posts as posted by Ghengas in the very first post.

Well thanks for the tip even though I knew it already

,Knight

Edited by The_Knight

wrong quote lolz.. anyway was about p/c ;p

20/30 p/c till ur strong enough for cyclops.

now fighterjim defeated all those ebul gargs and other monster he comes to fluffy's which destroy alot.

he keeps on buying things to keep on training on it but dam these fluffy's don't give so much money.. bam there goes his funds.

~1 hour fluffs gives 3k gc oh wauw alch gives u 3 times as much in the same time.

full tit plate + col? 365k? no full tit plate for u untill ur old and grey with only fighting ;o

think about it a game is supposed to be fun, if ur poor and can't buy nice stuff it isn't fun cuz u do things you don't like to get money ;/

please train a/d for a long time and see how much gold u get and then comment plx ;')

btw this whole topic is a battle already lost, been alot of topics about this already ;'/

btw tip to keep ur head above water: pk pvp'ers and newbies which don't have rostogols, if ur lucky you get steel chains/steel shield or He's so you don't have to buy that stuff very often. (but then again you get outlawed and yelled at for trying to keep ur gc amount stagnant ;/ )

Edited by Hardcore

eh...after about the first 10 posts none of these are relevant to the origanial topic. before you comment again and say 'yes ghengas, my post is relevant', try reading the originial one again...

not going to pile up on quotes but this is mostly what ive heard:

'fighting isnt profitable because it shouldnt be easy to be a top 5 fighter'

that is a completely unthough-out and unfair statement. piper, u said something similiar to this and then said 'i worked hard for my #2 harvesting rank' well, yeah, and you probly made a shi**load of money doing it. if you didnt, you were (and i quote cycloonx) 'doing something wrong'

why should it cost fighters money to be good at fighting? on most other stats, its quite the opposite.

not only this, as i said time and time again, if the fighters had cash, there would be a bigger market for the manuers, alchemist, potioners, etc etc.

im not just taking the side of fighters, i just happen to be one. the fact that people with a skill focus on att and def are poor causes a problem FOR ALL PEOPLE, but then again if noone can see this issue and THE ISSUES IT IS CAUSING (possibly the main cause for the dead market) then it must not be a big deal.

~1 hour fluffs gives 3k gc oh wauw alch gives u 3 times as much in the same time.

Lol ~!!11!!1oneelevenone

If I could make 3kgc profit on 1 hour with alchemy I would pwn this game :P

Lol ~!!11!!1oneelevenone

If I could make 3kgc profit on 1 hour with alchemy I would pwn this game :P

The 3k are not profit. They cost HE, SRS and armour.

Lol ~!!11!!1oneelevenone

If I could make 3kgc profit on 1 hour with alchemy I would pwn this game :)

lol you can't?

i can ^^ 1 hour more then enough for ~1k He's and that's already 7k gc profit >.>

Lol ~!!11!!1oneelevenone

If I could make 3kgc profit on 1 hour with alchemy I would pwn this game :)

lol you can't?

i can ^^ 1 hour more then enough for ~1k He's and that's already 7k gc profit >.>

You count your used feasting pots? And I wonder what you are making then...