Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thordin

Idea of new spells imbued ring!

I have been thinking about it for a few days...

With those new spells coming, how about imbuing some rings with them as well?

For example:

Ring of true sight

Ingredients: 1 silver ring, all essences for True sight spell, 1 polished emerald, 1 polished diamond, 1 serpent stone (to make it more expensive and also to return value to serpent stones a bit)

Food required: 30

Recommended crafting level: 50

Cooldown: 120 seconds (or 90 at least)

Ring of invisibity

Ingredients: 1 gold ring, all essences for True sight spell, 1 polished ruby, 5 raw rubies, 1 serpent stone

Food required: 35

Recommended crafting level: 45

Cooldown: 90 seconds (or 75 at least)

This could give a chance to low level magi as well (for a price of course, and the price is not meant to be below 400gc a piece)

So what do you think?

I dont like it because such magic itens dont have a fail rate.

And the magic skill should be useful right? There are no real reason to improve it above 50 right now, with the new spells (and the associate fail rate) there will be, when your improve your level the chance of failing would decrease. The thing this game needs most is more spells, in my humble opinion, but this is offtopic.

I agree that crafting also should be useful and should be more itens made by that skill. Maybe some more permanent itens like medallions (there are many rings already) would be cool, each medallion with different abilities, not like is today where everyone uses moon for training on monster/pk and unicorn for pvp training.

Edited by Lorck

not like is today where everyone uses moon for training on monster/pk and unicorn for pvp training.
I use moon for mining (less damage, yay!) and uni for fighting monsters :whistle:

otherwise I mostly agree... the problem is... both magic and crafting need more high level stuff...

well, crafting got some in the c2 rings... so I guess magic is in line next :P

If you can see, these rings are rather expensive and they have long cooldown, in order to compensate 100% rate of their usage. Also a high level crafter is required to make those, so this both should compensate the fact that they are 100% effective when used, also lowered duration of spells may be added in order to further encourage the spell. This would be another way of it.

Note:

Frankly, I was thinking about binding stone in ingredients, but I found that too expensive on one-use ring. Who would possibly bought ring for 2kgc? I know RoP costs even far more, but RoP deals huge damage, this is harmless.

Forgot to add: artificial nexus 5, magic nexus 5 required

Edited by ThordinElement

Well using a ring with cooldown of 120 seconds will make it so you can't use diss on the moment when you become visible or you can't cast it for a 2nd time in a short delay, so I think this really might work, and I really like the idea, but binding stone would be too pricy since not a lot of people will use it :whistle:

About the price, think about how much cost to increase a magic level in 60's or 70's, think about the lots of essences and SRs you need. 500gc is peanuts near that.

As i said above, crafting should be useful but crippling another skill (the rewards offered to have a high level on that skill) is not the way to go, in my very humble opinion.

I can see your point, but as Cycloonx said above, you won't be able to disengage after you use that ring for whole two minutes!, which may occasionaly results in your death. And death is NEVER cheap thing.

Edited by ThordinElement

About the price, think about how much cost to increase a magic level in 60's or 70's, think about the lots of essences and SRs you need. 500gc is peanuts near that.

As i said above, crafting should be useful but crippling another skill (the rewards offered to have a high level on that skill) is not the way to go, in my very humble opinion.

Jep but you can cast the spell over and over, and with a ring you can't, you will rarely use and only when you are very sure about your tactic, otherwise it is worthless.

It gives too much of an advantage. You'd see all these noobs (with low magic level) using them. And the price won't stop people buying them. Neither will the cooldown, which really isn't a good idea in my opinion (I mean a 4 min cooldown for a 30 sec effect).

It just.... defeats the concept of the idea.

I mean, not every magic spell should have a ring, or an item which will do the same thing. And not every item or effect should have a ring.

This also goes for perks and cloaks. Well, at least this is my idea.

- Sistema.

Edited by sisteMa`

One question: what will newbs use them for? They're useless to them (mostly) from my point of view.

Edited by ThordinElement

Yeah, that's what I mean. Newbies won't use it, and the people who will use them will probably have enough magic level to cast the spell. So there's really no need for it...

Or else, we would've had Mana Drain Rings, or Bones To Gold Rings. :)

- Sistema.