Eternal Lands Official Forums
darkguy

fifa world cup

I've used this excuse for England but...

Tater: Italians scoring more then 1 goal? Not likely!

Again with this idea of italian teams.

Just ask our german friends if they remember the friendly match we had just before the WC, we got an highly offensive team, not our fault if it's not necessary to win matches 4-0 when you can still win the match making 2 goals :)

(I still consider our team one of the most offensive teams around in the world cup)

Cheers o/

Edited by Tharzik

sorry bout that it seems that my memory did fail me... the 7 hour coast to coast flight and 3 hour drive from the airport home probably didnt help any...

I've used this excuse for England but...

Tater: Italians scoring more then 1 goal? Not likely!

Again with this idea of italian teams.

Just ask our german friends if they remember the friendly match we had just before the WC, we got an highly offensive team, not our fault if it's not necessary to win matches 4-0 when you can still win the match making 2 goals :)

(I still consider our team one of the most offensive teams around in the world cup)

Cheers o/

Hmm Italian offense isnt as strong as it could be. The Italian team is known for it's solid defense. And yeah really really Italy is usin good strategy by not playin mascherano yet. But wait til saturday comes, and I'm positive and magpie I know my team is gonna shut u up... The least amount of goals they score will be atleast 3-0 against the U.S. The least, u got my word on that...

Gooday :blink:

The problem with the Italian (Im half..) team is that they play not to lose, and not to win. This leads to low scoring games, and pretty boring ones. Anyone remember the game with Italy and Mexico, group match in 2002?

Hmm Italian offense isnt as strong as it could be. The Italian team is known for it's solid defense. And yeah really really Italy is usin good strategy by not playin mascherano yet. But wait til saturday comes, and I'm positive and magpie I know my team is gonna shut u up... The least amount of goals they score will be atleast 3-0 against the U.S. The least, u got my word on that...

Gooday :D

Yeah but...USA...very good team! :):) </sarcasm>

Italian football is renouned for their defence and counter attacks. I'm not saying its not going to happen - just very unlikely.

Edited by MagpieLee

Yeah I knew someone was going to pick up on that. But Germany were not the strong force they once were.

That was 100 years ago, Beckenbauers vision that germany is unbeatable for the next 10-20 years is really outdated and a failure..

Costa Rica were especially poor anyway, and put them up against a stronger team (i.e Poland), even WITH Ballack, and they will see how it is.

The match with Poland could have been better though if Klose had tucked away his chances. Germany were quite unlucky when they hit the bar twice too.

Ballack is overrated, he can somehow be replaced by Frings or Borowski. The interesting thing is how Klose and Podolski are doing, and that was really a bad luck day for them. :)

My guess is, they're somehow a team which is able to work together, nearly everybody can be replaced (Lehmann, Kahn..Ballack, Borowski/Frings..) and the shooting star of this contest will be David Odonkor. He can be a troublemaker and keep several players busy to stop him.

And for the forwards, except Klose and Podolski, there is still Neuville as #teh joker and Asamoah (#phear him).

Uhm, well... lets see what happens.

But, honestly, somehow this contest is a little bit lame.........

Lets see whats going on the next week. Hopefully some better games than the last ones :)

Piper

Piper, what about Janker?

Odonkor looks decent when he came on. Dunno why Klinsmann didn't want him and Schnieder (sp?) working *together* on the right in that match...and when they did they scored!

Odonkor looks decent when he came on. Dunno why Klinsmann didn't want him and Schnieder (sp?) working *together* on the right in that match...and when they did they scored!

I agree, coaches are makin some silly moves man. Hell Ronaldo from Brazil aint even playin on the second match... Wats up with that?

I agree, coaches are makin some silly moves man. Hell Ronaldo from Brazil aint even playin on the second match... Wats up with that?

I wouldn't consider that a silly move :omg:

A silly move was to make him play the first match :D

(i'm not a ronaldo hater, but really, on the first match he runned maybe 5 minutes in total)

Oh Lorck, i agree, i consider T&T Vs Sweden one of the best matches until now, even if it lacked goals.

Argentina-Serbia and Montenegra [6-0]

Nederland-Ivory Coast [2-1]

Mexico-Angola [0-0]

I didnt see any :D

emblempurplel2no.jpg

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

btw. I've never seen Peter Crouch jump so high!

Nah Crouch had springs in his shoes :omg:

But yeah, todays matches were solid

I didnt see Argentina-S&M but I did see the scoreline...embarrasing for S&M 6-0 Winner Argentina

Dutch-IC I'm watchin it and at the 1st half right now is 1-2 Dutch (rooting for IC)

Mexico-Angola I'm definitely positive that Mexico will win against Angola, but then again, there is a possibility for upset...so we'll jus have to sit and watch :)

Edited by Tater

HOLLAND!!! cmon dont let em win!!!

Holland won :/ well I knew they were gonna win, its stayed 2-1 Dutch I was rooting for IC, but meh

Mexico-Angola I didnt see, but i saw the scoreline 0-0 suxx0rz :/

Edited by Tater

Amazing upset by Ghana today against Czech Republic... 2-0 Amazing. And their first goal, only 2 minutes into the game!

But today is the day...Italia-U.S.A a game that cannot be missed. I'm sure alotta ppl wanna see the US go home ;)

But today is the day...Italia-U.S.A a game that cannot be missed. I'm sure alotta ppl wanna see the US go home :wub:

:icon13::icon13::pinch:

what a freaky game...1:1

But I was right - Italy scored 2 goals :)

But today is the day...Italia-U.S.A a game that cannot be missed. I'm sure alotta ppl wanna see the US go home :P

:huh::):P

what a freaky game...1:1

But I was right - Italy scored 2 goals :P

yeah! it was absurd lol.

i can say that a lot of the match was spoiled by the referee (the italian red card was deserved, but he was really harsh with the yellow cards) and especially by all the offsides o/

The USA played much better than the first match too. (after 5 minutes i tought omg we're gonna lose)

Ow, let's hope against the czech republic.

Amazing upset by Ghana today against Czech Republic... 2-0 Amazing. And their first goal, only 2 minutes into the game!

But today is the day...Italia-U.S.A a game that cannot be missed. I'm sure alotta ppl wanna see the US go home :P

We (czechs) played like we were high :huh:

We were slow, passive and we made many mistakes in defense, this was not our team as I know it, but I guess every dog has its day, we got unlucky, but we will be back in full power against Squadra Azura, I'm sure we will do our best! :)

Edited by ThordinElement

Was looking forward to see Germany - Ecador.. but damn work, can only see the last 15 minutes. Atleast I can see Paraguay - Trinidad & Tobago and England - Sweden, well they are same time but they come on 2 channels here, so 2 tv' s will work :P