Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheMightyXXX

My Ban

You guys claimed that djoutlaw88 ( my bro ) made mutiple chacters and he broke the rules. And thats his probleam but why was I banned for that?

You guys claimed that djoutlaw88 ( my bro ) made mutiple chacters and he broke the rules. And thats his probleam but why was I banned for that?

And I can tell you straight up im not djoutlaw88.

YOU are responsible for all activity coming from YOUR IP/character(s). If it was your "brother", or any other family member, friend, neighbor, pet, complete stranger that did it, YOU are still held responsible.

Try to convince that this is not you. You do realise, anyone can say 'I am not him.'

Edited by jjk

Agreed.

Even if 'his brother' really did make multiple chars, why would any Mods WANT him back?

If they do, I have nice comments in my log, of him breaking rules.

Edited by jjk

Hold on.

My router/firewall runs NAT, so all 3 computers on the network would report the same IP on EL, although I only use one of the computers. Are you going to blame me for another player using my network? Thankfully, that is not an issue atm, cos I banned the wife and children from playing as it can be addictive! Just wondering how such an incident would be resolved.

Hold on.

My router/firewall runs NAT, so all 3 computers on the network would report the same IP on EL, although I only use one of the computers. Are you going to blame me for another player using my network? Thankfully, that is not an issue atm, cos I banned the wife and children from playing as it can be addictive! Just wondering how such an incident would be resolved.

Yes, ultimately you are responsible for everybody using your IP adress.

If you can't sort it out on your side, you can apply to be whitelisted.

What about dial-up connections? Not everyone has a static IP. So how will you handle a situation, where someone plays with the same IP as someone else did before and breaks the rules?

I play at university sometimes, how could I ever control who else plays EL here?

with regards,

kl4Uz

Hold on.

Yes, ultimately you are responsible for everybody using your IP adress.

If you can't sort it out on your side, you can apply to be whitelisted.

What about dial-up connections? Not everyone has a static IP. So how will you handle a situation, where someone plays with the same IP as someone else did before and breaks the rules?

I play at university sometimes, how could I ever control who else plays EL here?

with regards,

kl4Uz

I believe Soldus had explain it..."If you can't sort it out on your side, you can apply to be whitelisted."

YOU are responsible for all activity coming from YOUR IP/character(s). If it was your "brother", or any other family member, friend, neighbor, pet, complete stranger that did it, YOU are still held responsible.

i think that this is not right.. i have a brother which plays EL from the same IP as me.

when i'm at school he play's EL.. since it' s not my own computer i can't forbid him to play EL or do illegal things.. so should i be responsible for his actions then? (luckily i teached him what's good and bad and hopefully he won't do illegal things :o )

Edited by Hardcore

I believe Soldus had explain it..."If you can't sort it out on your side, you can apply to be whitelisted."

And now tell me how that solves the problem of a person with a dial-up connection? Every ADSL, XDSL, modem, ISDN connection is a dial-up connection, which means it's very likely that you have a different IP every time you connect to the internet. Sometimes ISPs even run proxies so you have a virtual static IP. For example one of the ISPs I use does that. I was a moderator at a forum once where me and two other people always had the same IP.

I know if there is a problem moderators will contact the person and have a talk with that person. While most of the time "My brother played and messed this up" is a really cheap excuse, it's absolutely possible that someone else with the same IP, miles away from your place, did something nasty and no one will believe you that it wasn't you.

And now tell me how that solves the problem of a person with a dial-up connection? Every ADSL, XDSL, modem, ISDN connection is a dial-up connection, which means it's very likely that you have a different IP every time you connect to the internet. Sometimes ISPs even run proxies so you have a virtual static IP. For example one of the ISPs I use does that. I was a moderator at a forum once where me and two other people always had the same IP.

I know if there is a problem moderators will contact the person and have a talk with that person. While most of the time "My brother played and messed this up" is a really cheap excuse, it's absolutely possible that someone else with the same IP, miles away from your place, did something nasty and no one will believe you that it wasn't you.

That is why we have the ability to whitelist individual names. But if the trouble happens again they lose being whitelisted. Also, maintaining the whitelist is a pain because you have to try to figure out who does deserve to be on it, and the size keeps growing.

Hold on.

:P I seriously hope you are kidding here... :o