Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Need an EL review

We have a recent partnership with the guys from http://www.mmosite.com

You can find an EL entry here: http://feature.mmosite.com/eternallands/

Now, what we need is someone to write a review of the game, with screenshots and all that. Basically, an article about how cool and 1337 EL is.

Please post it here, and the winning entry will get some prize (a 1 year p2p race, or some EFEs).

Ty

Due date?

Mmoworlds.com was in need of this before @ 2003 , me and 2 other people assisted them. But they aperently don't exist anymore.

Something I would surely do.

Edited by jjk

Guest Enyo

Sounds great, count me in.. I can only write from a windows user or should that be included or does it matter or what?

Deadline is when?

One more thing.. what are the main things that you would like included in the review and once again does operating systems matter or not? Thanks and this sounds like fun.

The deadline? Hmm.. Monday.

The prize will be 25 USD worth of ingame items/services (you can chose them yourself from the shop page).

It would be nice to specify that our game runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and even on Macs (test version).

One other thing, the review will contain proper English.

No things such: "u, r" and stuff like that. No "your" instead of "you are" and the other way around, no "there" instead of "their".. u get teh idea!11!one

Sure.. I'm currently on it, need something to distract me anyway.

I've finished a review for now, when you can Pm me your e-mail Entropy, I'll send it to you, if you need/want more pictures and text in it, tell me and I'll add some more if I can think of anything more.

Edited by ssjgohan

Ent, are there any specifics you require to be put into the review, besides screenshots and proper english? Like website url, lead devs, system requirements, how to cook meat? The important stuff? :P

Too short, and it's copy and pasted.

It is not copie and pasted yes I did use exact wording from the site for the specs for the game and my starting paragraph is simulare to the web site but its going to be about the same for everyone saying the game si free and blah blah blah other wise its my wording

You didnt read it you skimmed it.

I can make it longer I was unsure of the lenght wanted so I try'd to keep it under 2 pages worth.

I lack EL-experience for a thorough review, but if someone is in need of hosting for a review / pictures I will be more than happy to provide it (PM me if needed).

Question:

Should it be describing; El's animals are Rats, bunnies, and goblins. Goblins are considered a monster, because...

Or could it be by experience, first person; I like bunnies, they are cute, but from what i've learned in EL, is goblins are much harder...

Or does it really only depend on what you think about it?

Edited by jjk

very rough edit

Eternal Lands.

people8kr.jpg

What is it?

"EL" is a MMORPG, (Massivly Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) In which you control your character. From leveling, to killing, to just, sitting next to a warm fire, talking to some buddies. EL has been in the released to the public since February of 2003, which makes it 3 years old, as of now. It has progressed very fast. From at first only being able to walk in a map, with no companions, except trees. To now, having hundreds of other players, to loads of creatures and tricky monsters.

Base skills in EL.

Attack (Your efficency in attacking)

Defence (Your efficency in defending)

Harvest (The ability to harvest flowers and plants, and mine ores)

Alchemy (The ability to create essences)

Magic (The casting of spells)

Potions (Creating potions of increasing a skill temporarily)

Summoning (Creating an animal companion)

Manufacturing (Creating components of clothing and armor)

Crafting (Creating rings and medallions)

PICTURE EDITED: Please do not link directly from pictures on our sites!

Some of EL's creatures include:

Rabbit (Brown and white)

Rat

Beaver

Deer

Fox

Snake (Green, Red, and Brown)

Boar

Wolf

Goblin (Male, Female, and Armed)

Skeleton (Normal and Armed)

Gargoyles (Small, Medium, and Large)

Puma

Bear (Black and Grizzly)

Troll (Male and Female)

Orc

Ogre

Cyclops

Fluffy Rabbit

Chimeran (Desert, Mountain, and Arctic)

EL had a recent update, which nearly doubled it's existing creatures and monsters, from:

Sprites

Tigers

Polar Bears

Lepoards

There are so many creatures, and monsteres. It's almost too hard to name them all.Fighting and leveling your Attack and Defence is not the ONLY skills to enhance. Many peole prefer to make essences, to increase their Alchemy level, or summoning, to make your own pet animals, to assist you in killing other creatures. Perhaps, you like making potions, and selling them for money.

There is no absolute "LEVEL" in EL. If, at any, your Overall skill comes closest. Overall is made of all the experience you make from other skills. Example: If you make a potion, that experience goes to your Potion skill, and your Overall. Once your Overall has leveled you gain a Pickpoint, which is used to purchase Attributes, and

Nexus'.

Attributes are your key components to living, each Attribute ties in to a Cross-attribute which directly efects

how strong, or how long your character can survive.

rat5hi.png

Attributes include:

Physique

Coordination

Reasoning

Will

Instinct

Vitality

While Cross-attributes include:

Might

Matter

Toughness

Charm

Reaction

Perception

Rationality

Dexterity

Ethereality

Nexus' are door-openers to what you like best in EL. If you like fighting, Human nexus is the road for you. Human nexus allows you to equip certain weapons, items, and shields. Maybe you like Fighting AND Harvesting a lot. You would also need a Inorganic Nexus, which is for harvesting certain plants and ores.

There are dozens of types of weapons, and armors for fighting. You have to choose your armor wisely. For some armor sets may protect you from damage well, but if hit for cold damage, will get you killed fast.

PVP (Plater vs. Player) is another "biggie" in this game. There are many PK maps, where anyone can attack you. You can also have multile people attacking you at the same time. If you see a high leveld person, you and a few buddies can go take him on. Once he died, you can split the items he dropped.

The community in EL is by FAR the best. There are players that have been around for 3 years, while some, only a mere few days, yet, they all act with kindness.. The community is monitored by hand-picked Moderators. These Moderators stalk the channels used in EL, as well as localy. Every few hours or so, they will even hold nice contests with nice prizes. Scamming and cheating IS allowed, for it is ROLEPLAYING, if your character would do it, it would be unfair if the game would not allow you to. Some if someone dies, and they drop some items on their death, it is up to you, if you want to take it, or kindly return it. Many guilds have an Always-Return Policy, which states if you get someone's deathbag, you must return it.

Guild in EL are EL based. You create and maintane guilds IN the game, without the use of websites. Websites

still can be used. Noone's stoping you. So when you see a 1-4 character tag next to a players name, that's a

guild.From EL's Storage system, to its dying and going to the underworld, has much to offer anyone. To get started simply follow the links below. Good luck!

System requirements - ?

Official site - http://www.eternal-lands.com

Official Community site - http://www.eternal-lands.net

PICTURE EDITED: Please do not link directly from pictures on our sites!

Edits:::

I appologize. Forgot that bandwidth costs $.

Screenshots are not hard to get. So they are not that important now.

I do not have Shadowmapping enabled, and usually have clouds and shadows disabled. SO I prefer not to display my own screenshots.

Edited by jjk

I think its a little too specific, its like a list, especially in the places where the attributes and monsters etc. are listed

If I describe everything, people wanting to play would not have anything to find out by themselves.

Enough to give interest.

Edited by jjk

thats my point...you do give too much info I think, just mention a few monsters, a few attributes, etc.

I know what Atlantis means..

It's more of a fact sheet type thing, rather than a review. :)

Good piccys though. :mace:

Eep, Rough edit. Rough. Woof!

Thanks for the correction, any more?

Eh. Make your own.

Edited by jjk