• muslim
    • jewish
    • shinto
    • budism
    • hinduism
    • pagan
    • other
    • I'm not religous

Specifically, the Catholics and Protestants, who kill each other because they don't love Jesus the same way.

192643[/snapback]

Exactly who are you refering too?

As you said about easter, those dates are choosen to hinder ppl to celebrate their pagan rites.

You cant celebrate Jul or hail saturn if youre celebrating christmas the same day, so it worked quite fine.

But, at least here in Germany, we tricked them and the old gods are still alive:

Monday = Montag = Moon day, the day of the goddess of the moon (lunae)

Tuesday = Dienstag = Ziestag, the day of the war god Ziu

Wednesday = Mittwoch = the middle of the week, well...

Thursday = Donnerstag = Donar's day, you know him too by the name Thor

Friday = Freitag =  Freya's day, the goddess of love

:blink:

Piper

192594[/snapback]

How about in English?

Sunday = worship of the sun

Monday = also Moon day

Tuesday = Tyr's (or Ziu) day

Wednesday = Wodnesdæg = Woden's (Odin) day

Thursday = Þunresdæg = Þunor's (Thor) day

Friday = Frigedæg = Freya's day

Saturday = Saturn's day

EDIT: Even use of the terms day and night are references to Dagr and Nótt, Norse god/goddess of day and night, respectively.

192651[/snapback]

Probly the Irish, and northern Ireland, that on-going struggle. I for one think that has more with them being Irish and needing an excuse to fight, then with warring between churches.

Edited by Arnieman

**goes into her "History of England until 1714" notebook, to notes she had just taken only days before**

Although religion doesn't help, the conflict in Ireland is also due to the English trying to "colonize" Ireland and bring it under its control, first started in the mid-12th century under Henry II. See, the Irish were having trouble determining who would be in charge of all Ireland (due to internal feuds between families and such) and much like Scotland did, asked for help from the English to decide. And like in Scotland, the English decided that they would be in charge of Ireland, led by the "Marcher barons", so called because of the soldiers that would march up and down the border between England and Wales. In truth, they only got real control over Dublin and the surrounding area where they made everything English, even in language. From that point on, the Irish had always been opposed to their "English oppressors", and the fact that England later turned towards an Anglican church and tried to enforce it on the devotely-Catholic Irish did not help things at all.

192651[/snapback]

I understand where Kala's Coming from as I often think along the same lines, though I often think she may be a little Too Pessimistic at times. :blink:

Mainly, yes, She's referring to such Factions like those in Ireland, which is in such a state of Chaos with a Border-line Civil War that's currently dividing Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland with People Killing each other and Blowing up each other's Churches. Although, that's but only one of many such events occurring around this world and that have been plaguing our world for thousands of years.

The Problem here isn't Religion as much as Our basic need for conflict, and not just because they are Irish. All humans are like this deep down in our soul. It's part of us (if maybe only a small part). It just takes a little Strife and Hated to bring it out and to turn it Negative. And Religion is just a Convenient Excuse.

The "because they're Irish" was primarily a joke. And, before anyone else says something about not joking about others, I'm part-Irish myself - so, I pretty much made a joke about me too.

yeah i agree somewhat,

but why let your children die? we are Gods children arnt we? well that is what christains say, what about muslims? where is Allah in this picture? and other gods (wich i dont know but i know they are there  :blink: ) ?

another thing; God gave us free will you said, so..why do the christians forbid gay-relationships? free will=chooso freely right?

192570[/snapback]

Just providing info:

- "We are God's children" only applies to Christians. (I also make the distinction between people who call themselves Christians and people who are.)

- "Why let your children die?" assumes that death is the worst thing that could happen. Which makes sense only if you don't believe in a heavenly afterlife. :omg:

- Muslims would say "We are God's servants." (The basic principle is that everything happens by the will of Allah, and to live rightly is to live entirely according to Allah's commands). Therefore, if a person dies, it is by the will of Allah.

- Free will to choose whether to live by God's plan for your life or not. If you DO choose to live by God's plan and God's standards, that includes God's design for your body/sexual life.

:)

-Lyn-

and other gods (wich i dont know but i know they are there  :blink: ) ?

192570[/snapback]

Mine is Prince Sindata, from which he shed his name and became Budda, or "The enlightened one." Watch the movie "Little Budda" it's really good. Also, Buddists do not disagree with Jesus's presence, but they do not see him as a savior. We believe that the power of the mind is more than the tounge, as i why Buddists meditate. Also. Their are different forms of Buddism, i myself am a tibetian Buddist. We believe in rebirth. This idea is the same as if you take a glass of tea, and break the glass. The tea is still tea, but it must find a new glass. As is why i believe in Reincarnation.

"We are God's children" only applies to Christians. (I also make the distinction between people who call themselves Christians and people who are.)

Who gets to determine who's a real Christian, and who isn't?

192908[/snapback]

I think she was trying to differentiate between those who claim to be Christian, and those who actually practice what they preach. At least, had I said something like that, I would be meaning it this way.

As you said about easter, those dates are choosen to hinder ppl to celebrate their pagan rites.

You cant celebrate Jul or hail saturn if youre celebrating christmas the same day, so it worked quite fine.

But, at least here in Germany, we tricked them and the old gods are still alive:

Monday = Montag = Moon day, the day of the goddess of the moon (lunae)

Tuesday = Dienstag = Ziestag, the day of the war god Ziu

Wednesday = Mittwoch = the middle of the week, well...

Thursday = Donnerstag = Donar's day, you know him too by the name Thor

Friday = Freitag =  Freya's day, the goddess of love

:P

Piper

192594[/snapback]

actually I prefer every christian saint to nearly all germanic gods ;)

If you follow the old testament, then you aren't a "true Christian" - You're Jewish.

And I was referring to the wars between the Catholics and Protestants in mid... 16th century? I can't remember the exact time, but I believe the Catholic church had to slaughter everyone who opposed them even slightly to take power, although I may be making that up. World History was a really long time ago.

That, and the same thing is still happening in Ireland, though now it's more like "I'm going to bludger open your skull either way, but first, say you're a Catholic so that it's justified." When I was little, I watched a documentary of the religious wars, and a Baptist threw a chunk of concrete into a crowd of Catholics, and it killed a little girl. Yet "Muslim extremists" are still inherently worse to everybody else.

If you follow the old testament, then you aren't a "true Christian" - You're Jewish.

193070[/snapback]

actually, many Christians still follow the Old Testament as well as the New - Jesus himself says in one of the gospels that he didn't come to erase scripture, only to fulfill it.

And I was referring to the wars between the Catholics and Protestants in mid... 16th century? I can't remember the exact time, but I believe the Catholic church had to slaughter everyone who opposed them even slightly to take power, although I may be making that up. World History was a really long time ago.

That, and the same thing is still happening in Ireland, though now it's more like "I'm going to bludger open your skull either way, but first, say you're a Catholic so that it's justified." When I was little, I watched a documentary of the religious wars, and a Baptist threw a chunk of concrete into a crowd of Catholics, and it killed a little girl. Yet "Muslim extremists" are still inherently worse to everybody else.

193070[/snapback]

I will say this: I do not like violent extremism of ANY kind - Christian, Muslim, Llamathist, whatever. I especially think that any Christian that would harbor hate, knowing what the Bible says about it, and carry on hate "in the name of God", really needs to examine what they believe against the Bible. As for the other extremists, they probably need to check their beliefs too.

Hate breeds hate, pure and simple.

I think she was trying to differentiate between those who claim to be Christian, and those who actually practice what they preach.  At least, had I said something like that, I would be meaning it this way.

192968[/snapback]

Yes, I missed the context in which it was said, sorry. It's still an interesting question, though.

actually, many Christians still follow the Old Testament as well as the New - Jesus himself says in one of the gospels that he didn't come to erase scripture, only to fulfill it.

Not all of it, I hope. All that stoning business tends to get on my nerves.

193117[/snapback]

Yeah, we call those Fundamentalists. They're the ones who burn down houses because a heathen lives there.

192908[/snapback]

God and God alone. Which, by the way, is why I have a problem with people being judged on their Christianity by other people who claim (and may or not be) Christians.

And as Lyanna said, there is a difference between people who say they are Christian, and people who really are, althought that can be said about many things. :wub:

Not all of it, I hope. All that stoning business tends to get on my nerves.

193287[/snapback]

Well, that's part of following both completely.

Old Testament - People who do certain crimes are to be stoned.

New Testament - "Let the man who has no sin cast the first stone."

(In other words, there really isn't anyone to carry out the sentence.)

And as Lyanna said, there is a difference between people who say they are Christian, and people who really are, althought that can be said about many things. :wub:

193436[/snapback]

I think I once heard it best this way: Going to church makes you no more a Christian than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

jesus was jewish. so why did Christian ppl kill jewish ppl over time? Jesus was a Rabbi named Yehoshua (in hebrew). so why all of a sudden turn christian? why do christains kill jews but have one as their leader?..

and i think Maria (the mother of jesus) was cheating on Joseph..i mean, god is jesus father.. Joseph and Maria couldnt get a child. and Jesus was some1 who taught every1 to love each other..if christians believe in this why do they kill for oil?, or whatever reason.

QUOTE(Grum @ Sep 2 2005, 05:24 PM)

God and God alone.

God: bush you are a christian, go kill cous its in the name of god. --> :wub:

and so if i say im christian, god choose me? so if a black guy/women says that she was choosen by god, so why do they hate black ppl?

and not all the rules from christians are in the name of god.. its for themselves and only themselves.. lookie me im leader of holland, i need MORE money for mercedes, sick people have to pay for their hospital cab from now on and so i can buy new mercedes and my queen can wave at """her""" ppl from her fully GOLDEN cart... fuk that.

sorry if this sounds a bit flamey, im trying to hold most of it inn...

I think I once heard it best this way: Going to church makes you no more a Christian than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

193457[/snapback]

Bingo.

Gently directed at Spruit's comment:

Just because someone claims to do something in the name of God, doesn't mean God condoned or ordered it. Hopefully, no Christian claims to be perfect-that's part of the deal-you have to accept and acknowledge your imperfections and shortcomings, and ideally you work to improve yourself. It seems you are mad about a whole lot of people being very hypocritical, and that's perfectly understandable. :icon13: It's dang upsetting, and it's one of the biggest problems I think exist within the Christian community today.

Mind you, it's not just the Christian community that's full of hypocrites. Just look at the Muslim extremists killing themselves and as many others as they can in the name of Allah. All religions contain hypocrites, not just Christianity.

I don't believe I've mentioned this before, but although I am Christian, I am open to all beliefs and ideas that people have about God (or gods, or lack thereof). I find other religions fascinating, and I can take the good characteristics of a religion and work them into my own faith, creating my own "religion", so to speak.

I don't believe I've mentioned this before, but although I am Christian, I am open to all beliefs and ideas that people have about God (or gods, or lack thereof). I find other religions fascinating, and I can take the good characteristics of a religion and work them into my own faith, creating my own "religion", so to speak.

193600[/snapback]

i hope you ain't saying what i think you are saying..

Revelation 22:18-19

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. if you subtract from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will subtract your part from the Tree of Life and the Holy City that are written in this book.

from what i read and understand from what you wrote it sounds to me like you are taking the bible and adding stuff to it... which is what muhammad tried to do with the quran by saying it is another revelation from god but having no proof and the fact that the bible and quran never agree on hardly anything.. i.e. in isaiah or was it job (i forgot which) it talkes about the world being round and hanging on nothing (outer space) and in job it talks about the center of the earth as being like fire.

and the quran says the sun sets in a mud puddle... what is up with that? what ever muhammad was smoking i don't want any.

i maybe wrong about what you said but as i said before it is what i understand from what you wrote.

EDIT: 101 end time prophicies and they are coming true as we speak http://www.harpazo.net/101/List.html

the stuff that is on the web site is very interesting and it may even scare you a little.

btw if you look at it try to read 51 and 53 and if you can read it all it won't take but about 20 or so minutes... that is about how long it took me.. enjoy ;)

Edited by jrritter31984

Eh, I'm not adding stuff to the Bible. I believe in what it says. However, there are elements from other religions that I sometimes accept into my own faith, such as meditation, a method I adopted from Buddhism/Taoism and tweaked it to apply to my own faith.

(by the way... VERY interesting site... I've had my sneaking suspicions that the end of the world is coming sooner than everyone thinks... ^.^; )

Edited by Kendai