MoJo

Nordacarn Cave

Should Nordacarn Cave be PK or Non-PK  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nordacarn Cave be PK or Non-PK

• Non-PK
    • PK
    • Don't Care

I reckon it should be non-pk so i can train on armed goblins and harvest sapphires without being on the look out incase i get pked. :)

Incase your wondering Soldus made me make a new one :P well spotted mate, my bad again :P

yes that would be a good idea...i don't know if there are female gobs in that cave or not but ever since sewers became pk i don't know where to go, either make one or the other not pk. i'd prefer sewers because they have armored and female gobs.

Yes, turn it to Non PK, we need a place when those in the 40-50 range can train without the worry of some high-level jerk to come PK us.

Yes, turn it to Non PK, we need a place when those in the 40-50 range can train without the worry of some high-level jerk to come PK us.

183368[/snapback]

Leave it PK! No need for 'safe' ways to level!

I think it's stupid that you think the devs are going to change their game just so you can level with no challenge. If you don't like it, tough.

They're not going to hold your hand, so stop bitching about where the goblins are located.

:hiya: So make somewhere where i can kill armed goblins without being pked.

183593[/snapback]

you already have two such places: Tarsengaard (outside), and the Nordcarn NonPK cave. sure, the quantity is far less in those spots, but think of it as risk vs. reward.

and this said from someone else who'd like to see more armed/fem gob spawns in nonPK land (even though I've killed a total of one Armed Gob ever).

I say the only places that need to be safe are i.p and storages. Other than that, let's make it all pk :lol:

This is coming from a low lvl fighter, I think it'd make the game much more challenging, and put some excitement in it.

No I'm not expecting this to happen, just sayin, the more pk zones the better ^_^

:hiya: So make somewhere where i can kill armed goblins without being pked.

183593[/snapback]

Why should they? Because you want to train? Oh, well, they should just cater to your every whim. That'll make the game better.

non pk. sure there are other spawns, but they suck @$$.

Why should they? Because you want to train? Oh, well, they should just cater to your every whim. That'll make the game better.

how charmng you are lady kala. You know this isnt the first time this topic has been brought up so obviously he is not the only one who feel this way. :P

Personally I think there should be more pk areas, rather than less. And I'm not talking about uninteresting, empty maps (like KF for example, that is only good for pking and nothing else), but maps just like the NC cave.

A map being a pk map, doesn't mean you have to attack other people or you will be attacked - there's only the possibility of either being attacked or attacking someone. Since this is a Massive Multiplayergame, you can always team up with other people to protect yourself or help each other.

The NC cave itself is not that important for training on gobs since there are the sewers in TG, that are not pk anymore as far as I know. There are armed gobbies in southern TG and in the second NC cave - so it should be easy to find a place to train on armed gobbies - without the danger of being killed or attacked.

Same thing with the sapphires - I can't harvest them myself so I only know few places with sapphires - but I know at least one in the PL-to-WS cave.

I think we should always bear in mind that it's the difficult tasks and things in a game that make the most fun. We should aim for a good playing experience together with other people - and danger is a part of that, imho. The easiest way is not always the best and most exciting one :P

with regards,

kl4Uz

Edited by kl4Uz

I agree that it should be left pk.

If you want to train there its simple, dont wear anything that you're afraid to lose and/or bring diss rings and teleporting rings.. Its nice to have another small place like the arena to train and id be all for adding more arena-like pk areas.

You know this isnt the first time this topic has been brought up so obviously he is not the only one who feel this way.  :)

183675[/snapback]

That doesn't mean he has the right opinion.

Look at the reason to make it non-PK - to make training easier because 'all the good spawns are gone and ebul pkers like shivar will go in and kill us all wah.'

Reasons for leaving it PK: Adds challenge, and with that comes fun and excitement.

If you really want to try and make it non-PK, then at the very least have the decency to come up with an actual reason, instead of whining and bitching and moaning.

I agree that it should be left pk.

If you want to train there its simple, dont wear anything that you're afraid to lose and/or bring diss rings and teleporting rings.. Its nice to have another small place like the arena to train and id be all for adding more arena-like pk areas.

183761[/snapback]

OK simple point also simply made.....when the sewer was safe all you got was people training........now pay a visit ....all high level players watching the armed gobs walking about...not risking wasting their time....just incase they miss someone to PK. Call this bitching......if you will, but its my point and I am free to make it.

OK simple point  also simply made.....when the sewer was safe all you got was people training........now pay a visit ....all high level players watching the armed gobs walking about...not risking wasting their time....just incase they miss someone to PK.      Call this bitching......if you will, but its my point and I am free to make it.

183790[/snapback]

Did you actually get killed? Did you ask them if you could train? Or did you paranoidly walk in with nothing, make an observation, and run out before you could die? Are you bothering to give anybody a chance?

Did you actually get killed? Did you ask them if you could train? Or did you paranoidly walk in with nothing, make an observation, and run out before you could die? Are you bothering to give anybody a chance?

183791[/snapback]

I have made my thoughts on this plain...and posted on it elsewhere.

And to be honest have nothing further to offer....if you do wish an answer I can only suggest you read them. Just leaving you with my last thought.....this valuable area is now just like all the other PK places....groups of people just standing around...waiting waiting waiting. And "finally" to all those who desire the excitement of a total PK zone....well the Pk folk are just a small part of this great game....most are doing other stuff.

Nuffink further to offer :)

Here's my view: Having all spawns in PK zones are a waste of resources this game could use elsewhere. Sure, it adds flavor and a sense of danger to have people that can kill you waiting to do so while you train, but for the honest nonPK roleplayers, we lose severely in the game. As it is, there are certain maps nonPKers will never see, as to not be PKed.

As for using the "no safe spawns" argument, that falls through, unless you make the entire game except for IP as PK maps. I can just see it now, players step off the dock at Lakeside, and the high-level PKers are acting as gatekeepers. The few that aren't on someone's PK list get through, the majority will return to the Underworld/IP and start the cycle over. Before long, new players refuse to enter as they know the only thing to do is die. Then, PKers will leave, with no one to PK. As such, there won't be many people left in EL. And, add to that, why develop maps past WS if no one will ever see them?

Maybe there could be more monster spawns instead of changing the current pk set up of the game. I havent had too many problems being pkd while training legitimately.

To the more powerful pk players if someone shows up in leather with an iron broad and low a/d its not too much of a challenge and having saved bags for them more than once they generally (but not always, ill admit it) leave you alone.

Having these pk areas lends a human factor to the game. If you're polite and fun then you make friends and vice versa. I would hate to lose this, even though im not a pk player myself.

Having these pk areas lends a human factor to the game. If you're polite and fun then you make friends and vice versa. I would hate to lose this, even though im not a pk player myself.

183889[/snapback]

Good point. I really don't want more PK areas, or less PK areas, for that matter. I just like to think *I shouldn't have to watch out for PKers, when I'm watching out for real monsters*.

Not more PK, not less PK; let's just have a balance between PK vs. nonPK. The game really shouldn't favor one style of legal gameplay over another, IMO.

EDIT: *unless I like that sort of thing.

Edited by Arnieman

I think it's stupid that you think the devs are going to change their game just so you can level with no challenge. If you don't like it, tough.

They're not going to hold your hand, so stop bitching about where the goblins are located.

183395[/snapback]

rofl kala they changed harvesting effects so you harvesters would stop "bitching" about it being to tough, why not this? thats the second place that it is pk with armored gobs. why not make new cave pk to now?

rofl kala they changed harvesting effects so you harvesters would stop "bitching" about it being to tough, why not this? thats the second place that it is pk with armored gobs. why not make new cave pk to now?

184017[/snapback]

Excuse me? Before you chew me out, why don't you read what I write? I guess I can't expect somebody with your English skills, or more lack thereof, to understand what I'm saying. If you still don't get it, I'll spell it out for you: I want the cave to be a PK map. I'm not a harvester and I never bitched about a cave wall falling on me.

I dont really care, i dont train to armed gobs anymore, i dont PK much nor.

EDIT: woot, im snake :icon13:

Edited by felkku

Kala, how can you say for the cave to be pk when you don't even fight armored gobs. You have abosultley nothing to do with this convesration except get in the way. Do you just want attention? Use your "english skills" to type something useful in the forums please.

btw i'm not saying you were bitching about the harvesting effects, i was saying the harvesting community was, and they changed the effects, so why not this?

Edited by death_merchant

I suppose you follow me everywhere I go and keep a log of what I fight? I've never heard of you, so I highly doubt it.

You have no right to judge who is adding to the conversation. You're not the one in charge of rating things as worthless. If your only argument for making the cave non-PK is that 'the harvesters' were catered for, so clearly the fighters should be catered to as well, then you've already stated it, now go away and wait for somebody to argue against it, but don't make snipes at me in the form of adding on to your statement.