Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sorinake

Bookstore Prices

I have some issues regarding the book prices in stores. They are WAY TO HIGH, ppl!!! :) I mean they haven't doubled or something, no, not even close, they're 10 - 40 times higher. I don't know what you think, but this is not in favour of a smooth gameplay. Developers should do something about it...have a poll and decide if the prices should be lowered or not. Hope to hear some good news soon. Cya !

I think they are good the way they are.

Without there being level caps on skills anymore, It is nescisary to have rare books actually be RARE. If everyone has them, they arwent rare anymore than are they? I think it is an awesome way of attempting to fix the economy! Good idea ent and roja! Keep up the awesome work

i agree the prices are where they should be for the most part, but a couple of them could stand to be a bit cheaper (gen. axe construction, saphire mining, and a couple others i cant think of at the moment), and a few of the book sellers should be a bit easier to get to (metal mining/ molding books, for instance).

Actually, I like the prices this high. Yes its a pain to read the high-level books. But I think they should be that way. Even Sapphire mining. which costs quite a bit for only mining sapphires must be that price so that crafting is made more rare. There are reasons for everything :confused:

I would say prices of books are way too high. If I was starting this game as a newbie again it would be extremely discouraging. The game is going to have trouble growing if something as silly as sapphire mining costs thousands of gcs.

I like the prices as they are... :P It's good you can't read and do everything before you get enough money and levels! ^_^ Keep them as they are! :brooding:

And yes, it really helps the economy.

OMG If you don't lower these prices, ooohh if u dun lower them. Just look it's only no lifers that read all the books that agree, it doesn't help the economy at all, because noobs can't start even the noob books want u to puao. Bring back the old prices :angry2: :blink: (and add more aggressive emoticons).

see all the people who've read nearly every book? and see the problem with that?

the books in EL (research books... the other sort will be different) aren't just books, they contain complete instructions, diagrams, schematics, etc for their use.

that's the equivalent of a week or three at college in RL... and you know that isn't cheap

They don't prolly include that, BESIDES most of the stuff like mining and such WITH A PICKAXE hasn't many differences irl, fyi all the rock samples and stuff I've chipped out 4 my chem classes , I have done using only a different force of wacking the rock with my pick.

They don't prolly include that, BESIDES most of the stuff like mining and such WITH A PICKAXE hasn't many differences irl, fyi all the rock samples and stuff I've chipped out 4 my chem classes , I have done using only a different force of wacking the rock with my pick.

181930[/snapback]

See a my reply to an earlier discussion on mining...

Mining is hardly an unskilled job, hardly just a matter of hitting rock with a pickax, even though the game illustrates it as such.

What about finding the ore?  Tracking the seam?  EL labels the ore for convenience and implementation ease, but your character cannot find it until (s)he learns how.

What about how to put up pit supports?  You think that the occasional rock fall is an inconvenience now; try mining without knowing how to arrange such things.

What about the dangers of combustable gas?  From the coal mine: Boom...

So, if you mine without the necessary knowledge what would happen?  Most of the time you would be accumulating piles of rubble you cannot distinguish from ore.  Then you get killed when the rock face collapses completely, burying your deathbag, because you didn't recognise the fault in the rock, and didn't prop the walls/roof correctly.  Eventually you stagger back to the store to sell your load, and are told that you have 200emu of worthless rubble...

173916[/snapback]

It ain't THAT skilled to correspond to the book sizes. These are JUST MINING books, nothing about prospecting mentioned. Besides you read so much and you dont even build any kind of supports to prevent collapsing. Besides coal is an organic subsatnce, and there is frequently methane in coal mines, but we don't have a book on how to mine coal ( which imo is riskier than metal and crystal). Besides I have only once gotten ore irl, I did with the heating up technique, to make the ore crack off the cavern wall (used a blowtorch), since the rock and the mineral have different thermical expansion , the ore falls off.

The prices suck , because even NOOB BOOKS like silver mining etc cost alot. The economy can be fixed by removing the need for gold althoghether, then ppl will trade item 4 item , since gold wont be used.

Sorry i double posted, also wanted to say that crystal (gems, quartz etc) are harved a lot more easy than it's ingame.

Edited by Dimov